The first goodbye

One more day

WOW, FANTASTIC BABY. DANCE, WOOO~ I WANNA DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE, FANTASTIC BABY

I reach out to my phone to stop the alarm that’s ringing without opening my eyes. I have mastered the skill of correctly sliding at the right area of my iphone to off my alarm without looking. That is also one of the reason why I am usually late for practices or recordings and Jiyong hyung, being the person who knows me too well, will always call me to make sure I have woke up. But I don’t have to worry about being late or any calls from Jiyong hyung today because I have no schedule.

That is when a thought strikes me. Why the hell am I still here? I remembered very clearly… before… the accident… the realisation… and I immediately open my eyes and sit up on my bed. I look around, digesting what I see. I am in my room, not a hospital. How can this happen? Was I having a nightmare, was everything that happened just a nightmare? But it seems so real… I took my phone that’s by my side and look at it, ’30th September’. No, I have gone through this day yesterday, or should I say today. What is happening?! Then a message comes in from Jiyong hyung, at 9.30am.

‘Seungri-ah… I know I have asked you many times before but you really couldn’t make it to my party? Not even a while?’

Yes, I remembered getting this message yesterday, or today. Argh whatever, yesterday or today, I did receive this message before and I recall texting hyung back that I cannot make it and told him to have fun at his party. And then… after Jiyong hyung’s message will come my girlfriend’s one so I wait.

‘5…4…3…2…1…’ I countdown to it and sure enough, another message comes in and it’s from my girlfriend. I don’t even have to open the message to read it; I know what it is about. She has sent a text to remind me we are meeting at 7.30pm. I am very sure everything wasn’t a dream at this point. Did my prayer come true? Am I reliving my day again so that I can make things right? I look out of my window and whisper a silent thank you to God.

I know what I am supposed to do. I need to cherish today and make the fullest out of it. First, I texted Jiyong hyung back. If I am still the past Seungri, I would have replied him that I can’t make it. Now, I know my feelings, and I replied ‘I will be there, hyung’ to him.

Second, I need to go see my girlfriend.

___

GIRLFRIEND:

I drove all the way to my girlfriend’s house and unlock the door. She has given me a key to her house once before so I can help to grab something for her and she has forgotten to claim the key back since. Now that I think about it, I am always doing things for her but she has never anything for me. How can I be so blind?

I opened the door and saw her, with another guy, kissing. If it’s the past Seungri, anger would have rise in him and he would have push the guy away from her and punch him. Now, I stand calmly until they have noticed me. Somehow I feel kind of relieve that I caught her in the act, it gives me a better reason to break up with her rather than suddenly dropping the bomb on her saying that I don’t love her at all and that we should break up. Yes, I do feel betrayed, but relieved more. Jiyong hyung was right, she is cheating on me. That is why she sent me that text, to make sure I will only be coming in the evening.

‘Seungri oppa… I can explain!’ my girlfriend started sobbing, using her tears as her weapon on me. How can I be so ignorant to always fall for her trick? Why is it that I have to die to see clearly about everything?

‘Who the hell is he?’ the guy next to her demanded. He must be a victim too.

‘No… what else do you want to explain about? I caught you two kissing, doesn’t that explain enough?’ I said, ignoring that guy’s question.

‘Please… don’t do this…’ my girlfriend started to walk towards me and hugs me. The past Seungri would have soften and given in, he would have forgiven her. But not now, not me.

‘I have come here to break up with you anyway. Let’s not see each other again.’ I grab her hands off me and steps back, leaving distance between us. ‘I don’t love you, and neither do you. It’s better off this way. I think you still have another mess you need to clear’ and I gesture to the guy who’s still standing there, confused. I walk away, without looking back. I could hear a fight between them start but it doesn’t concern me anymore.

I have said my first goodbye.

___

How is it? I really hope I didn't disappoint, especially when you guys are so supportive! I will update the next goodbye soon and it's to Seungri's family ):