Fairy Lights

BangLo Oneshots


 

YongGuk and JunHong spend the night together in a beautiful park.



 

YongGuk stared out the small window in his hotel room at the white lights sparkling across the city. They reminded him of his grandfather; except that these lights were rooted in the earth and he knew his grandfather was somewhere far above him. He sighed as he looked away from the window at the empty room trying to get rid of depressing thoughts. HimChan was out somewhere with JongUp and he knew DaeHyun and YoungJae were definitely off together doing who knew what. That left him…and JunHong.

Being the socially awkward person that he was YongGuk was hesitant to bother the maknae. He knew JunHong probably wanted the company anyway but that still didn’t make it easier for him wrench himself away from his solitary position at the window. He reckoned he almost felt nervous at the thought of being alone with JunHong but that was absolutely ridiculous. There was no reason for that.

There was a knock at the door and it made YongGuk jump only proving to himself that, yes, he was indeed nervous. YongGuk got up from his sentry position at the window and walked over to the door. He did a customary check through the peephole and saw JunHong waiting patiently with a pleasant smile on his face that made the corner of YongGuk’s mouth turn up ever so slightly.

He opened the door to reveal the boy who was now grinning so much that his eyes had disappeared. YongGuk couldn’t help but break into a grin himself and JunHong let himself into the hotel room shutting the door behind him. JunHong asked if YongGuk had been occupied and he assured him that he hadn’t. He had been, but solely with the thoughts of his grandfather and the boy that was currently in front of him.

JunHong plopped down on YongGuk’s bed and looked at him expectantly. YongGuk cast his eyes around but there was nothing they could really amuse themselves with in the bare room.

“Shall we take a walk?” YongGuk proposed to the maknae.

JunHong nodded happily and hopped off the bed. YongGuk pulled two jackets out of the closet and handed the more favourable one to JunHong. He pulled his on as the two of them headed out of the hotel room and into the elevator that would take them to the lobby then out of the building.

“Where are we going, hyung?” JunHong asked YongGuk as they stepped out into the cool night air.

“Where do you want to go?” YongGuk asked.

JunHong shrugged.

“Anywhere I guess…”

They walked until they came upon a small park with white fairy lights strung among the trees.

“Wow…” JunHong said looking up at the dazzling trees.

YongGuk looked at JunHong staring open-mouthed at their surroundings. He could see the lights reflecting in JunHong’s eyes and off his pearly white teeth as he grinned at the sights all around him. He was sure his heart was beating a little faster as he watched JunHong’s face light up but YongGuk quickly shook his head to clear his thoughts.

His heart didn’t have a chance to slow down though because JunHong grabbed his hand and had him running to and fro in the park. YongGuk didn’t mind at all. JunHong hardly ever got a chance to do things like this and it was all the better that he was with him.

They finally stopped at the largest tree in the middle of the park. This one, unlike the others, had different coloured fairy lights whereas all the other trees only had white lights. YongGuk noticed JunHong’s hand was still in his but he made no effort to alert JunHong or remove his hand.

“I’m thirsty,” JunHong panted while still looking around him with that adorable child-like wonder.

“Let’s get some drinks,” YongGuk said, tugging JunHong along to a vendor nearby. YongGuk reluctantly pulled his hand out of JunHong’s to rifle through his wallet and produce the money for the drinks.

“Wait, hyung, can I have a beer too?” JunHong asked, eyeing the bottle that YongGuk was about to get.

“JunHong, you’re –”

“Please, hyung?”

YongGuk shook his head.

“You’re getting water, juice or a soda.”

Please?” JunHong begged. He took hold of YongGuk’s hand and squeezed it. He even made the effort to widen his eyes ever so slightly.

“Fine,” YongGuk muttered, looking away before his heart flew out of his chest. He bought two beers and handed one to JunHong who eagerly put the bottle to his lips.

“Thanks, hyung,” he said, even though his face was slightly twisted as he encountered the taste of the beer for the first time.

YongGuk muttered something about being taken advantage of but JunHong just laughed and took hold of his hand again which was pretty effective in shutting YongGuk up. JunHong downed his beer and looked at YongGuk sheepishly.

“Can I have another one, hyung?”

“No. No way,” YongGuk said firmly.

“But I’m still thirsty,” JunHong complained.

“Then you can have water.”

JunHong pouted then his face brightened.

“Can I have the rest of yours?”

YongGuk glanced sideways at JunHong and rolled his eyes. He knew the maknae wouldn’t give up. He handed JunHong his barely touched beer and watched in amusement as he gulped it down like water. He exhaled in satisfaction and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

YongGuk looked up at the trees and was once again reminded of his grandfather. He knew he was in a better place but still, he missed him. His sad thoughts must have showed on his because JunHong pulled him over to a bench and sat them down.

“Hyung, what is it?”

YongGuk knew JunHong had never had anyone close to him die but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be understanding.

“I’ve been thinking about my grandfather a lot tonight,” YongGuk admitted, looking up at the sky.

He froze when he felt JunHong’s arms wrap around him.

“I’m so sorry, hyung. If you didn’t feel like going out I didn’t mean to force you.”

“No, it’s not like that,” YongGuk said, finally relaxing into the hug, “I feel better when I’m with you.”

“Really?” JunHong asked, pulling back to look at YongGuk.

YongGuk just smiled and nodded because their faces were so close his voice couldn’t function. JunHong grinned his dazzling smile and returned his head to YongGuk’s shoulder.

Suddenly, YongGuk felt a pair of warm lips on his cheek. He blinked when he realized what had just happened.

“Don’t be sad, okay hyung?” JunHong said quietly, “I don’t like it when you’re sad.”

“Don’t worry about me, JunHong. It’s just one of those days. I’ll be okay.”

“Are you sure, hyung?”

YongGuk nodded.

“I feel a lot better being out here with you. Is it okay if we stay a little longer?”

JunHong nodded fervently.

“I want to stay, too.”

YongGuk put his arm around JunHong’s shoulders to keep both of them warm and smiled as the maknae shuffled closer to him. JunHong sighed and rested his head on YongGuk’s shoulder.

Before YongGuk knew it his eyes snapped open and he realized he and JunHong had fallen asleep. JunHong had taken the liberty to put his head in YongGuk's lap and had himself curled up to fit his long body on the bench.

YongGuk gently shook JunHong's shoulder but the maknae just groaned and brushed his hand away.

“JunHong, we need to go back,” YongGuk said as he shook him more.

JunHong groaned again and slowly sat up rubbing his eyes.

“Come on,” YongGuk said, taking his hand and beginning the walk back to the hotel.

JunHong dragged his feet all the way back to the hotel and even fell asleep again in the elevator. When YongGuk got to his room HimChan wasn’t back yet and even if he was he didn’t think that would have stopped JunHong from collapsing onto his bed.

YongGuk carefully pulled off JunHong’s jacket and jeans so that he would be more comfortable when he slept then he pulled the covers over the maknae to keep him warm. He kneeled down next to bed and observed JunHong’s sleeping face. When his eyes reached JunHong’s lips he remembered the kiss and couldn’t help the smile that creeped onto his face.

JunHong had to be the sweetest person he had ever met in his twenty-three years of life.

“Goodnight, JunHong,” he said and gave the maknae a kiss on his forehead.

YongGuk’s face became a little red after he kissed JunHong but as he was about to turn off the lamp he realized he had nothing to be embarrassed about. In the dim light he could see the smile on JunHong’s face and he knew the maknae had enjoyed his goodnight kiss.



 


 

inspired by: http://itsbap.com/image/52469525516 (from YongGuk's instagram)

pic cr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexbarlow