[PROLOGUE]

Trapped

The sun is too hot and bright to have the practice for the intercollege soccer tournament, but the school's soccer team will never ever care about how much the awful heat stings the back of their necks. The students seating on the bleachers are cheering too loudly over the heartthrobs of the team, mostly girls from the younger years and some not-so-lucky-not-so-talented college boys who aren't chosen in, yells almost burrying the sound of the whistle the coach has been blowing everytime Luhan gets a chance to do a free kick.

Luhan is a senior, too rich to be seen in cafeterias, too cool to be bullied, too smart to have his subjects pending. He's a snob, to be honest. Probably because there are too many high school and college girls who are stalking him everytime he walks in towards his Audi to everytime he walks his way towards his class. Maybe he's just ignoring them to not make them crowd around him and not make more scandalous scenes that are already there. Summing up everything about him, he's the ideal trophy everyone wishes to have.

But for Luna, who has her head burried in between half of the number of pages of the Webster's dictionary she's managed to find in one of the dusty shelves of the school's library, Luhan isn't just a trophy for display purposes. Luhan... Luhan is the apple of her pie, the flame to her candle, the smoke to her high. Luhan has been her inspiration all these years, probably more than the way her parents make her feel. She thinks, she is Luhan's princess in shining armor. That is, she always checks him out infront of the Lu's mansion every school days (including her work as a milk deliverer every weekends) to make sure that he's safe on his way. And on the afternoons, after the school hours, after the soccer practice, she'd be hiding at one of the pillars of the school's parking lot to watch him safely enter his car and make his way home, secured. And she'd smile like an idiot as she walks her way back to their home, three blocks before the Lu's residence, clenching her phone in her slightly sweaty palm as she thinks of how gracious Luhan's moves are. It isn't enough to be called obsession... not really, but it still is, isn't it?

It is already a bonus for her to see him smiling most of the time, almost as if the background which is the Engineering Department hallway seems to turn into a eutopia with sparkles and tiny twinkling stars. Even though it isn't her who is the reason behind, Minseok and his other team members are, it's more than enough.

And it's more than more than enough when it rains cats and dogs that friday afternoon. Luna's class has ended just in time, not like those other days where her history professor chooses to end a chapter of the book than to end the class immediately at the supposed dismissal. As per usual, she skips from the room full of nosy college students and makes her way to the stairs down the school's parking lot. It doesn't surprise her to not see Luhan outside his Audi this time. The end of his class is always six thirty in the afternoon, and it's only just quarter to six. So, she settles down on the ledge of the plant box approximately three meters away from the man's car. Slightly drenched from the rain, she wiggles and tries to dry herself with a handkerchief, slightly coughing because of the cold the rain gives the entire place.

The parking lot is empty yet, no skippers hanging around to play decks of cards and light cigarettes and no 'fangirls' of Luhan wandering around. It is only fifteen minutes later when Luna hears hushed footsteps coming from the stairs towards the parking lot, or probably somewhere near her. On instinct, she leaps out of her seat and hides behind the bushes.

"I'm on my way." says the intruder, slightly blurry, and Luna thinks she's going to lose the enough oxygen to let her stay alive as she holds her breath. Stupidly though, she really doesn't have to do that because the sound of the rain can already hide less than forty decibels of sound she's creating with each oxygen intake.

"What do you want me to get you then? I can drop by by the fastfood or... oh, okay, I will be there." says the voice again, footsteps getting louder and louder each passing second.

Luna, with drenched hair, uniform skirt, sneakers and everything, peeks in through the bushes in curiosity then. And she almost...

There is a loud yelp that comes after, a really loud thud and rain against pavement filling her ears. There is a trashbin behind her that has made her stumble and trip when she has stepped backward to get enough space to look out. The big drops of rain hitting her face make her squint her eyes to not get them sting, as she entirely falls down the wet pavement. A few seconds later, at least Luna thinks, a hand is already stretched out infront of her.

She just stares at it, not purposely though, but just because moist from the rain is filling her mucus membrane which makes everything blurry in her peripheral version.

"Hey, are you okay?" It is slightly low, and Luna has to just trust her instinct and nods.

After that, she realizes that she's being lifted up with two long clothed arms, taking her as if she's made of glass.

"What were you doing there?" He asks, putting down Luna to the ledge of the plant box she had just seated earlier and Luna, at the same time, tries really hard to peek in to get a chance to see the man's face.

Of course he isn't Luhan. This man has deeper voice and longer arms.

"Here. " Chanyeol, one of the members of the soccer team with Luhan, says, offering a handkerchief.

Luna immediately stands up in embarassment, head lowered, and takes the handkerchief from the man's hand with slight hesitation. "Thanks."

"What is your name? What have you been doing there?" Chanyeol bombards her again, ducking to catch a glimpse on Luna's pale face.

"Luna." Luna answers, and Chanyeol makes a sound like a gasp so Luna looks up worriedly. "I just... slipped." She reasons, matter-of-factly. "I'm sorry for bothering you. I'm going. Thanks."

Luna scrunches her face in disappointment as she rushes her way out of the scene. That is just so embarassing, especially the fact that the one who has seen her is one of Luhan's co-league. Could there be anything else more foolish than this, she mentally growls.

"Hey, wait! Luna!" She is about to take the first step of the stairs when Chanyeol calls her name out. She turns around then, and she doesn't expect to have Chanyeol running towards her. "Let me drive you home."

"What?" Luna asks, then blinks when she realizes what she's just boasted. "I mean, why?"

Chayeol just smiles, and it looks as if it hides too much secret Luna couldn't think of what. She has heard so much about the friendship going on in between the members of the soccer team, but not specifically of Chanyeol. All she knows is that Chanyeol chooses Baekhyun over anyone else in the team.

"Just... come on." Unexpectedly, Chanyeol grabs her left hand and drags her to the parking lot again, to a seemingly new Porsche parked beside Luhan's Audi. Luna wonders if the kids in the soccer team really have luxury cars collection.

"Okay, okay." Luna mumbles, slightly agitated, trying her best to get her wrist back from the man's grip. "I can walk on my own, you don't need to pull me like a trolley."

Chanyeol releases her then, diving his hand inside his uniform slacks' front pocket maybe to fetch out the car key.

"Do you know what to do when someone's sick?" Chanyeol asks out of the blue, and pushes a button and unlocks the car doors. She lets Luna in first before getting into the driver's seat.

"What do you mean sick?" Luna feels totally awkward about all these, to be honest, fingers fidgetting as she tries to act cooly infront of the man in contrast.

"Like... when someone's having a flu." He says, revving up the car and then they are moving.

Luna raises an eyebrow. "Yes, probably. Why?"

She catches the way Chanyeol's lips twitch before he boasts, over excitedly, "Okay, that's cool!" He smiles at her for a second. "Is it alright for you if you... get back home a little later?"

"Huh?"

"Uh, i just..." Chanyeol trails, and they have already passed by the first intersection towards the city proper. "Can you come with me for a while? I mean, before I drive you home?"

"What? Why?" Luna yelps, looking at Chanyeol with big, surprised eyes.

"Please. Just this once." Chanyeol glances at him then, with pleading cat-like eyes and a slightly childish pout. "I will give you the favor back, I promise. Just this once."

And Luna thinks she's going to pass out when she lets out an "Okay." just before Chanyeol speeds up his car like a roller coaster.