Chapter 1

Reunited ♠


8 years ago...

--

 
     "Choi Minjoo right? Just leave your stuff on the bed and settle in, the doctor will check up on you in a few minutes." the nurse stated with a calm voice. Everyone was in her hospital room, looking down in dissapointment. Minjoo just replied with a slight nod, and then the nurse left. She was nervous. She didn't know what to do. Then silence settled in..
 
Her brother, Junhong broke the silence with "Please listen to the doctors.. don't cause too much trouble. You're only staying for a year and then we'll see each other again before you know it!" he said, trying to sound happy. But deep down, it was obvious that this boy was sad.
"Okay, ophanage manager and Junhong. We'll take good care of Minjoo for this year, don't worry too much. It looks like it's time for you two to leave, so say your goodbyes. Make sure the door is closed after you finish."
 
"Take care, Minjoo.. don't miss me too much.." Junhong sadly said. The owner and him waved goodbye to Minjoo and closed the door.
He miserably whispered "I'm sorry.." and out of the hospital they went.

The owner looked at Junhong to see him with a sad face. "Don't worry.. you did the right thing. It's only one year. She'll be back before you know it.."
He just slowly replied with a lump in his throat, "I hope so..."
 
-Meanwhile in the hospital room..-
 
"Miss, I'll be leaving now. Settle in, get comfy and why don't you get to know some of the kids here? I'm sure you'll find atleast one friend to play with." With that, the nurse left shortly after.
Right after the nurse left, Minjoo let it all out and started to cry. "Junhong-ah.. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?.. I'm shy... and it's hard ... to make friends.."
As young Minjoo was crying, there was a boy watching her. He was watching her the whole time, starting from when she went into the room with the others until now.. His name was Jongup. Although he was never taught well from his parents, he still had a good heart and he knew the no girl should cry. So he slowly made his way with small steps to go comfort her.

When he finally went in front of her, he shyly said, "U-uh.. hey.. I'm Jongup. Moon Jongup. I noticed that you're new and I just w---"
Minjoo interrupted him with a tight hug. "I'm sorry.. j-just stay still and let me hug you.. I feel so alone.. I-I need somebody with me.."

Jongup became speechless, he didn't know what to do. The boy just froze in the spot and let her hug him.
Right there, it was when Jongup finally experienced a hug. His first hug. It was warm and comforting, and he never felt anything like it. It was new to him, but he still liked it. This was the start of a wonderful friendship.

---

A year has passed and it was Minjoo's and Jongup's time to go. Junhong and Minjoo were finally together again as siblings, and Jongup has left to go back to his foster parents. Minjoo never knew why and how Jongup ended in the mental hospital and Jongup hoped she never would know. As time passed by, they slowly forgot about eachother and the memories they had. Everything they had was all gone.
 
---
Minjoo woke up in the morning feeling like P Diddy. Just kidding. She woke up to her brother annoyingly yelling at her to get up. It was the first day of 7th grade. To her, it was just another boring day, being the loser in school with no friends. She slowly climbed out of her bed and went to the washroom to take a nice, warm bath and brush her teeth.
These two would do everything together. All they had was eachother. 
As soon as they finished getting ready, they headed out the door without breakfast. Junhong and Minjoo couldn't afford the utensils for cooking breakfast. According to the two siblings, breakfast was a waste of time.

Junhong and Minjoo had to walk through the park to get to their school. Bunnies were hopping in the green grass, birds were chirping and flying to the trees, and butterflies fluttered around the flowers. Children were laughing and swinging on the swings while their parents would have great conversations. The park reminds them of happiness. But what is happiness? In a long time, neither of them felt happiness.
 

 

As the minutes passed by, they arrived at their school. In the corner of the school, there was the place where  you find out which class you're in. The two made their way to corner, until Minjoo stopped and turned to face her brother. "Junhong.. let's pray to Buddha. Pray to him that we're in the same class so we won't be alone.." 
"Of course.."

---
 
They met up at a nearby tree up on the hill. But they were devastated when Junhong had Mr.Park and she had Mrs.Lee. Great! Another boring year, with no friends, and no happiness.
"That's okay.. we'll meet with eachother at this exact tree, every lunch! We won't be alone for the whole stupid 6 boring hours.." he said, trying to lighten up the mood.