First Day in Office

I Saw My Boss Kissing a Guy!

Minji hummed cheerfully in the car while thinking about her first day in office. She already waited this for almost a month. She was a fresh graduate from a famous college in this city. She was majoring architecture and finally she got a job in a real estate company, Highway Corporation. Highway Corporation was famous for being a number one real estate business in this country and it’s really hard to get a job there. Luckily, her prestation was really good and HC hired her to work in design and planning department.

Unlike her, Yang Seungho—Minji’s boyfriend—had a stiff expression in his face. Actually, he didn’t want her to work there. He wanted her to be his wife after she graduated or atleast she could work in his company. Seungho was Minji’s senior in college and now he was a chairman on a shipping company. They already dated for 1 year and their relationship was a serious one. Minji wanted to make Seungho happy, but Minji didn’t want to get a job with that kind of way. Moreover, she was an architect and she wanted to get a job that matched her skill. And she didn’t ready to get married. She was still 21 years old and she still wanted to try so many things before get married. She wanted to gain much of life experience.

Finally, they arrived and Seungho stopped his car infront of Highway Corporation building. He looked at Minji and sighed. “Can you cancel this?”

Minji shook her head. “I really want to get this job, Oppa...”

He took a deep breath. “Okay then... If you feel tired or feel some hardship, you can quit anytime you want.”

“I’m not that weak, Oppa!”

Seungho weakly smiled and caressed her cheek. “Call me if you get some hardship.”

Minji nodded and smiled so widely. “Thanks, Oppa. I’ll go now.”

She pecked his cheek and went out from the car. She entered the building and went to the information section. The young lady called the staff in design and planning department to meet Minji. And not long after that, another young lady came and smiled to her. It seems she was also aroung her age. She was young and fresh.

“Ms. Kim Minji?” She asked her politely.

Minji nodded. “Yes.”

“I’m Kang Taehee from design and planning department too. I will show you our department section.” She walked and Minji followed her. “You can relax. People from design and planning department were so friendly.”

“How many people work in design and planning department?” Minji asked her.

“We have 12 peoples, includes you, in our department.” Taehee actually wanted to continue describing their department to Minji, but suddenly they passed a group of women that squeeled and whispered to each other.

Minji raised her eyebrow, she didn’t understand what happened with them. Minji looked at Taehee and she just snorted. “See that guy who brings a document in his hand?”

Minji looked at the man that Taehee mentioned and nodded. He was handsome and had a charisma. Minji could understand why those girls squeeled like that.

“His name is Jung Byunghee. He is our general manager. Many women like him. Humm, yes he is handsome and I think he has a kind heart. Actually there are 2 men in this company who gained a lot of attention from all women in this company,” Taehee said.

“2 men?”

“Yes. Jung Byunghee-sshi and Lee Joon-sshi.”

“Lee Joon-sshi?”

“Huh? You don’t know?” Taehee was a little bit surprised. “Mr. Lee is our boss. He is the chairmen in this company.”

“Ah... I think I forgot the name...”

Taehee smiled. “Almost every woman in this company fallen for him. He is also very handsome. However, he is so different with Mr. Jung. He is cold and somehow feels so untouchable. Well, maybe that was his charming point.”

“And who do you like, Ms Kang? Ah, or I should call you Taehee-sshi?” Minji asked her.

 “I already have a husband. I’m 28 old years already.” Taehee giggled to see Minji’s shock expression. Yes, she looked very young in her age. “And because you are younger than me, you can call me Unnie.”

“Thank you, Unnie!” Minji smiled and bowed to her.

“Aish this girl! Leave the formalities!” Taehee smiled again and took her to their work place. Design and planning department was in 5th floor. They went there with a lift and finally Minji arrived at her work place. Taehee guided her to her desk and called the other workers, introduced Minji to them.

Minji was really glad that her co-workers were really friendly and kindhearted. In 30 minutes, she could get close with everyone in that section, except 3 girls who just stared at her coldly. Taehee said Minji shouldn’t mind about them. They were snobbish and a little bit arrogant. Well, they thought they were the prettiest in this company or something. Pathetic, huh?

Today was a great day for Minji. She enjoyed her work and her co-workers really helpful. They taught her many things and support her. She didn’t notice that her work time was already finished. Minji and her new friends left their office room and went to the lobby.

“Woah! Who is that man? He is really handsome!” Yunhye, one of Minji’s new friends, pointed at the guy who was standing close to the main entrance. And they also could see many female workers looked at him, admiring him.

Minji looked at the man that Yunhye’s pointed and she widened her eyes. “Ah... I will go home now. See you tomorrow.”

After bowed politely to her new co-workers, Minji quickly came to her boyfriend and dragged him out. Taehee, Yunhye, and the other were a little bit surprised to see that.

“Is it her boyfriend?” Yunhye asked Taehee.

Taehee shrugged her shoulder. “Maybe.”

“Woah, she was really lucky, huh? He is handsome! And from his outfit... it seems he is a rich guy.” Yunhye said.

Taehee just chuckled. “Stop gossiping. Let’s go home.”

Minji and Seungho were already in their way to Minji’s house. Minji still pouted and Seungho just chuckled to see that. “Don’t come to my office again!” Minji repeated her words again.

“I just want to make sure you get home safely. I don’t want you to take a public bus or something. It’s not safe.”

“They will start talking about me.” She looked at him and sighed. “One of my new friend said you are handsome.”

Seungho took a glance at her for a moment and smiled. “Are you jealous?”

“No!” She quickly shook her head.

“I see... You don’t want me to come to your office so your friends can’t snatch me from you...” He . “My girlfriend is jealous, hum...?”

She pouted and looked away. Seungho stopped his car in the sideway and used his thumb to make her face him. She still didn’t want to look at his eyes and it made Seungho chuckled. “Are you angry with me?”

“I’m not angry...” She finally said.

“Then?”

She held his hand that touched her face and looked at him with her puppy eyes. “Just don’t come to my office again, okay? If you want to pick me up, just wait outside the building.”

“Ah... why I didn’t think about this earlier.” Seungho looked at her in a evil way. “If you don’t want to quit your job or marry me... I will come everyday to your office.”

Minji widened her eyes and she looked away. It took for seconds until Seungho saw her tears. Seungho knew her so well. He knew she was the type of person that will cry if she was *kesal*. Seungho sighed and hugged her. “Aigoo... I’m not serious about it, Minji-ah... Don’t cry anymore...”

“You are so mean...” She sobbed.

“I’m sorry, okay?” Seungho kissed the peak of her head and caressed her hairs. “I will wait outside the building next time. Actually, you don’t have to worry, Minji-ah. I’m all yours. It’s me who should be worried... You reject to marry me...”

Minji broke the hug and looked at her boyfriend. She knew her boyfriend was still upset. And she knew that she was too selfish. She bit her lips and caressed Seungho’s cheek. “Give me atleast 6 months. I just want to gain some experience. It’s not like I don’t want to be your wife. I just need some times.”

Seungho weakly smiled and nodded. He kissed her lips gently and caressed her hairs again. “Okay. I will wait until you are ready.”

Minji smiled and hug him tightly. “Thanks, Oppa... I love you so much...”

“Yes, I love you too.” He broke the hug and peck her lips again. “Do you have any plan this night?”

Minji shook her head.

“Good. We can have a date.” Seungho smiled and drove his car again.