Chicken Wars

Dancing Forever
ckIzqO6.jpg
dancing forever
hope you liked the chapter~
chicken wars
scroll down to view more

We all sit around the dinner table, all of us packed together and fighting about what to order for dinner. Jongin and a few others wanted fried chicken, Han and Zitao wanted Chinese food, while the others wanted pizza. The real question is who was going to pay for all of this? I mean, twelve still growing men could eat a lot.

Yifan asked it though with wide eyes. “Who’s going to pay for it?”

Everyone stops talking and a few turn their heads to the boy in glasses.

“No,” He says firmly.

“But Joonmyun,” Jongdae whines. “You have more money than all of us.”

“Tough ,” He responds.

Jongdae rolls his eyes and throws what looked like a pencil. “Don’t be a .”

”Oh I’m being the ? Says the one who ditched me to hang out with your idiot friends,” Joonmyun scoffs. Jongdae glares at him.

”We’ll talk about this later,” He growls.

Jongin clears his throat and we all turn our hands towards him. He was grinning and had his phone in one hand. “Well while you two ladies were having a cat fight, I went ahead and ordered fried chicken.”

Some of us groan and others, specifically me, roll our eyes. Who does he think he is ordering food for us? Though, I’m glad it ended all the fighting. But the real question still hung in the air.

”Well I’m not paying for it. Jongin can since he’s the one that ordered it,” Joonmyun points out and Jongin freezes, his about to touch the seat.

”Wait what?” He says with wide eyes, still hovering over the seat.

”That’s right,” Joonmyun says. Beside Jongin, Sehun is laughing so hard no sound came out. He also claps like a seal while pointing fingers at his friend.

”But I don’t have money,” Jongin whispers.

”As Joonmyun says, tough ,” Jongdae laughs.

”How many buckets did you order?” I ask him. He stares at me, as if trying to remember the order he had made.

”Three, I think,” He replies.

”So then that’s around 30,800 won, Jongin. I’m sure you have that much,” A soft voice says. We all turn our heads to a chubby cheeked man who sat next to Han. Han, who notices the attention directed at the man, glares at all of us. So this must be Minseok, I think. We’ve met a few times but Han would always pull him away.

”He’s so cute,” Yifan thinks out loud and Han’s glare is now specifically directed towards him. I chuckle inwardly at Yifan scared face.

”Stay in your lane,” Han spits and then throws a warning stare to the rest of us. Everyone visibly shrinks back but the wide eyed man from earlier. He narrows his eyes and stares at Han with an emotionless face. The tension in the air releases though when a deep voice clears their throat.

”Well I don’t know what’s going on here but I just want to say that there’s a chicken guy at the door,” Their manager says. Everyone relaxes and Han turns his attention back to Minseok. “I paid so don’t worry about it.”

I turn my head to see Jongin’s reaction. He smiles and smacks Sehun in the shoulder.

”Thank you,” Jongin says to our manager. He smiles and nods. He places two plastic bags on the table and the smell of grease fills my nostrils. I’m suddenly very glad that Jongin went ahead and ordered chicken because the thought of my teeth sinking that greasy meat has my mouth watering.

The entire table stares at the bags as our manager comes back into the dining room with plates. He passes them out, careful to not get in the way of the precious food. As soon as the last plate is given, twelve hands grab at the bags. Jongin’s hand grabs the handle first, dragging it over towards himself. He shoves the plastic down and reveals a bucket overflowing with different pieces of meat. Grease soaked it’s paper sides and look as if it were dumped into the frying pan itself.

Sehun’s hand reaches to grab a thigh, but Jongin throws a glare and growls. But when Sehun’s hand doesn’t stop, Jongin bends down and sinks his teeth into the pale flesh. Sehun screams and the bucket of chicken is pulled away by none other than Baekhyun. I decide to stay out of it, not wanting my hand to be bitten by Jongin. Baekhyun digs his fingers into the bucket, pulling a drumstick a thigh.

Across the table, a bucket of chicken was already empty. Yifan has grease on his shirt and Han was feeding Minseok while defending their plates with his free hand. The third bucket of chicken was sitting in the middle of the table though and as my stomach growls in hunger I decide to go for it. I lean forward and my hand almost touches the rim of it before it’s stolen away. My eyes trail towards a giggling Jongdae but his smile falls when Jongin almost slides across the table and wraps his arms around it.

I almost feel the urge to cry because I hadn’t eaten since this morning when I got a bag of chips from a vending machine. It was quite entertaining to see grown men fight over chicken, though. Jongdae pushes Jongin away but Jongin’s arms are strong around the bucket and he yanks from the other’s arms. He crawls back over the table and lands in his seat. Sehun’s hand reaches for it again and this time Jongin doesn’t bite it. On the other of the table, chopsticks come from Baekhyun’s left side and steal the drumstick from Baekhyun’s grasp. I follow the hand and see it’s the wide eyed man.

”That’s mine, Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun yells in a high pitched voice.

Kyungsoo glares at him as he steals back the meat. “Fight me, Baekhyun!” He screams.

The bucket of chicken is pushed away by Baekhyun as Kyungsoo jumps up from his seat and pushes Baekhyun off his seat. I reach for the bucket and this time my fingers grasp it firmly. I pull it over towards me quickly, getting out a thigh and two drumsticks, and then push it out into the warzone once again.

Someone grabs it but I pay no attention to them as my teeth sink into the meat. It was the perfect temperature and I could almost moan at the sound of the crunchy skin between my teeth. I ignore the high pitched that sounds like Baekhyun and instead look at Han who slaps away an approaching hand towards Minseok’s plate.

The chicken seems to be all eaten when three empty and greasy buckets are pushed towards the middle of the table. I glance at our manager who still stands at the entryway, empty plate still in his hands, as he stares at us with wide and scared eyes. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun seem to quiet down as they notice the growing silence in the room.

”I didn’t even get a piece,” Baekhyun whispers and Kyungsoo smacks the back of his head.

”Maybe if you weren’t being such a little you’d have gotten a piece,” Kyungsoo retorts.

”I’m never ordering you guys chicken,” Our manager whispers as he turns on his heel and leaves the dining room.

”Well that was-” Jongdae starts but Sehun finishes.

”Crazy,” He says while rubbing a bite mark on his hand. “I can’t believe you bit me.” He whimpers while glaring at Jongin.

He only shrugs and says “You shouldn’t have gotten in the way of my chicken.”

”That doesn’t mean you bite someone!” He groans.

”Well next time you’ll know.”

Silence hangs over us as we catch our breath. But Joonmyun breaks it by saying “Well, I’m off to go shower.” He stands up and leaves the dining room. Soon after Jongdae stands and follows, wiping his greasy fingers on his jeans. And then one by one they disperse. The sounds of the TV plays and I stand up, walking towards the opening in the wall.

Someone taps me on the shoulder and I whirl around to see Jongin smiling at me. I smile back and wait for him to say something.

”So after school, Sehun and I usually head down to the dance studio and practice. Do you want to come with us?” He asks.

I nod. “Sure! What time do you get out of school?”

Jongin thinks and I can’t believe he was the same person who went crazy over chicken and bit Sehun’s hand. “It really just depends. Do you have a phone? I can text you when we get out and then we can meet at the studio.”

I fish around in my sweatshirt pocket and grasp my phone. I bring it out and we exchange phones. I quickly type my number in and when I’m finished we hand each other’s phones back. I smile at him and he walks past me.

”I’m going to shower and go to bed. See you tomorrow!”

See you tomorrow indeed, I think.