CNU (2) Still a surprise

B1A4 Scenarios/Oneshots

So, when you found a little black box this morning on Shinwoo’s night table, you didn’t think much of it. It is until your best friend who slipped her tongue that made you reconsider.

-x-x-x-

“Hey! Want to go for lunch tomorrow?” your best friend excitingly asks you, making you chuckle.

“Sure!” you respond. It’s been a while since you two got together so why not use the opportunity to catch up with here tomorrow?

“I’ll text you the time and place later, got to go now! Bye!” she quickly blurts before hanging up. You laugh – she’s still the some old rushed girl you’ve met three years ago.

When the door to your bedroom opens, you smile as Shinwoo walks up to you, kissing your temple to say hi. “Hi sweetie~”

“Hey” you look up, meeting his smiling eyes. “Shinwoo?”

“Mhm?” he mumbles as he takes a seat on the bed, taking of his shoes and socks to place them aside.

“I’m having lunch with Hyorin tomorrow.”

“Oh, good. You two should catch up” Shinwoo says. With his back turned to you the smirk on his face eludes you.

-x-x-x-

When you wake up the next morning you find the spot next to you empty but hearing the sounds of clanging plates you figure Shinwoo’s already up and making breakfast.

“You’re up early” you say while rubbing your eyes, watching Shinwoo placing a plate on the table.

“Goodmorning” he smiles brightly. Normally Shinwoo isn’t really a morning person so seeing him so wide awake and almost beaming you wonder what’s going on.

After nomming the breakfast he made you took a shower and now you’re getting dressed, getting ready to meet your friend in a little while. Your gaze land on Shinwoo’s nightstand though, a little black box catching your eye. He probably has one of his jewelry stored in it, afraid it’ll get damaged or something. Nodding to your own thoughts you don’t pay too much attention to it seeing you have to hurry.

-x-x-x-

“It’s been too long!” she exclaims while hugging you tightly.

“I know right” you laugh at her excitement.

“So how have you been?” you ask her after you ordered your food.

“I’m good! I’ve been busy with work and sometimes my boss can be a pain, but I love it nonetheless. How have you been? And how’s everything with Shinwoo?”

After you had met Hyorin back then she was the one that introduced you to Shinwoo and even though you didn’t really hit off from the first meeting, something (somehow) happened between you and since a little two years you’re inseparable. Half a year ago you decided to move in together and everything’s working out just fine.

-x-x-x-

“It was so nice seeing you again! We should do this again some time” you smile as you’re hugging your best friend.

“I was so glad Shinwoo told me to meet up with you so he could plan-” her eyes widen at her slip and she quickly adds: “we should! Too bad our work take so much of our time” she pouts.

You stare at her in confusion. Shinwoo told her to meet you? But why would he? “What was that?”

“What?”

“Shinwoo? What has he to do with this?”

“N- nothing” she awkwardly smiles. “I should get going! I’m meeting up with my mom later. Bye ___! We’ll call!” and off she goes, leaving you behind.

What just happened?

It can’t be that – naah. You quickly wave that thought away though you can’t help but think that there’s a possibility the little box and the slip Hyorin just made are connected in a way and Shinwoo is up to something. Sometimes you wonder if that stupid brain of yours his an on and off button because honestly, it can drive you insane with its theories.

-x-x-x-

After lunch with Hyorin you decided to go into town and shop a little before heading home as it was still a little early.

Two hours later you’re standing at your front door, searching your bag for the keys. When you open the door the smell of food reaches your nose and you can’t help but smile. It smells so good. “Shinwoo?” you call out, wondering what he’s doing home. Didn’t he had a meeting to go to or something?

“In the kitchen!” he replies.

Entering the kitchen he welcomes you with a big smile, wearing an apron and swiftly stirring into some pans to prevent the food from boiling or burning. “Hey cutie~”

After you finally convinced and persuaded Shinwoo in letting you help him with dinner you notice a slight change in his behavior. It almost seems like he’s nervous and you can’t help but think about the little black box and the slip Hyorin had made earlier. Could it be that he’s really up to something?

You soon find the answer as Shinwoo nervously starts patting his trousers and blouse to find something in his pockets. “Where is it?” he mumbles, making your eyebrow raise.

“What are you looking for?”

“Hmm?” his eyes shoot wide open. “N- nothing. I’ll be right back.”

Disappearing into the bedroom he appears only a few seconds later, his muscles and face expression more relax and ready to serve you dinner. Curious as you are you excuse yourself, telling Shinwoo you’re cold and you’re going to get a vest from the bedroom.

Closing the door behind you your eyes quickly scan the room until they fall onto Shinwoo’s nightstand – it’s empty. The little box is gone. That’s when you know.

“I thought you’re going to get a vest?” he asks as he’s already pouring something to drink.

“Huh?” Oh right. “Ah, I figured from all the food I’ll get warm eventually.”

-x-x-x-

“It was really good!” you smile as you help Shinwoo clean the table.

“Nah-ah. Go back to your seat” he ushers you out of the kitchen, making you laugh.

Waiting on your chair you play with your hair. You just know he’s up to something, he’s been acting all weird tonight. First of all, he never cooks, so there has to be something he has to tell you or let you know. Secondly, he’s been nervous all evening and you wonder if it has something to do with the fact that he might need to tell you something and thirdly, the little box can’t seem to leave your thoughts alone. You can’t help but feel he’s going to –

When you hear someone clear their throat you look up only to look down again as Shinwoo is kneeling in front of you.

Still surprised you widen your eyes just a bit, listening to his soft voice as he reminisces over how you two met and how he felt when he first saw you. How you two start off the wrong foot though deep down he knew you were one to keep close to him.

Your heart flutters and you can’t help but tear up a little at his sweet words.

“- so ___-ah, will you marry me?”

Even though the question didn’t really came out of the blue, you still gasp and throw your hands around his neck, nodding like a mad woman while whispering soft yes’ into his ear as you feel a tear of happiness leaving your eye.

Even having the slightest idea of going to be proposed doesn’t take the excitement and surprise away from it because no matter how much you prepared yourself for it – eventually all your emotions take over, making it a moment to never forget.