II : Friendship

Airbag

Waking up was painful enough for Minseok and what made it worse was the sound of someone banging on the door, or atleast that's what he thought. It was 7:00 in the morning, why would someone relentlessly bang on Minseok's front door?

Minseok rolled over with a groan. "Alright! Alright! I'm coming!" he screamed, lifting up his overly heavy body with squinting eyes. He made his way through the living room, still wearing the rough clothes from last night.

"Ugh, just shut up. Shut up with the banging already!" He whined as he pulled open the door.

Kai and Kris.

"What was that all about?" Kai entered before Minseok could even let them in.

"What are you talking about?" Minseok rubbed his head, baffled, and closed the door behind him.

"Last night. Dummy." Kai said, helping himself out to a cup of newly brewed coffee.

"Last night—" Minseok stopped short, remembering the hazy night before.

"Uh-huh." Kris nodded and sat down. "Lu Han, Gin. You were crazy and wild, bro. Never seen you that way ever before."

Minseok couldn't even reply to Kris. The thoughts just ran through his mind. About that perfect guy, Lu Han, and the glass of Gin he had in his hand as he partied on and on, dancing to every beat in the club. Minseok wasn't really the life of the party but yesterday he came to notice what such fun he'd been missing out on. But there was only one thing he wasn't sure, will he ever see Lu Han again? His head ached even more from all the blur and confusion. With out a meep, Minseok sat beside Kris.

His shirt, still stained with the smell of cigars, Gin and Lu Han's cologne, the unforgettable essence that never seemed to leave him. The same shirt that Lu Han caressed and hugged tightly against his own. And Minseok. The Minseok that Lu Han touched repeatedly, was him.

"Honestly, I never saw that in you. I mean we've been together ever since Joonmyun hyung started Stitch Inc. But none of us thought you had it in you. Honestly we're kind of shocked and disappointed." Kai paced back to the couch, sitting on the sofa across from Kris and Minseok as he shook his head.

"That's not what we meant." Kris shot him a glare. "Look, Minseok. You've really gone through a lot over the years, I mean, yeah, we never saw it in you. But maybe there's a little part of you that you just haven't released yet. It's not bad to have broken your 'Good Boy' record. It just shows that people can change. To us, you're still the same Minseok. But just like a game, you added a little more to you."

"Yeah. We can always go clubbing if you want. I mean, me and Kris? We's the party people." Kai beamed at Minseok, patting his shoulder ever so slightly.

"Thanks guys. But it's just that.. Lu Han.. Is he even real?" He asked. Lu Han's presence never seemed to exist at all. Like he was just a contented soul roaming here and there, leaving his presence to exist only in people's memories.

"From what I saw.. Yeah. He was as real as you and me." Kris leaned back on the couch. "The thing is, we didn't come here to talk about last night. Last night was to be left as our past and to be forgotten. Anyways, Kai just got carried away. We came here to tell you that at this point," Kris glance back at his phone, then continued on. "about 40 people already bought the full version of your game ever since it's release at 3 o'clock p.m yesterday." 

"Really?" Minseok's face lit up. And suddenly all the pain and worries he had vanished. In less than 24 hours, 40 people already bought his game? What about tomorrow? Or the next day? And the next? Would this finally become his break through?

"Yeah. We came here to congratulate you on your success. So let's go eat out later. This time it'll be on me." Kris smiled, knowing how bad Minseok wanted to be found again.

"Congratulations. Congratulations!" Kai clapped. 

 

Minseok slipped off his dirty clothes and dipped into the luke-warm shower. 'Wow.. 40 people? I usually only get about 2 or 3 buyers after the first day.' he thought as millions of shower droplets continued to hit his skin. As soon as he finished with his shower, Minseok got ready for the day off. He picked his clothes out thoroughly to fit the places they were going to. A gray v-neck, leather jacket, charcoal black jeans, pure black Converse, a gray beanie, and to fit it all, sunglasses.

Minseok walked out like a boss. 

 

Everyone met up at the venue that Kris reserved especially for them, Hwangsu Kiss. One of the most expensive, fancy and highly rated restaurants in all of South Korea. Rich enough, Kris could afford a meal for everyone. 

"Do you have a reservation, sir?" a waitor asked.

"Uh, yes. My friend's name is Kris Wu." Minseok said, looking slightly ungroomed for the place. All he knew was that they were going to eat out. But not at a fancy restaurant such as this. He pulled off his sunglasses and beanie, fixing his hair to look a bit more proper.

The man leafed through the reservation page, "Sir, there's no one who made a reservation under the name Kris Wu."

"Oh, well can you try Li Jiaheng or Kevin Li?" That was one thing that irritated Minseok. Kris had so many names and didn't know which one to stick with. He always had to choose whichever he felt like using. It was quite a hassle.

"Is he Chinese? There is a man under the name Wu Yifan. Kris Wu? Maybe it's Wu Yifan?" the waitor suggested.

"Yeah. Yeah, Wu Yifan, that's him." Minseok nodded. The waitor led him to the table big enough for at least 2 or 3 more people. When he arrived, everyone was already there. And everyone but him looked extravagant. All wearing buttoned down shirts, some with a blazer over it. And then there was him, wearing leather jacket and a gray v-neck, looking some-what like a rocker.

