Secret

No.. Not Again

 

 

They just finished their I'll be back performance. Coming down the stage, the boys looked dead on their feet. They’re swaying all over, sweating like hell, and panting like crazy to get the air that they couldn’t seem to get enough of. The noonas rushed to help them as they congratulated them for their great performance at the same time. The boys really wanted to thank them but couldn’t produce a word as the adrenaline rush still hadn’t left their bodies and they still hadn’t recovered from their oxygen deprivation. They slowly walk to the changing room to get some needed rest.

“That was great guys!” Chansung hears a voice or two, or was it four? congratulating them but he couldn’t really reply as he’s merely focusing on his own breathing, which he doesn’t seem to be in control of at the moment.

 “Ya Chansung-ah, look alive!” He feels a hand clap on his back. It’s not forceful but he finds that he needs to put a hand on the wall to stop himself from falling over. What the hell is wrong with me?

Seeing all eyes on him, albeit slight wheezing he smiles and says, “Oh, Seulong-hyung, thank you. And good luck for yours.” Seulong ruffles the younger boy’s hair and this time Chansung swears he sees black spots appear in his vision and he sways a little. “Hyung~ My hair.” Whines Chansung, distracting Seulong when he see the older boy frown a little.

“It’s not like it’s that pretty anyway. Now go catch up your hyungs and get some rest. You look like you’re in your heartbeat makeup but only worse, you know?”

Finally his vision clears as Chansung replies, “You’re not any better hyung.”

“Alright, I better go know”.

Chansung waits for Seulong to disappear from his sight before he takes a deep breath, only to end up coughing. Hard. Chansung’s hand is on the wall for support as he thumps his chest lightly with his other hand. “No…”Cough. “Not again…” Cough cough.

 

“Congrats guys.”, “Good job!”, “Well done!” Could be heard throughout the room.

It’s just a simple two words but mean so much to the boys making them all suddenly realize that they hadn’t congratulated each other yet. Together, they get in a circle, hand on hand and wait for the words… which don’t come.

Looking at each other, and in synch all of them ask, “Where’s Chansung?” 

Taecyeon looks over at Junho who gives the older boy an I don’t know expression.

“Last I saw him he was talking with Seulong-hyung. Maybe he’s wandering around for food again. Nevermind, I’ll go look for him.” Grabbing a bottle of water, Junho walks back to the last place he remembers seeing their maknae.

What he finds is not exactly what he expected. He sees Chansung bending over, bracing himself with a hand against the wall and coughing his lungs out, looking like he’s about to fall over any second now. Junho starts to worry as he rushes over to the younger boy. “CHANSUNG!”

Hearing his name being called he forces himself to calm down, taking a nice deep breath of air. Thank god it’s finally working. Chansung didn’t want anyone to know, especially s. They would worry, or worse, they might think he was weak.

Forcing himself to stand up straight he looks up at Junho, who’s already by his side holding his arm.

“Chansung-ah, what happened? Are you okay? Oh my god you look really pale. Do you need to sit down, do you want me to call a doctor…”

Chansung didn’t want to see Junho panicking like this. “Junho. Junho, listen to me. JUNHO!”

Finally registering Chansung’s call, Junho stops and looks up at the taller boy.

“I’m sorry for snapping at you. But you’re getting panicky and I don’t want you to be like that. Look, it’s okay, I’m fine now. There’s nothing wrong with me.”

“But… but…”

“It’s nothing. It’s just a cough.”

Junho’s getting a little angry because the maknae is denying things and Junho can’t seem to forget the bent over figure of Chansung from before. Chansung’s words are making him even more concerned and Junho still wants to know the truth.

 “‘No. Not again.’ What’s that suppose to mean then?” Junho feels satisfaction when he sees Chansung flinch and step back a little. Sorry Channie but I need to know the truth.

“You heard that?” Chansung murmurs quietly.

“What Chan?” Let’s see how long you want to hide this. I’m doing this for your own good Chansung.

“No… Nothing Junho. Just please don’t tell the other hyungs what happened.” Wrong move.

“Why?”                                                                                                                                                           
“Just.. just.. just please help me on this? Okay?”

 

Junho feels guilty for causing Chansung distress again and he lets it slide for now, but not before he promises, “Alright, I don’t know what happened and I won’t force you to tell me now. But I’ll be watching you. We’re brothers Chan, we’re all brothers and we care about you. What if you were in my place seeing me like that, wouldn’t you want to now what happened?”

“Junho...”                                                                                                                                                          
“Never mind, just tell us when you’re ready and if this happens again don’t suffer on your own, what are brothers for huh?”

“I’m sorry” Even if he is sorry Chansung still can’t tell Junho what happened because he didn’t want him to worry.

“It’s fine I know you got your reasons. Come on, we need you in there. We’re all just surprised when no one said ‘Don’t’.”

Seeing Junho’s eye smile back on his face Chansung starts smiling, all distress gone as he’s following Junho back to the dressing room.

“Yah Chansung, where did you go?” Wooyoung asks.

“I… I was emm...” Chansung stutters, he didn’t know what to say and lying isn’t an option since he’s the worst liar among all of them.

“I spotted him eating and immediately dragged him here.” Chansung gives Junho a thankful look.

“Ah~ Why didn’t you call me too. I’m hungry...” Nichkhun whines playfully.

“Kay, sorry hyung.. if I called you then there wouldn’t be enough for me right?”

Taec’s getting impatient. “Come on guys. Let’s do this”

don’t.stop.cant.stop.2pm.go!”.

Is it me or chansung looks really pale... Junsu wonders to himself.

 

 

_____________________________________

lol.. lame.. ok maybe many of you have read this before..

but hey, im bored and got nothing to do at home right now.. 4 months of break will do that to you.. so yeah that's about it..

anyway, thanks for reading^^

and comments are <3<3<3