Three

Guardians: Book I
Please log in to read the full chapter

The walk down the corridor leading to where I was to meet the council was oddly happy, more than likely because of Suho’s incessant talking, he was explaining the murals on the wall.  Each representing something important to Reisa’s history, and currently we were at the point where the mural was depicting the Zjariza, it was rather obvious to tell which Zjariza was which.

Then I saw something, it was a depiction of Qevyaray, the Zjariza from my traiv. I was in awe, she was focused intently on what she was doing obviously, and for the amount of power she was using she looked so calm and completely in control. It made me think of myself, I was nowher near that level, I couldn't hold a condle to her.

“Jade.” I was snapped out of my momentary stupor to see that both Kris and Suho had stopped a large pair of double doors. I could hear my heartbeat drumming loudly in my ears, I shakily walked forward as they opened the doors. 

My eyes surveyed the room, it was pure white, with blue stain glass windows giving the room a slight blue glow. There were six chairs and long table set up. In the chairs sat five young men and one woman; they all looked relatively young. Each of them seemed to be dressed rather ornate from what I could see.

Kris and Suho entered after me closing the doors, Suho scurried off to a desk that had an open book on it along with ink and a pen. He was a scribe, of course it was his job to be here while Kris was my so he just stood in the back next to the door.

“Jade from the Melosia Traiv, which resides in the city of Selenya, welcome to Eltemisiya, capital city if the Kingdom of Reisa.” I look up, it was the woman who’d spoken and she was standing as well, I noticed the detail of her dress; sheer sleeves, Zjeimelam silk and green embroidery. “I am Boa.” she introduced herself, “Onew.” said taller man with a gentle smile, he appeared to be the oldest his suit jacket looked to be made in Lettonya, with orange embroidery. “Minho.” I glanced at the tallest male, his jacket was Lettonyam as well and the others were probably the same, his had a deep red embroidery on it. “Jonghyun, and don’t be so nervous.” said the male with yellow embroidery and a kind smile, I blinked as the others chuckled.

“Don’t scare her Jonghyun. I’m Kibum but you can call me Key.” said the male with pink embroidery, as he scolded his fellow councilman, “Taemin.” came quiet voice from the male with blue embroidery and shy smile. “We are the council, but I’m sure you already knew that.” again it was woman who spoke.

I nodded, not voicing the series of questions in my head, “Don’t be afraid to ask questions, Jade.” I blinked and stared at Taemin, I think it was he just smiled back, “I should explain that I guess, each member of the council has a certain ability. Jonghyun is an empath, Key is a seer, Taemin is a mind reader, Minho has mind control, Onew is an aurar and I am a medium.” she finished, I nodded somewhat understanding.

“Okay..well since you kind of answered those questions. Why am I here?” I asked, rather nervous I mean I was just some girl who can’t control her power very well from a city in Unyaiva, nothing special about that. “You aren’t just some girl, you’re her legacy...sorry.” Taemin spoke up then apologized, wait he read my mind.

“Even though he read your mind, he’s right Jade you’re special, you carry the legacy of Qevyaray, your tribe’s patron guardian.” Boa spoke giving me a meaningful stare as I stood there slack jaw. “Um, Qounyazela if I may beg your pardon, but I can barely concentrate long enough to even try to tap into my power. I can’t be Qevyaray’s legacy...I am nothing like her I don’t have that much control.” I explained well more like rambled but it was the truth, I was lucky if I could manage to glow.

“And that’s exactly why you’re her legacy; Jade. Selenya doesn’t produce many young people who have the power of the cosmos much less such excess as yours. It’s because you are Qivyara’s legacy that makes it difficult to control your power, because it’s so vast.” Onew explained I didn’t respond, I was weighing out what he’d said in my head.

“She’s still a bit skeptical..” it was Jonghyun this time, I guess he could feel my uneasiness and doubt, “Then we must show her.” Minho said as he disappeared through a doorway on left coming back seconds later. In his hands he held a small chest that was open, showing a medium sized glass orb, that swirled with colors. “The Orb of Qorvusa will erase any doubts in your mind, Jade. Take it.” he told me gently, I eyed the swirling ba

Please log in to read the full chapter