"What is this? A rave? This is a restaurant for goodness sake, Minseok." Chanyeol snapped.

"That's Minseok-hyung to you." Minseok shot him a glare before sitting down between Joonmyun and Kyungsoo.

"Nuh-uh. You're not sitting there, bro." Kris articulated.

"What?" bewilderment portayed on Minseok's face.

Kris pointed to a table far to the right. A man was already sitting there, his back facing them all. 

"That's a table for two." Minseok said, clearly audible.

"Yep. Now, you will need this." Kris perked up, handing him a new blazer.

"Take that leather jacket off and put this new one on. Think of it as a present from me." Kris winked and tossed the black blazer over the table to Minseok.

Minseok was lost and confused. Last time he thought was that they were going to eat out. Not him going to eat with some stranger. But he still continued to do as he was told. 

"Now, on your way." Joonmyun stood up and pushed Minseok as soon as he put on the new blazer.

On his way. Minseok was on his way to a man he didn't know. He tapped the man's shoulder and the man stood up.

"I've been waiting for you," he turned around, "Minseok."

Lu Han. 

'Wait Lu Han?' Minseok looked back at the table where he last saw his friends, they were getting ready to leave. Kris caught Minseok's gaze and winked, putting two thumbs up before mouthing, "You'll do just fine."

"Sit." 

Minseok's attention shifted over to Lu Han.

"How did you..?" Minseok asked, still with much confusion.

"Kris. Actually he asked for my number. He was the last person to get in the limo that night." Lu Han smiled.

Minseok sat on the seat in front of Lu Han, "Oh."

Lu Han nodded. "So. Let's eat? Everything's on me. And then maybe later we can go to the beach."

Minseok agreed and Lu Han called for the waitor, telling him the numerous orders they both had.

"Lu Han.. you're Chinese, right?" 

"Only pure, Minseok.. -hyung?" his voice entrailed with a pitch in the end.

Minseok chuckled before answering, "I'm only 22. Just like you."

"Really? Hah, no one would have guessed. You don't look to old." 

"Same goes to you. You're a baby face." 

The waitor came up to their table with a silver cart filled with various food. He gently placed them on their table, their main dish in front of them and their sides. Their fork, spoon, chopsticks and knives, neatly placed on the table. A white kercheif neatly placed on their laps as their order came in. And last, Champagne.

The waitor politely filled in their glasses half way before leaving them on their own.

Minseok and Lu Han had a fair conversation, saving the big secrets for last. After eating, Lu Han gladly paid and took Minseok outside.

"Get in." Lu han said as he swung his car's door open. An unreleased silver Jaguar F Type 2014. It showed that Lu Han was filthy rich.

Minseok carefully entered. The seat was pure leather and everything just looked so futuristic. Lu Han sped through the streets of Seoul, so fast that everything seemed to stop and slow down.

"Where are we going?" Minseok asked, slighly dizzy from the people and buildings that just whizzed by.

"Han River. It's the only place where my heart could be satisfied." Lu Han explained.

Minseok nodded, understanding that he too, had place where only his soul could be free. With Lu Han's speed, they arrived there in no time. The two got off the car and started to stroll over the bridge. It was a sunny but breezy day, perfect for Lu Han to let his heart roam.

"You know.. I'm rich." Lu Han started as he stopped his tracks to look over the bridge to a wavy river. "I can buy anything I want."

"Cool. You have everything. I'm struggling just to get by." Minseok nodded.

"But being rich isn't what I want. I don't care if I have all the money in the world, just as long as someone loves me." his voice started to falter. "I've always been just a toy to anybody. Only for my riches."

"You have your family, Lu Han. They can ease away all your pain." Minseok looked at Lu Han, who was starting to get emotional.

"That's the problem. I have all the money in the world but not one loves me. My parents? They're busying themself with their jobs. Never had time for me when I was young. I grew up with my older sister who took care of me, my whole life." his lips quivered.

"Well, you have your sister." 

"She's gone, Minseok. She's— gone." he couldn't hold it anymore and let out a sob. "She's gone. She's gone.. She's gone!" he repeated as he banged his fists on the railing.

"Lu Han.." Minseok quickly embraced him. He didn't know what to say so he just kept quiet and listened only to the sound of Lu Han's muffled cries. "I know it hurts, Lu Han. But when you learn to let go— doesn't mean you have to forget your noona— life will reward you with something better."

"Look. Look at me." Minseok lifted Lu Han's chin up to meet his small, baozi like face. "I'm alone too. I've lived life alone. I'm an orphan. You're lucky, Lu Han. You have parents to call mom and dad. Parents you can visit. Yeah they don't pay attention to you much, but me? I haven't called anyone 'Mom' or 'Dad' in a long time."

Lu Han's cries faded away with Minseok's words. He looked into Minseok's eyes and realized something he hadn't before— no matter how happy he was, his eyes were always sad. Lu Han embraced Minseok. If he didn't have anyone, there was one thing left for sure, he had Lu Han.