Chapter 4. Interviewed

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

The girls that stood in front of her all picked and fussed over their attire, making sure their makeup was perfect. They double checked their lips, their eyes. They picked at their nails and twirled their hair around their fingers.

Mi Cha stared as she watched all of them prance up to the table where the man sat and they leaned in close, making sure they looked good and flirted with him.

He rejected every single one that came up to him and pressed their bust together for cleavage. He dismissed all the ones that drew attention to their legs in their mini skirts. And he made every single one turn around when they walked seductively to sit before him.

She looked ahead of her and saw that the line curved at least twice with girls waiting to be interviewed. She had some time, taking a look at the man conducting the interviews, she stepped out. He looked like he really need a pick-me-up.

She went to the nearby coffee shop that had rejected her application earlier that day and ordered an Americano with a double shot of espresso and a coffee cake. She grabbed the drink and bag before heading back into line.

It had shortened tremendously but there were still a few people ahead of her. She found the owner from a while ago and she caught up to him, "Can I sit at a table while I wait?" She asked.

He gave her a look before looking around, "It's pretty slow. Just make sure you pick a table by the man since you're waiting for an interview with him." He told her.

"Of course." Mi Cha chose to sit at the table closest to him, trying to keep the coffee hot while she waited. She looked at the line again and there were only four people left. And the current girl sitting down wasn't getting very far.

"I've already told you. You need to be able to use word processor, a fax machine, and understand business legal terms in order to get hired." Gwang Soo repeated to the girl in front of him. She had sat cross-legged because if she didn't the pencil skirt she wore would ride up so far and show her underwear.

"But, I can learn! I'm a fast learner." She insisted, her eyes watering. "Just give me a chance, please." She begged.

He shook his head, "We need these basic skills for the secretary in order to start training. So next, please." He said, dismissing her. She clung to the table as she begged and cried for him to give her a chance. He didn't even need a bodyguard to get rid of her, the next girl had already done it for him.

"Hi," She started as she began an elaborate explanation as to why she should get hired, all the while the amount of cleavage she showed grew more and more.

"Stop. Next, please." Gwang Soo said, interrupting her speech and the next girl removed her as well. He looked at the last two girls and let out a sigh of relief. It was almost over, but at the same time, he had not found a replacement. And looking between the last two choices, it didn't seem like he would find another one today.

He gestured for the last girl to sit down as well and she gave the other girl a dirty look as she did so. Turning to Gwang Soo, she put a fake smile on her face and attempted to look like she was a hostile .

"I know you two are the last ones of the day. But seeing as how both of you seem to care about how you're dressed rather than your credentials, I'm afraid I will have to dismiss both of you." He told them directly.

They looked at each other in shock, before glaring. "But I am perfectly capable of doing this job." The one with extremely long legs, in the mini skirt said. She covered up more with a long sleeve dress shirt but it wasn't exactly a good style choice either.

"I am more capable than she is." The other said, her slacks hiding the shape of her legs, but her strapless peplum top, emphasizing her tiny waist compared to her big chest. 

"She has no prior experience working in an office. I do." The legs one said.

"She's lying. I have plenty of experience and I know how to use a fax machine." The chest one said proudly, demeaning the other girl in the process.

"Neither of you bothered to bring your resumes to this interview, so regardless of what you tell me your credentials are, I have no proof so therefore, you can't be hired." Gwang Soo said with fake smile.

Both girls' perfect faces faltered at that moment and they turned and glared at each other. "I told you we forgot something."

"You told me we didn't need resumes for this interview. You said all we had to do was show up." The chesty one spat.

"You said that Joong Ki would conduct the interviews and we would need to seduce him." The legs one remarked.

"First of all, ladies, Joong Ki would never conduct his own interviews for his secretary for that very reason. Now, please leave the both of you so that I can get on with my day and maybe get something to eat." Gwang Soo shooing them off as he pinched the bridge of his nose and rubbed his temples.

"Long day huh?" Mi Cha said, interrupting the peace and quiet he had finally gotten as she looked up from her table.

"Not another one." He said, sighing before turning to look at her. His jaw dropped slightly as he saw her attire was one of a proper girl. "Hi, you're different." He said.

"I am here to apply for a job. The owner of the restaurant told me you were conducting interviews for a secretarial position." Mi Cha replied. "And I can see that you have had no luck and that it has been a long day." She handed him the coffee cake and the Americano. "For you, it has two shots of espresso and I doubt you've eaten anything all day."

"You would be right about that." Gwang Soo said as he took the coffee and gave it a good sniff. It appealed to his tastebuds as the caffeine woke him up. He took a bite of the coffee cake and he groaned slightly. "Never again will I go without eating."

"I feel sorry for you. But if you may, can we begin the interview? I'm sure I can ask the ahjussi to bring you food. I can buy it for you." She offered to him.

"Do you have your resume? I can't do anything unless you have it." Gwang Soo replied to her.

"As it so happens, I've been job hunting today and I have a copy on me." She said, handing it to him as she moved to the seat across from him.

"Very well." Gwang Soo took it and glanced it over, he wasn't having any high hopes. But to his surprise, she had some previous experience in secretarial positions and she volunteered at the library as well. She definitely could work on her own as well as avoid advancing on Joong Ki. "I just have one question." He said.

"Yes." She replied. 

"No matter what your boss looks like, what is proper professional etiquette?" Gwang Soo asked.

"To do the job no matter what happens, it shouldn't matter what my boss looks like." Mi Cha answered.

Gwang Soo smiled at her, that was the answer he had been looking for all day. "Great. Your new boss is Song Joong Ki and you start tomorrow. Report to the offices at 8:00AM sharp. He takes his coffee black with two sugars." He said, going to the counter to pick a takeout order.

"Thank you, samchon." He said as he left the restaurant with a smile on his face.

"Now you have a job." The ahjussi came by the table to say. "Good luck."

Mi Cha smiled at him before it dawned on her.

She got the job.

And her new boss was the notorious Song Joong Ki, acting President of Kiaile Corporation, while he tries on daddy's shoes. 


Author's Note;
Chapter 4 :3 lol.
interviewed and now she's hired lol. woot woot~
Enjoy guys~ ^^