Chapter 2/3

Mint and Grenadine

 

 

 

                Sehun woke up feeling really happy. He smiled as he thought about Luhan again. That boy was incredible. Calling him like this the very day after they had met, just to ask him to go to the cinema together. That was literally amazing.

                That had been a – Sehun froze. That had been a date! He’d been on a date with a boy he had met two days before! He closed his eyes and breathed in. What are you doing again, Oh Sehun?, his mother’s voice said reproachfully in his head. But he didn’t listen to her and grinned broadly.

                He just wanted to see Luhan again. To go on other dates with him, to drink colourful cordials, to ask him to take his glasses off, to ask him why he’d come to Korea… He just wanted to see him. But he didn’t dare to call him, although Luhan had called him to go to the cinema. He told himself he would call if Luhan didn’t call in the next three days.

                But Luhan called Sehun again, two days later, to offer him to meet each other somewhere in town. Because I have something to tell you. The joke was over.

                “Sehun?” he said cutely.

                “Oh – Luhan!” Sehun pretended to be a little surprised. (As if he hadn’t heard the ringtone he’d been dying to hear. As if he hadn’t seen the cute picture. As if he hadn’t been waiting night and day for the call.)

                “Do you want – to…meet me – somewhere? Something to tell you,” Luhan said hesitantly. Sehun raised his eyebrows. Luhan must have practised this sentence to.

                “Of course,” he answered. “Park?”

                Luhan laughed. “No, no, Luhan!” he exclaimed. Sehun blushed. Either Luhan really mixed up languages, or he was stupid, or he was joking. He hesitated between the first option and the third one.

                “No…meet at the park,” he rectified. Luhan giggled.

                “In an hour, okay?” he said. “Kiss!”

                Sehun mechanically replied, “Kiss.”

                Okay, now he had to find cool clothes in his cupboard. Was there something joyful there?

                Finally – after at least a hundred changes of mind – Sehun had decided on a pink shirt (okay, that was a bit suggestive, but Luhan would like it), white pants and Converse to imitate Luhan. His own were navy blue – but they were still Converse.

                He ran to the park, a few minutes late because he had taken too  long to choose how he would do his hair. (And he had decided not to do anything, finally.) Luhan was already there, headphones on his ears and dancing a few steps to the sound of the music he was listening to.

                Sehun smiled. The blonde-haired boy wasn’t embarrassed at all to dance in front of everyone in the park. Sehun discreetly walked to him and lightly patted his shoulder, causing him to start. He laughed. Luhan took his headphones off and imitated him. He grinned.

                “Something to tell you,” he said. He would stop acting in no time… Sehun nodded, motioning him to speak. For a second, Luhan felt like not saying anything and keep pretending he didn’t speak Korean, but he had to do it now or he would never do it!

                He cleared his throat. “Em, in fact… I speak fluent Korean and English, and I understand everything,” he said in flawless Korean, with only a very faint accent. Sehun blinked.

                “What…?” he said, puzzled. Luhan got closer to him.

                “Sorry, I made fun of you,” he apologised, biting his lip cutely. The younger boy looked at him for a couple of minutes.

                “You…you let me mime everything and speak weirdly?” he asked, incredulous. Luhan gave him an embarrassed smile in response. “Oh – okay then,” Sehun said. Then he grinned. “At least we can talk normally now!”

                “You’re not mad at me?” Luhan asked. Sehun laughed and shrugged.

                “No. It must have been funny for you, I think. That’s okay,” he answered. He added, “There’s a café nearby. Do you want to have a drink?”

                Luhan giggled and nodded enthusiastically before clinging to Sehun’s arm and smiling at him innocently. The younger boy flushed a bit but he smiled back.

                Luhan ordered his usual mint cordial and Sehun a glass of grenadine, laughing. They drank for a minute before Sehun asked, “So, I bet you’re actually an excellent exchange student.”

                Luhan blushed and smiled bashfully. “I manage,” he replied. He chuckled inwardly. The day they had met, he had been carrying complicated Korean books, but Sehun had noticed nothing. Luhan looked at him, then at the two half-full glasses, then again at Sehun.

