Dolour: Part 2

BangLo Oneshots

Think of this as an alternate ending :)

 

Never assume.


 

It had been a month since the last time YongGuk had turned up home drunk. He stopped drinking for JunHong – not for himself. YongGuk had decided to check in his selfishness and try his best to be happy for the boy. It hurt more than he could ever imagine, having to smile at the girl who had taken his love, but it was worth it to see JunHong smile back at him. Only when YongGuk was alone did he slide down the wall in the bathroom and cry into his hands. He didn’t know how much longer he could do this.

“JunHong?” YongGuk asked as he entered his friend’s room one night.

“What’s up?” JunHong asked. “You went to bed so early last night I didn’t get to ask you about your doctor’s appointment.”

“I’m the same,” YongGuk said. If not worse, he thought to himself.

JunHong’s hopeful face crumpled but YongGuk shrugged.

“There’s something else I need to talk to you about,” YongGuk said cautiously.

JunHong tilted his head to the side and YongGuk almost clutched his chest at how adorable he looked.

“I want to move out,” YongGuk said.

JunHong’s expression went from curious to absolutely confused.

“What? Why?”

“My...my doctor thinks it might be better this way.”

“That doesn’t even make any sense!” JunHong almost shouted. “If you’re sick shouldn’t you be around people in case something happens?”

“I already told you I won’t die, JunHong...”

“How will you moving out make you better? I don’t understand.”

“A change of scenery could be good. I just...I want try it for a while and see how I feel,” YongGuk said, trying to skirt the issue.

“I still don’t – ”

“It’s hard to explain, ok?” YongGuk said, frustrated.

“You know it really hurts when your best friend is lying to you because he wants to get away.”

YongGuk looked away from JunHong and tried his best to hold back the tears in his eyes.

“Let’s go out,” JunHong said all of a sudden.

“What?”

“It’s been forever since we hung out. Let’s just go have some fun.”

“Now?” YongGuk asked.

“Yes. Right now,” JunHong said, standing up. “Let’s go.”

“You know it’s almost midnight, right?” YongGuk asked.

“And you do know there’s such a thing as nightlife right?”

***

They found themselves at a club called The Vault which had a reputation for being one the shadier places in town. Despite this it was a club the two best friends had often visited together or with friends before JunHong started dating Ari.

“Won’t Ari mind if you’re here?” YongGuk asked, trying not to screw up his face at the way the girl’s name felt on his tongue.

JunHong shrugged.

“She trusts me. Plus I’m here with you, not some random girl...”

“Or guy,” YongGuk added.

JunHong raised his eyebrow and YongGuk shrugged.

“You never know...”

JunHong laughed and clapped YongGuk on the back.

“I have a feeling this is going to be a great night, hyung.”

And it was. A couple of hours of violent dancing later YongGuk and JunHong retired to the bar.

“I miss doing this,” JunHong said.

“Well you’ve been busy,” YongGuk said lightly.

“I know hyung. I’m sorry. I got carried away with Ari. Do you forgive me?” JunHong asked, putting a little extra cuteness into his face.

“Of course I do,” YongGuk answered, laughing. It would be impossible to not.

JunHong grinned and wrapped his arms around YongGuk.

“You two have got to be the cutest couple I’ve ever seen,” a voice said from behind the bar. “Free drinks for you guys!”

“We’re not –“ YongGuk was cut short as JunHong kicked him in the shin.

“Thanks!” JunHong said, beaming.

“What can I get you guys?” The bartender asked as he smiled fondly at them.

They ordered drinks and once they had received them YongGuk pulled JunHong out of the bartender’s earshot.

“Why did you let him think we were a couple?” YongGuk asked.

“Free drinks, hyung!” Zelo answered with a laugh.

“But are you ok with him thinking that?” YongGuk pressed.

“It’s no big deal, hyung and you have to admit we make a pretty cute couple.”

YongGuk couldn’t help but gape a little at JunHong’s statement.

“What?” JunHong asked, taking a swig of his beer.

“Nothing, I just...I mean we never talk about stuff like this...”

“Are you blushing?” JunHong asked incredulously.

“No! I’m drinking!” YongGuk shouted defensively.

“You just started!” JunHong yelled back, trying not to crack up at YongGuk’s facial expression.

“Hyung, there’s nothing wrong – wait.” JunHong said suddenly.

“Wh-what?” YongGuk asked cautiously.

“What do you think of the bartender? Do you think he’s cute?” JunHong asked mischievously.

What?”

“Man to man; what do you think?” JunHong continued.

“Well I mean he’s definitely handsome...” YongGuk answered slowly.

“Would you...” JunHong started.

“Would I what?” YongGuk asked suspiciously.

“You know...would you?” JunHong asked, waggling his eyebrows.

“Would I what, JunHong?”

JunHong was the one with a slight blush now and YongGuk knew exactly to what his best friend was alluding.

“Would you?” YongGuk countered.

“He’s cute but he’s not my type,” JunHong answered casually then took another sip of beer.

