III: Falling

Airbag

"Whatever it is, it will come." Lu Han said as he approached Minseok.

5 days since their original meeting and Lu Han and Minseok were on their second 'date.' They weren't really progressing on to the next level. They're still friends and both still had mutual feelings for each other, just that they were going out more often for two people to who barely knew anything about each other.

"I know, I know. It's just that, I'm kind of scared of the things that will result in me starting a new game. I mean, I barely finished Wolf. I'm happy that it's getting good ratings but will this happen to the next one too? What if it flops?" Minseok stirred his coffee, in which Lu Han placed on front of him before sitting across.

"Like I said, Whatever it is, It will come. You can't stop it but you can't just give up because of it." Lu Han argued, trying to persuade the other to go and continue his life long dream. Minseok nodded. Letting Lu Han know that he won't stop making video games just because he feared the opinions. 

"So, you're 22 and you're full Korean? You make video games and you live alone? I think I know you're basics."  Lu Han continued on.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah and yeah. Basically. I know you're basics too. You're also 22 like me and you don't work because you live a rich life. You love to go clubbing and drinking is your thing. You're the life of the party but you never fail to be a quiet one. You're having problems but just to let you know, I'm here for you." Minseok smiled.

"Thanks, Minseok. That really means a lot. So what's your favorite color?" Lu Han asked, trying to know more about the guy.

"Hrm, Blueberries!" 

"Blueberries?" Lu Han chuckled, "So blue right? Mine's strawberries! By strawberries, I mean red!"

"Red? Red and Blue make a good couple!" Minseok answered, almost meaning the truth.

Everything went well for the two. They've advanced to atleast the next level, close friends. The two knew a lot about each other now that they've spent hours and hours just getting to know each other. Minseok knew Lu Han's life stories and Lu Han knew Minseok's life stories. Why Minseok never really revealed his parents or any of his siblings.

Minseok was 8 years old when everything started to fall apart. He grew up with his mom and grandmother. His father, being a drunkard, left them for his mistress. He was always alone, no siblings or cousins. They lived in a country side place with his grandmother who supported him his whole life, until he was old enough to rent a house and take in his mother. During Senior year in highschool, Minseok worked up some money and every month, paid the rent without his mother's help. 

Unfortunately, his mother was ill-bedded with Malaria which swept through the country side and killed his grandmother. Luckily, he'd got out in time. The city of Daegu was where they moved, to get cure for his mother. The type of Malaria Minseok's mother had, had no cure. The only thing left was for his mother to suffer forever until her death.

Minseok was on his 2nd year of college when his mother died. His loss caused him to drop out of school. For most days, Minseok spent his days alone in his room, dark and cold. That was until he met his new neighbor, Joonmyun, someone who had cleared his life and helped him get up again, starting a new career as a video game artist.

 

He had everything. All the toys, clothes and food he wanted. He had an advantage from all the other kids who wanted to live his life. His parents were loathing rich and never cared for anything but their company, Chachi. A big fashionable palace, the home of all the clothes. Everything was there, men, women, kids. Anything. A place only rich people shopped.

Lu Han was 8 years old when he started facing his parent's neglect. His parent's attention went all to the company and all the money. Nothing was more important than that, not even their own child. Lu Han had no siblings and often just played by himself. By the age of 19, Lu Han went solo. He tried everything that was possible for them to notice him. Nothing worked. At this age, Lu Han felt free. He was about to finish highschool and he was almost acceptable to enter a club. 

When Lu han hit 20 years old, to celebrete, he went clubbing alone. LIke aways his parents, would forget his birthday and even if he reminded them countless times, they'd just say a meaningless Happy Birthday and throw money in his face. What use is everything if I don't have love? He asked himself over and over again. He'd rather live in poverty just as long as he had a one big happy family.

 

"So that's what shapes you up to the person you are now.." Minseok said, almost teary eyed. They boy's story couldn't have gotten any worse. It couldn't have.

"Yeah, I mean yours is worse than mine. At least I have a family.." Lu Han looked down, feeling as if he'd been asking for more. This guy in front of him had no parents and still no money in his hands.

"You can change everything, Lu Han. There's still time to change it. And even if I don't have a family, I've got my friends." Minseok smiled, but sorrow plastered on his face.

"And me.. You have me." Lu Han smiled, and held the boy's hand. Minseok was none like the rest. He made friends before but Minseok..? Minseok was completely different. And the more he talked to Minseok, the more he felt attracted to this person. It was as if they'd barely met for a few days and he's already falling for him.

It was a strange feeling, something brand new. He couldn't express it in any kind of way, he felt his palms sweat against the touch of Minseok's. His heart started to pulse harder and harder, butterflies, entering his stomach for the first time. And his eyes, were completely glued to Minseok's utter perfection. Everything seemed to stop, like the world cancelled out on them and it was just them two. The world seemed to turn slower, people going in slow-mo. Minseok who was still talking, was unheard.

Silence.

Everything was moving but in complete silence.

3... 2... 1...

'I'm In love.. I— I think I'm in love with you..' His eyes widend at the sudden thought. 

"Lu Han? Lu Han, are you listening to me?" Minseok waved his hand, making sure Lu Han was still completely sane.

"Huh?" Everything started to move normally again, and the light had been retrieved from the darkness, color appeared and he could hear. "Yeah.."