CNU (1) Set up

B1A4 Scenarios/Oneshots

“Jinyoungie~” you whine as you reach out for your phone that’s in Jinyoung’s hand, holding it up high so you can’t reach it. “Give it back, please” you pout as you hang your arms around his neck from behind, almost strangling him enough to make it hard for him to breathe.

“Ya! ____-ah, I can’t breathe” he chokes, flailing his arms around as he does so.

“Good” you sternly say while letting go of him. He rubs his sore neck and shoots you a playful anger glare. “Now give it back!” you reach out again only to lose your balance and fall onto Jinyoung’s lap, making the boy flustered for a moment. You apologetic look up to him, rubbing the back of your neck and smile sheepishly, as if it’s the most common thing that ever happened.

“You could’ve said so if you wanted to cuddle” Jinyoung teases, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you tightly to his chest.

“Let. Go. Of. Me.” you struggle, wriggling your feet and arms in every way but it’s impossible to escape Jinyoung’s tight hold. You hiss and fold your arms, giving up the fight. “You know what? Fine. I’ll give it to you. But you have to do something for me as well” a sly smirk appears on your face.

Jinyoung’s eyebrow raises and for a moment he just looks at you. It’s like he’s trying to tell you to continue but when you open your mouth to finally speak, he interrupts you. “That depends on what” he chuckles. Being your best friend for so long makes him sometimes a little suspicious of you, knowing exactly what you can be capable off.

“I’m home alone tonight and I’m hungry for some pizza so I want you to take me out for pizza tonight! In return I’ll give you the phone number only when you decide to treat me nicely~”

Jinyoung sighs. “Fine.” If that is what it’s going to take to get the number from that cute girlfriend of yours, he’s willing to sacrifice his evening to spend it with his best friend. It almost sounds like he doesn’t like to hang out with you, while in fact he just realizes it’s been quite some time since the last time the two of you hung out together.

“Hey guys” a gloomy looking Shinwoo joins you at table.

“Hey~ where have you been. Lunch time’s almost ov-” Jinyoung starts but stops the minutes he notices his other best friend’s face. “What’s going on?”

“Hmm?” he absentmindedly answers. “Oh, n-nothing.”

You look back and forth from Jinyoung and Shinwoo and when you look at Jinyoung one more time he nudges his head, telling you to leave them alone for a moment.

“I uh- I need to get some books from my locker. I’ll see you in class” and off you go, leaving the two boys alone.

“Spill it” Jinyoung says as he clears the table in front of him so he can rests his elbows on it. “And don’t say there’s nothing going on because your face tells me enough.”

“I don’t know Jinyoung” Shinwoo sighs, folding his arms and lie them down on the table, only to rest his chin on them and close his eyes.

“Is it ____-ah?” Jinyoung guesses.

“How do you- No” he blurts, mentally cursing himself for making a slip like this. He ‘bangs’ his head at his arms and when he looks up to meet Jinyoung’s small smile he sighs. “Is it that obvious?”

“Sorry” Jinyoung shrugs, laughing at his friend’s reaction. “But don’t you think it’s about time you go and talk to her?”

“How? When? She’s always with you” Shinwoo mumbles in frustration, this time avoiding his friend’s eyes.

“She’s not” Jinyoung defends himself but when he gives a close thought to it he figures it’s true. Then again, you’re only with him during school seeing you always have to do chores at home. Suddenly a mischievous smirk tugs on his lips and his frown disappears. “Let me treat you for dinner tonight. Maybe we can figure something out then.”

“Fine, but I really don’t th-”

Jinyoung smiles when he hears the bell ring; saved by the bell. He wasn’t really looking forward to get into a discussion with Shinwoo and when he gathers his stuff he tells him where to be at what time tonight.

All the way to class Jinyoung can’t help but smirk and when he enters the classroom you raise an eyebrow at him. “What’s with you?” you laugh, not sure if you have to find his smirk humorous or creepy.

“Oh, you’ll see.”