                “We should try blending them, don’t you think?” he said mischievously.

                “What, the cordials?” Sehun asked. “Okay.”

                The blonde-haired boy took his glass of mint cordial and poured a little of it in Sehun’s grenadine. (The waiter bringing their orders to other customers looked at them reproachfully.) The blending of the two drinks was weird-coloured.  They smirked at each other.

                “You taste it,” Luhan said. Sehun frowned but chuckled and raised the glass to his lips. He swallowed a little mouthful… And nearly choked on it.

                “Uh – that’s…not very good,” he said. Luhan burst out laughing and tasted the weird beverage too.

                “You’re right, that’s awful,” he said casually after putting the glass back on the table. Then he smirked slyly. “I bet you’re not able to drink the whole of it,” he said in a challenging tone. Sehun pouted and took the glass Luhan was handing him.

                Oh Gosh, indirect kiss!, he thought. He started to drink very fast, trying not to spit the horribly sweet liquid. When he put it back on the table, Luhan grinned at him and clapped a few times.

                “I knew you could do it,” he said with a wink. Sehun chuckled.

                “That was disgusting,” he replied. They laughed like children and left the café a couple of minutes later, Luhan clinging to Sehun’s arm again.

                “You know what?” Sehun said as they walked along the streets. “Hadn’t you made fun of me and been such a kid, we surely wouldn’t be there.”

                Luhan giggled. “Of course, that’s why I love jokes!” he replied.

 

 

~

 

 

                When he saw Sehun had given up wearing colourful clothes since the day he’d worn his pink shirt, Luhan decided to act.

                “What?” the younger boy asked when he caught him judging his dark brown hoodie. Luhan shook his head and grabbed his hand.

                “I’m taking you to the shopping centre. I’m buying you decent clothes.”

                Sehun raised his eyebrows. “I’m good like this, thank you!” he protested. “And there’s no way you’re paying for my clothes!”

                Luhan smirked. “No, you’re not, and yes, I am paying. I have a job, I have money, you know?” he added proudly. Sehun laughed, casually intertwining their fingers in the meantime.

                “If you have money, then why do you live in such a tiny apartment?”

                Luhan stuck his tongue out. “I save my money for other things,” he replied. Sehun snorted. They crossed the road.

                “Yeah,” he said. “Books, clothes, albums and mint cordial! Wow!”

                Luhan tried to glare at him but only ended up laughing at Sehun’s sarcasm.

                “Well, anyway, that’s beside the point,” he continued. “I am buying you clothes.”

                Sehun sighed and gave up. They reached the shopping centre a while later, and Luhan looked around like a general gazing at a battle field before the war started. He narrowed his eyes and nodded to himself.

                “Okay, I’ll show you my favourite stores. I’m sure we’ll find something for you.”

                Sehun let the blonde-haired boy lead him by the hand to a shop with a big red sign. New Yorker, he read. “American clothes?” he asked.

                “No, German,” Luhan corrected him with a smile as they entered. Sehun wondered why a German shop in Korea had an English name. Luhan glanced around quickly, walked Sehun to different areas of the store, grabbing shirts, sweaters and jeans here and there, looking at them, touching the fabric, putting them against Sehun…

                A few minutes later, he handed at least a hundred of clothes to Sehun. “First, take that, I’ll just fetch a couple more.”

                “What?!” Sehun exclaimed. “I can’t try on all these!”

                “Of course you can,” Luhan retorted. “Now go to a changing room and wear this… (He grabbed the sleeve of a shirt in the middle of the pile of clothes Sehun was carrying.) And this. (He pointed at a pair of jeans.) Come on!”

                Sehun sighed and dragged himself to a changing room. He looked at the shirt Luhan had told him to try on. It was white with thin navy blue and light brown stripes. He took his own shirt off  and put the striped one on. He couldn’t help smiling. It looked good.

                He just had the time to slip into the pants before Luhan came back with a few more clothes. “Ah, it looks quite good,” the blonde-haired boy said, eyeing Sehun from head to foot with a little smile. “Turn around.”