YongGuk watched JunHong try and fail to meet his eyes. His best friend definitely had something to say.

“This isn’t place to talk, JunHong. Let’s go in the car.”

JunHong hesitated for a split second then nodded. They sat in silence for a good few minutes before JunHong spoke.

“I’m not gay.”

YongGuk stayed silent.

“I’m bi...I think.”

“What’s confusing you?” YongGuk asked.

“Ari. I know for sure I like guys but sometimes I think I like girls too. I’m still trying to figure it out.”

YongGuk nodded.

“You know I don’t care if you’re gay, or bi, or anything else, right? I’ll always love you.”

“Thanks, hyung. I knew you wouldn’t make a big deal out of it but I just wanted you to know. It feels weird keeping anything from you. We tell each other everything.”

“I’m gay,” YongGuk said before he could stop himself.

“I don’t care either, hyung. I still love you.”

YongGuk nodded and looked out the window. He was beginning to feel a bit stifled with JunHong so close and his secret half-out, hanging in the air.

“Is there someone you like?” JunHong asked.

“Yeah...but he doesn’t feel the same way,” YongGuk admitted.

“Is that why you started getting drunk all the time? Because of this guy?”

YongGuk just nodded again and kept his gaze on the parking lot.

“Must be some guy...” JunHong murmured. “Who is he?”

YongGuk immediately opened the car door and headed as quickly as he could back to the club. He could hear JunHong running behind him and shouting his name but there was no way he was turning back. There was no way he was going to confess to JunHong and ruin everything they had been building since they were in diapers.

He felt JunHong’s hand on his shoulder and was roughly turned around.

“I asked you a question,” JunHong said quietly. “Who is he?”

“I’m not going to tell you,” YongGuk hissed. At this point he didn’t care how suspicious he was being. He refused to confess.

Why?”

“It’s none of your business. Let go of me, JunHong.”

“No. This time I’m not backing down. You are going to tell me about whatever crap is stabbing you in the heart every day. I’m tired of hearing you crying at night at not knowing what the hell is wrong! You think you’re protecting me but you’re not! You’re hurting me by keeping secrets from me! Tell me right now, YongGuk. Who broke your heart?”

YongGuk took a deep shuddering breath and looked JunHong in the eyes.

“You.”

JunHong dropped his hand from YongGuk’s shoulder and stared completely shocked at his best friend.

YongGuk passed the frozen JunHong, headed back to the car and sat in the driver’s seat. JunHong joined him in the car and YongGuk numbly started the engine. They rode in silence to their apartment and walked in silence to their rooms. YongGuk closed his door and lay on his bed breathing slowly.

It was over. He had ruined the most important relationship in his life.

***

Sometime before the sun rose YongGuk heard his door open. He knew JunHong was standing there but that didn’t mean he had any idea what to do or say.

“I broke up with Ari.”

YongGuk was dumbfounded.

“Hyung...”

YongGuk switched on his lamp and they both squinted at the sudden assault of light. JunHong moved to the bedside and sat next to YongGuk.

“I thought you were in love with Ari,” JunHong admitted. “I noticed when I started dating her you were never around. When you said you’re gay...I thought you were bluffing. I was upset you wouldn’t just tell me how you felt about her. I was upset you didn’t think I would drop her in a minute if you told me how much you were hurting. I thought...I thought you believed I valued her more than you. And through it all...I was angry you didn’t love me instead.”

YongGuk waited with bated breath for JunHong to continue. JunHong traced random patterns in the sheets until he arrived at YongGuk’s hand and held it.

“When you told me that crap about your heart and I told you I loved you I meant it, YongGuk. I didn’t mean it as just your best friend, I meant it as your best friend who’s in love with you.”

“JunHong...”

“I love you, YongGuk.”

YongGuk was sure he was dreaming or that this was some strange apparition he was seeing as he was almost awake. Not even when he felt JunHong’s lips on his did he believe this was happening for this was a dream he had had countless times.

“YongGuk?” JunHong asked.

“This is a dream,” YongGuk whispered.

JunHong smiled and lay down next to him.

“When you wake up later and see me here you’ll know it’s not,” JunHong whispered back. He turned off the lamp and gave YongGuk a soft kiss on his cheek.

***

YongGuk peeled his eyes open as the sunlight streaming into the room finally woke him. He had had the best and the worst dream last night. He went to roll over when he realized there was someone next to him.

JunHong?” YongGuk whispered disbelievingly.

JunHong slowly opened his eyes and grinned at YongGuk.

“I told you it wasn’t a dream, you idiot.”


 

Even though this ending is a a lot happier I still prefer the other one OTL what dd you guys think? I really want your feedback! I'm thinking there are a lot of silent readers out there but I want to know what you guys honestly think of my writing, what you like, what you don't like and what I could improve (besides writing faster lol). If you're feeling shy and you have tumblr then send me an anon message! I'd really appreciate it ^^ here's my tumblr~

pic cr