~ x ~

Later that day you’re waiting at the fastfood restaurant, wondering what’s keeping Jinyoung. Watching the door your eyes widen when the door opens, revealing a nervous Shinwoo. “S-shinwoo?” you ask, surprised to see him here. “What are you doing here?”

“Jinyoung’s treating me on food” he softly says, too shy to meet your eyes.

“But I’m supposed to eat pizza with him” you reply, still wondering what’s going on.

“Aish, this kid” he sighs, ruffling his hair as he takes a seat opposite from you. In confusion you slightly tilt your head to the side.

“What’s going on?” Feeling a little too self aware right now you don’t know what to do or say.

“Shall we eat first?” Shinwoo suggest, figuring it gives him a little more time to think about what he’s going to say to you.

~ x ~

“Where are we heading?” you ask curiously, feeling more comfortable than an hour ago. Dinner was pretty awkward seeing the both of you didn’t say much. It also made you think about how things got so awkward between the two of you – you can’t imagine something happened that could tense the atmosphere this much.

That comfortable feeling washes away the minute you feel Shinwoo’s warm fingers lacing with yours. “Come, I have something to show you.” You feel your cheeks heat and for a moment you feel confused.

You can’t recall how many times you have held hands with Jinyoung, or Sunwoo. You can’t remember feeling uncomfortable or getting shy at their touches.

Shinwoo leads you through the the park, lighted by the streetlight, giving it a soothing atmosphere as the wind brushes softly through your hair. It’s a pretty warm evening though the breeze makes it a little chilly.

When Shinwoo suddenly comes to a halt you almost bump into him if it wasn’t for him to pull you in front of him and wrap his arms around your waist. A little confused you look down, watching his hands rest awkwardly on your waist, unsure if he’s crossing the line or not. You hesitatingly put your hands on top of his, assuring him it’s fine and feeling his warmth radiating through your skin.

“Look” he softly says and you look up, meeting a beautiful scenery. The moon’s high up in the sky and it reflects on the river in front of you, making the park glow up magically.

“It’s really pretty” you gasp, looking up at Shinwoo to see him sweetly smile and nod.

“You know, I think Jinyoung did this for a reason” he chuckles, making you once again confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Setting us up on this.. date.” At the last word you turn around, tilting your head to a side as if you’re asking for more explanation. “Look ____, I really like you” he takes a pause to sigh and watches down at his feet. “I like you and seeing you being so close to Jinyoung, or even with Sunwoo makes me feel like I’m doing something wrong, while I just really try my best. I understand when you don’t feel the same way, but I just want you to kn-”

His little confession rant, or something that looks like it, gets interrupted when you reach out and stand on your toes, pressing your lips onto his. When you pull back you see a wide eyed Shinwoo watching you, his mouth slightly ajar as he tries to process what just happened. “You’re doing nothing wrong silly” you giggle, punching his chest lightly. “Don’t you know Jinyoung is more like an annoying brother to me than anything else? I though you’d know.”

“I- I.. uh..” Shinwoo stutters, making you chuckle.

“Have you ever thought about me acting this way around you because I was too shy? That I.. kind of like you back – a lot?” You feel your cheeks heat up and in just a second your face is covered with a pink blush. Luckily the darkness around you hides it so you don’t have to worry about that.

“Well, I- no” Shinwoo plainly says, laughing as he does so.


The atmosphere turns a little awkward again, the both of you not knowing what to do or say next. You turn around and place your back against Shinwoo’s chest, snuggling closer to him in the hope he’d wrap his arms around you again as the soft breezes make you shiver. For once he gets the hint and tightly wraps his arms around you, rubbing your arms softly as he notices your goosebumps.

Putting his chin to rest on your shoulder you smile contently, mentally taking a note to thank Jinyoung later – although it’s going to be hard for you to admit that for once he did something selfless.

“I love you ____” he whispers into your ear and pecks your cheek while you continue to be mesmerized by the scenery in front of you, hoping the evening could last a little longer as this moment is just perfect as it is.