                Sehun blushed and complied. Luhan smiled at him for a few seconds more then nearly undressed him and gave him other clothes abruptly. “Try that!” he said enthusiastically. He was even worse than a shop assistant. But he was cuter.

                Sehun pulled on a yellow shirt with a green monster wearing a tie, pink glasses and the word “BÄHHH!” written in big black letters. He laughed but Luhan shook his head. “A little too cute for you,” he said, taking the shirt back from Sehun.

                “I’m cute!” Sehun retorted, crossing his arms in front of his bare chest. Luhan giggled.

                Next came about twenty different shirts, a dozen of sweaters and several pairs of jeans. (And even shorts, but Sehun refused categorically  to wear them again, even if Luhan liked them.)

                Sehun had to admit that most of the clothes Luhan had picked were nice and suited him perfectly. His favourite item was a loose sweater which was white with apple green sleeves and a big pocket on the stomach. It was comfortable and really fitted him.

                 “Which ones do I buy?” he asked to Luhan. Even after having eliminated half the clothes he’d tried, there still were a lot of them. Luhan smiled.

                 “First, you don’t pay – I do. And you can take them all.”

                Sehun stared at him for a couple of seconds. “Are you insane? It will cost you an arm and a leg!” he exclaimed. Luhan kept smiling. “I feel like a spoiled kid…” Sehun muttered. Luhan took  the clothes and paid for all of them. It cost a price Sehun didn’t even dare to read.

                They went out of the New Yorker store, and Luhan beamed at him. “I’m glad I found you a few good clothes!” he said. “Um…where are we going next?...”

                Sehun froze. “What? But I’ve got enough – ”

                Luhan cut him, “I said, where are we going next?” He thought for a few seconds. “Gap, and then Abercrombie & Fitch, okay?”

                Sehun nodded weakly, astonished.

                Although Luhan had initially told himself he would only buy clothes for the younger boy, he couldn’t help trying a few things. He purposefully went in the same changing room as Sehun, causing said boy’s cheeks to stay crimson for at least half an hour.

                Finally, he bought Sehun two shirts more, three pairs of jeans (amongst which was an orange one Sehun promised himself he would never wear) and a jacket, plus a pair of shoes. And a sweater for himself.

                When he decided it was fine and that Sehun would at last be able to dress properly, it was eight o’clock. “Shame, it’s a bit late, I would’ve liked to take you to the underwear…”

                “No way!” Sehun exclaimed, blushing furiously and earning a loud laugh from the blonde-haired boy.

                They left the shopping centre and went back home together, this time going to Sehun’s house first. “Well, thank you again…you’re wonderful,” Sehun said shyly. Luhan smiled at him.

                “No, that’s nothing, really,” he replied. “I had fun with you.”

                “So did I,” Sehun grinned. Luhan looked at him for couple of minutes and then bent towards him, cupped his face and kissed him passionately. Sehun’s heart stopped beating. But without noticing, he wrapped his arms around Luhan’s waist and pulled him closer.

                They seemed to stand there for a beautiful eternity before parting gently. “Oh my Gosh, I love you,” Sehun said. Luhan giggled and hugged him.

                “I love you,” he said. They smiled at each other then he the dark-haired boy’s cheek and whispered, “Goodnight.”

                Sehun nodded. “Kiss,” he said, and Luhan laughed.

                “Kiss,” he replied, putting two fingers on his lips then on Sehun’s. He waved at the younger boy and walked away in the night.

                Sehun watched him go away then picked his bags up off the ground and stepped in his house. As he was exhausted, he went straight to bed (after texting Luhan a little heart). His eyes were closing but he waited for an answer – which came a few minutes later.

“Love you~

                Sehun smiled and closed his eyes.

 

 


 

 

A/N: This chapter is strange and horribly cute, but I enjoyed writing it ^^

I totally imagined the kissing scene and...it made my heart go doki-doki *^*

I hope you liked it ♥

Oh, and, here's a picture of the shirt with the monster (New Yorker actually exists, and I have got a lot of clothes from this store :D) :

Isn't it cute? xD

Please comment and subscribe, it makes me really happy ^^