Chapter 23. Wedding Plans

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha sighed before turning to Joong Ki nervously, he waved his hand dismissively and smiled, he didn’t care what she told her a friend, but she knew better. She had to say something to her friend but she wasn’t about to share what she knew. Hwayoung hadn’t bothered to tell her about the clan business so she couldn’t say anything.

“Fine, we realized that we liked each other after he brought me back to work for him.” Mi Cha admitted.

“Mhmm. I already knew he had the hots for you, why else would he come to your doorstep and try to hire you back. But anyway and?” Hwayoung asked her to continue on as she looked up and down at her outfit.

Mi Cha sighed, “You know that I take forever to do laundry.” She gave her best friend another look and she smiled. 

“Yeah, yeah. I remember. So you got some action today huh?” Hwayoung nudged her friend and Mi Cha turned red as a tomato.

“Oh my god I was just joking!” Hwayoung said, her jaw open. “Woo! Way to go, Mi Cha!” She hollered and she didn’t miss the smirk on Joong Ki’s face either.

"Well, anyway, you should know that I was smart and got you a change of clothes.” Hwayoung said, taking out decent work wear from her bag. “I know you prefer longer clothes so I packed them.”

“Thanks for remembering.” Mi Cha said, hugging her friend and smiling. “You’ll come right?” 

“Bish, I better be your frickin maid of honor!” Hwayoung raised her voice at her.

“I know you will be, I promise. We might need to wear purple though.” Mi Cha gave a sidelong glance to Joong Ki. 

“Yeah, yeah we all know his favorite color is purple according to all the gossip magazines.” Hwayoung said. “As long as you get me like a lavender or a nice shade of purple or something.” 

“Well, of course. Because I want some sort of theme color that I have control over.” Mi Cha laughed aloud, “That’s why I want to have some time to plan for myself.” 

“And you will.” Joong Ki said, sending a smile her way.

“I can take a hint.” Hwayoung said, standing up with her bag in hand, “I’ll see you later, whenever you have time for me when you’re not slaving for this guy.” She said, winking and walking out of the office.

“You don’t think that there will be time for you plan?” Joong Ki asked her, walking towards her and sitting them both on the couch.

"We have to work and how will there ever be time to get everything I want?" Mi Cha asked.

"What do you want then?" Heeyoung said, walking into the room.

"Hello, little cousin." Joong Ki greeted her with a knowing look.

"Could have told me the news too, dear cousin." Heeyoung said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Father just decided it a few hours ago. And he announced it without me." He told her.

"Well I'm going to be the flower girl." Heeyoung said authoritatively, looking at Mi Cha.

"Of course you are." Mi Cha said with a smile, "But I haven't decided on the flowers yet. So I’m not even sure what you’ll be throwing."

"Don't lie to me. I know you have your dream wedding planned already. Just tell me all the details and I'll plan it for you." Heeyoung told her, "I'll make sure there's time for you to go dress shopping and pick things for your wedding."

Mi Cha smiled and stood up, "Really? You would do that for me?" She asked her in shock. She didn’t think she would have like a wedding planner of sorts. She had been planning to do everything on her own since she was little.

"You're with my favorite cousin." Heeyoung said proudly, grinning.

"I'm your only cousin." Joong Ki interrupted, still sitting on the couch.

"That's besides the point, but I'll make sure you get the wedding you want." Heeyoung assured her, "So you'll make time to tell me everything that you want?” She asked.

Mi Cha walked up to her, “Of course, of course. Maybe tomorrow later in the afternoon or something.” She suggested.

“Sure. No problem. Just text me.” Heeyoung said. “Joong Ki oppa has the number.” She moved to walk away and Mi Cha attacked her with a hug.

“Eeee!! Thank you so much!” Mi Cha exclaimed.

“It’s not a problem. Just keep Joong Ki oppa happy” Heeyoung said threateningly warning Mi Cha.

“She always does.” Joong Ki said, wrapping his arm possessively around Mi Cha’s waist. He had stood up from the couch and gave Heeyoung a small smile.

“I’ll see you later.” Heeyoung said, waving goodbye and leaving.

Joong Ki let out a sigh as he stood, pulling Mi Cha close to him. “Finally.” He said.

“What?” Mi Cha asked him.

“Some peace and quiet.” Joong Ki answered, kissing the skin between her neck and shoulder lightly. 

“You have a meeting to go to.” Gwang Soo said, walking into the office while knocking.

Joong Ki groaned, moving away from Mi Cha. He was so close to stomping on the ground and throwing a tantrum.

Mi Cha just laughed at him, “Come on, let’s go, we have to attend the meeting. I’m pretty sure it’s about your father’s announcement as well as future announcements and maybe we can actually present the work we did just now.” She told him, hitting his arm lightly.

“Fine.” Joong Ki acquiesced and took her hand as she led them out.

“By the way..” Gwang Soo said, causing them to stop in their tracks and look at him. “I’m best man right?” He asked sheepishly.

Joong Ki grinned, “Of course you are. Who else would my best man be?” He said with a laugh.

“Okay, good. Because I already have a suit picked out for this day.” Gwang Soo said, shooing them towards the meeting.

“You have what?!” Joong Ki shouted after him but Mi Cha had already led him inside the elevator so they could go down to the conference room.


Author's Note;;
BTW I GOT HIRED :) <3
enjoy! :D hehe :3
only two more chapters left ;) 
So "fan service" and then on to posting Jaejoong :)