Doubts

May Be

Darkness shrouded his body, silence filled his whole surroundings.

He turned his head, spread his arms in order to find any hold. He strumbled, fell and never hit the ground. A sudden scream cut through the silcence, he winced...

 

Another scream, another wince – perfectly coordinated in an undefined rhythm.

Please stop...“ A whisper.

He still fell but he couldn't see the ground.

A scream. Painful, imploring, desperate.

STOP!“ A shout.

 

Silence...

He hit the ground...

 

JAEJOONG!“

He snapped his eyes and mouth open, gasping for air as a nearly drowning man. His hands were pinned onto the sheets, a weight pressed his lower body down. He couldn't move.

 

Jaejoong...“

Yunho was sitting on his lap, holding him down. A shivering bead of sweat ran down his temper, his hair looked messy and four slightly bleeding scratches went down his neck. He panted.

 

It's alright...“

His low voice made Jaejoong shiver. Still panting heavily, he calmed slowly down.
„I'll release now, okay?“, Yunho asked quietly and hesitantly detached his hands from Jaejoong's arms. He stood up and flattened his all-white clothes, carefully touching the scratches on his neck.

 

Damn, you're strong...“, Yunho muttered with a weak smile and grabbed a glass of water from the nightstand. „Here“, he said while handing the glass to Jaejoong.

I-I'm sorry...“, Jaejoong whispered shocked and stared at Yunho's neck. He ignored the glass in Yunho's hand and stood up with shaking legs, carefully caressing Yunho's abused skin. „I'm sorry, Yunho...“

 

The elder man put the glass back onto the nightstand and smiled gently. „It's alright“, he said again and softly pulled Jaejoong's hand down. „Try to sleep now again... Tomorrow is your first hypnotherapy, you need to be fit.“ He winked and pointed at the remote next to Jaejoong's bed. „You can always call me if you're in need of anything, okay?“, he asked smiling and eyed his opposite concerened, before he went to the door. „I'll have a look at you every 15 minutes.“, he promised and left the room.

 

* * * * *

 

One week passed since Jaejoong moved into the clinic, but this was the first night that he had nightmares again.

Yunho always had the night shifts and mostly Jaejoong came at about 10 p.m. to the stuff room to spent the night with Yunho. They talked a lot, only interrupted by some patients who called Yunho, and both Yunho and Jaejoong enjoyed their time together.

 

While Yunho basically talked about his dance training and some competitions he took part in, Jaejoong told him about his past years in Highschool and his family. It was obvious how deep Jaejoong's love to his family was and that he secretly suffers from being seperated from them. Of course, Jaejoong's parents and sisters visited him a lot – even in these few days – but it seemed to be a huge change for him.

 

In today's night, Jaejoong didn't come to the staff room and when Yunho went up to his room, he saw Jaejoong sleeping in his bed, covered completely under his white blankets. Yunho smiled slightly and – as promised in their first night – he went every 15 minutes to Jaejoong's room making sure that everything's in order.

 

At his third or fourth visit, he found Jaejoong covered with sweat and panting heavily. He muttered incomprehensible words and suddenly started to wince and scream. Immediately, Yunho tried to wake him up, but the sleeping man was in such a rage that he lashed about and shrilled.

Yunho tried to hold him down – he didn't want Jaejoong to hurt himself – and when he finally succeeded in waking him up, he was shocked by Jaejoong's condition.

 

The young man was in total panic and he was only slowly able to calm down. Yunho knew from Jaejoong's and his father's descriptions how worse his nightmares can be, but he never expected his patient to be in such a bad condition...

 

Yunho entered the staff room again and looked at his computer but there had been no other emergency while he cared for Jaejoong. He sat down in front of the desk and run his hands through his darkbrown hair.

Hopefully, Jaejoong would be able to sleep again this night...

 

Last night, Jaejoong told Yunho about the first session of his hypnotherapy that will be starting tomorrow. During the last week, Jaejoong and his therapist developed a schedule for his coming therapy which hopefully bring the reasons for Jaejoong's pain to light.

In an ambulant practice, his former therapists weren't able to try a hypnotherapy with Jaejoong because they had to make sure that even after their session Jaejoong is in the near of a skilled doctor. Hypnosis might cause remembrences even hours later, and when Jaejoong would get a panic attack without being in a clinic, he might go mad. Noone – especially Jaejoong – wanted to risk injuring his parents. Maybe his clinic stay has a positive side after all.

Yunho begged that the therapy will work...

 

* * * * *

 

Jaejoong wasn't able to find sleep this night again. On the one hand, he was afraid of having more nightmares and, on the other hand, he was too nervous about the coming day. He didn't know if he would be blue or glad when the hypnotherapy doesn't work. Maybe it was better for him to NOT know what was going on with him, but... he couldn't have these nightmares for the rest of his life. Rather he'd die by choice...

 

In the morning, he was waken up by Jungsu again. The young male-nurse wasn't only working on his floor, but also took part as an assistant in nearly all of Jaejoong's appointments with his therapist Mr. Lee. Jaejoong started to trust Jungsu and – to be honest – it was nice to have a friend in this unfamiliar surroundings. Next to Heechul, of course.

 

When Jaejoong entered the bathroom and thought about Heechul, he couldn't help smiling. He was glad to have this strange guy around him, since Heechul's hard outer shell crumbled with every day a little more. Heechul talked a lot about Siwon and Hangeng – his half-boyfriend who is apparently a famous star in China – and it was obvious to Jaejoong that his friend was in a huge conflict between these two men.

After all Heechul told him about Hangeng, Jaejoong couldn't comprehend his strong love to the Chinese guy. But this wasn't Jaejoong's business.

 

After getting ready and having a small breakfast, Jaejoong directly went to his therapist's room and knocked silently on the door. He was called in by the low voice of Mr. Lee, his therapist. He greeted Jaejoong friendly and smiled encouragine, when he saw Jaejoong's concerened face.

 

They had talked about their course of action in the meetings before, so that they didn't have to plan that much today. Jaejoong was quite glad about not talking too much about his hypnosis today, since this would make him even more concerened.

 

He laid down on a huge couch and took a deep breath.

Mr. Lee smiled and slightly touched Jaejoong's hand. „Let's see whats in your head“, he said winking and placed his hand on Jaejoong's forehead, slowly starting to talk to him.

 

'It will not work...', cut through Jaejoong's mind when he listened to Mr. Lee's words. Unnoticed by himself, he slowly slipped off into an unknown world inside his head.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Wanna know about Jaejoong's therapy?
Better subscribe to know when I update the next chapter :P