Chapter 16. Flirty

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha sighed softly to herself as her nerves eased a bit. She was glad that her desk was a bit far from everyone else, they would probably throw a fit if they noticed her face.

She was distracted and her face was probably red. Their hands had touched and she was surprised that his were a bit rough. Not the typical soft hands of a kid born with a silver spoon in his mouth. 

She noticed that he had big hands as well when their fingers brushed against each other. She did know that he liked to keep up his appearance so maybe he got it from lifting weights. He wasn’t that built though, so he didn’t lift that much weight.

She could picture him at the gym, pumping iron, the way his muscles would bulge from the weight. His veins would pop out, he would sweat. She would put good money on him looking really nice shirtless. Hwayoung probably knew what he looked like.

Mi Cha imagined being there when he lifted, catching a glimpse at his body, all sweaty. He had to have strong endurance too, since he didn't lift too heavy. Endurance and stamina was a good thing.

She knew that it would help in bed. She shook her head quickly, going back to the document. This was all Hwayoung's fault. She kept talking about him like he was available.

He was just her boss, that was it, nothing more. "Having fun?” He asked her. 

She looked up at him, felt her face warm and immediately looked down, “No.” She picked up her pen and twirled it in her fingers. He smirked to himself, that was a nice blush on her cheeks.

He reached for her chin and tilted her head up at him, “Are you sure, you were spinning in your chair earlier and now you’re dazing into space. May I ask what you were thinking about?” He said, his voice oozing with charm. 

“Nothing.” She said, looking to the side instead of keeping his gaze. She was worried he could see right through her, as if she was an open book to him.

He grinned, “Anyway, let’s talk about that thing you said before.” He told her, still putting on the charm.

“What thing?” She asked him, he had moved his fingers from her chin but she still looked at him. She noticed he had ed another button and she got a peek at what looked like to be abs. They weren’t as firm as athletes, but she could see the definition there.

Her eyes returned to his after stealing a glance down his shirt, “How it’s none of my business what you do the nights before work.” He said, not missing a beat. He knew that it was futile to try and see anything with her. She covered herself up too much. But her s definitely looked bigger than average. She had to be at least a B, but she would never show it.

“It really is none of your business. Why should you know what I do in my free time?” She challenged him.

“You are now a part of this company, and since Sori knows that you are my secretary. She will try to use anything you do against me, just to get close to me again. So you should inform me of your whereabouts at night so I can have something to say to her.” Joong Ki lied smoothly. He had never really thought about it until that moment. Sori would try to turn her against him, or vice versa, she was wicked like that.

Mi Cha sighed, realizing he had a point, she had upset that Sori girl or whatever just now. She needed to make sure that she didn’t cause any bad publicity for the company, “Fine if you must know. Hwayoung took me to Club Heartbeat last night, she was trying to cheer me up and pushed towards some guys but I just sat at the bar and drank shots. I am almost 100% sure that she carried me home and changed my clothes. That’s it.” She told him. 

He felt relief wash over him and he smiled, she had not show interest in any other man. And he knew of Club Heartbeat, one of the others owned that club, it only held the VIPs and all the socialites of this century. “Very well. Next time you shouldn’t go with just Hwayoung, I can go with you and introduce you to all the people in there.” He told her, before walking back towards his office door.

Mi Cha’s jaw dropped in a daze, but he turned back around and she quickly collected herself. “Yes?” 

“I forgot but what were you wearing last night?” He asked her.

She frowned slightly, “Umm.. I think it was a purple one shoulder mini. I’m not too sure Hwayoung dressed me up too. She acts like I’m her personal Barbie doll.” She scoffed, before getting back to the documents.

“I see. You should bring in this friend of yours.” Joong Ki told her and closed the door to his office. He reached for his phone and called up the number that he had.

“Hello?”

“Yes? To what do I owe the pleasure, Mr. Song Joong Ki?” The man on the other line answered.

“Could you please tell me if a woman in a purple dress with short blonde hair came in two days ago, Junsu? She would have gone with Ryu Hwayoung.” Joong Ki asked him.

“Ahhh, yes she did. Hwayoung was flirting with Zico all night but her friend stayed at the bar with me and Junho.” Junsu answered, “Why?”

“She is going to be mine. Make sure everyone knows.” Joong Ki said.

“Your mate huh?” Junsu asked him, “Sure, sure. No one really looked at her that night anyway, Kim Sori was here.” 

“That woman, she thinks she wants to be with me but she’s out with other men every week.” He shook his head, “Please keep her away from me if you can.” 

“I can try.” Junsu said and he hung up the phone. Joong Ki smirked to himself, no one else was going to touch her.

Joong Ki looked at her and saw her cross her legs slowly. He noticed that she never wore short sleeves, she buttoned her clothes up all the way. Her skirt’s hemline was always past her mid thigh, unlike other girls who only wore skirts that barely covered their butts.

She was too conservative but that purple one shoulder mini must have shown off her legs that night. She had said it wasn’t her choice though, but he would never let her wear something like that again. He was going to take care of that matter later.

She bit her lip as she seemed to come across a difficult problem in the paperwork. He noticed that little beauty mark she had her left cheek when she turned his way slightly. It was the one imperfection that she had, but it complemented her beautifully.

“Staring at her work now?” Heeyoung said, walking into the room. 

“When did you get here? I didn’t even hear you come in.” Joong Ki said in surprise.

“Been here for about a minute or so. But yeah, anyway, you like her, don’t you? That’s why you always fight with her.” Heeyoung said with a smile on her face.

“Yeah, right.” Joong Ki rolled his eyes at her, “What do you want anyway?”

“Nothing. I’m just here to check up on you. Besides, you know that if you didn’t want her you wouldn’t have sent out that memo.” Heeyoung said a matter-of-factly, crossing her arms over her chest.

“What memo?” Joong Ki replied, feigning innocence.

“Yeah right. I got the text from Junsu like 30 seconds ago.” Heeyoung scoffed. 

“Okay, fine. Whatever. I am not sure what I want yet, okay? I just know that no one else can have her. Not until she admits that I’m attractive.” He said, staring at Mi Cha.

“You’re still on that, huh?” Heeyoung said, “Well, I hope she’s the one because you seem to care a lot about what she thinks of you.” She left his office and left him alone to his thoughts.


Author's Note;;
Another update ;) lol. 
I'm writing this one a lot faster :)
Btw, I applied for a job. :o but it's one of those early morning things.
Hopefully I get it. but we shall see~