Memory Lane

The Guy in Her Shoes

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlgptqTh6sU <--- just in case you need some tunes to listen to this with xD)

 

 

 

I slightly choked on the tea and coughed.

"She what?"

"Listen, HaRin.. It's pretty hard for us all, but listen. We were in New York for a photo shoot. She was still wearing these high heels when we were walking down a flight of stairs for the shoot.  She fell down and hit her head along the handrail and got a concussion. It was severe, but she managed. The only cost of her recovery was her memory."

"Idiots.. she can't walk in heels for her life," I thought to myself.

"So that's why she didn't remember Key or Taemin!" I told him.

He nodded in response. "Exactly."

"So...why didn't you guys just remind her about us?"

He dragged out a long sigh and scratched the back of his head.

"The doctor said it would be extremely painful for her, in her case, if she starts remembering."

Suddenly, the headache that Miyeong had suddenly caught when Yunhee gave her the banana milk made sense. The banana milk must have triggered a memory of some sort.

"So how is she supposed to remember all of this? Taemin and Key and Kai and Korea?"

"Well.. she could remember on her own. It will cause pain, but if she takes it really slow the doctor said it wouldn't be a problem. We should give her some time."

"Wait.. then how does she remember you all? Zelo, Yunhee, her life in America and her career? How does she remember me?"

"During her coma, we would visit her and talk to her frequently about what would go on, as if she was never in a coma at all. We would talk about memories we had with her individually. When she woke up, she remembered everything we would talk to her about as if she really never had been in a coma. The doctor explained that while we talked to her about memories and such, in her mind, it would replay and try to grasp more of the memory. Since she was still in a state of coma at that time, to remember the memories didn't hurt her. And since we didn't talk to her about her life here she doesn't remember much about it except for the fact that she lived here and had an unnie that loved her very much. You, Ha Rin. I didn't talk to her about Key or Taemin or Kai because I didn't know them well enough to tell her about what she went through with them."

He looked up to me from his flashback and ran his hands through his entangled hair.

"It's a pretty bad thing because of the fact that she can't remember of her childhood here, but honestly, Ha Rin, I see at as sort of a good thing. She has a clear mind. An innocent mind. She doesn't remember about our parents. She doesn't remember about what we did. What I did."

I looked at him in the eye and furrowed my brow.

"Wait..we? You?"

 

"We used to do very..bad things Ha Rin. But please don't try and remember that."

He put his hand on my knee and gave me a small, quick, sad smile.

"It's all in the past. We managed through."

I shifted a little uncomfortably in my seat.

What had Ha Rin been hiding?

"What bad things?" I asked confused.

"Ha Rin.." he said trying to brush it off.

"No Jongup, I want to know."

"Ha Rin... Please.. It's for your own good."

I stared at him sternly until he sighed and leaned into his knees.

"We.... " he started off.

"I..." he corrected himself.

"Was a part of something very bad. I'm ashamed of it."

I offered a hand for him to take as he took a deep breath.

"When I was younger..well... my parents Ha Rin.. you might not remember them. Let me see... I was still pretty young when my father left.. You see.. my mom had cheated on my father with a gang leader's best friend, Bang Nobu. He was horrifyingly sick and twisted, but it's like they say, "The thing you hate most is the thing you'll have home." Lee Sangyeon was never worthy of the title 'mother'. She always left me and Miyeong home, locked in the attic, and when she WAS home, she would beat us. She never took her meds for her ing split personalities."

I could start to feel his hands trembling as he continued.

"One day my dad came home from work and guess who he found? Bang Nobu and Lee Sangyeon getting it on in the living room. My dad left after that and never came back."

I could hear him choking back a sob as he made an attempt to cry out a cold, stiffled laugh.

"Heck, he didn't even try to take us with him, so he's just as guilty as her," he said.

"My mom was never home either. I mean she was barely home, but after that, she didn't even bother to beat us. She took all of the family's fortune and she had left with her new lover. Miyeong and I had nothing.. So.. I eventually had to take things into my own hands. I was desperate... I joined a gang called BulHaeng. They weren't bad. The house we had was pretty big and thankfully it was already bought, so I didn't need to worry about having a roof over our head. It was still a gang and I obvioulsy still had to run errands for them, but it was enough to put food on the table and save a little of our own money. They even had a soft spot for Miyeong. To her, they were just friends of our parents coming to take care of us. What I didn't know, was that the gang I had joined, was rivals with the one Bang Nobu was a part of, 4th Street. It was a pretty dangerous situation for us. There were fights that would break out and it wasn't a pleasant situation to be in. There was always talk of an old conflict between the rivals. Apparently, a few years before, your aunt, Choi Minah, had married 4th street's leader, Kim Junshin. It was extremley forbidden since your deceased uncle, your aunt's brother, was a part of BulHaeng some time ago. Everyone knew that Kim Junshin was engaged to a woman, but when someone finally broke out and revealed that your aunt and uncle were siblings, they decleared the love forbidden and taboo. Many people spoke of rioting and getting revenge on Minah and Junshin for betrayl.. Your mom and Minah were so close. They loved each other so much. Your parent's were hard working, but poor. They were such kind people, Ha Rin.."

He stopped for a second and was able to look up at me, with tears streaming down his face.

 

"Jongup... What did they do?" I said, my vision getting clouded.

 

 

"They killed your parents, Ha Rin..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Want me to continue? Okay!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I slightly gasped as the threatening tear finally slipped its way down my cheek.

"But that's impossible... They died in a car accident."

 

"They didn't..sort of... When 4th street came to pay a visit to your parents they lit a fire underneath their car and while they went out driving, the car became overheated and exploded."

I couldn't take it.

I've been lied to all this time.

I started sobbing.

I felt a strong ache of pain in my stomach and a thick knot of anguish climbing up my throat.

"Why?! They were innocent people, Jongup! Just because my mom and Minah were close.. it has nothing to do with it!" I managed to choke out.

"Ha Rin there's another side to it as well. As revenge. On Junshin's and Minah's second anniversary, he was diagnosed with lung cancer and died shortly afterwards. In his last will, he gave all his money and belongings to her. She became hysteric and left to America. When she left the country, Junshin's followers thought that she only married him because she wanted all his wealth. So Nobu, being his best friend, decided to take over the whole thing and avenge him. His target was to make her pay. Since it was all suspicious. Remember how she died? Yeah. She commited suicide. Like I said, she went into hysteria. Your aunt never loved anything more than him. He was her everything."

I never really knew my aunt was married.

I knew she had been ina relationship with someone, but could never actually think she was once married.

"So why did you say 'we' in the beginning?" I said trying to speak correctly.

His face darkened a little.

"You were part of ByunHaeng as well, Ha Rin."

I furrowed my brows.

My sister... in a gang?

"When you found out your parents had died, you found me on the street, looking for information. You were exposed to the world more and somehow figured out that your parents had been murdered. I obviously couldn't tell you no. We were in the same school and had known about me. I had told you before and you decided to join BulHaeng. You got in, but with a small price. Your main goal was to get close with Nobu's son, Bang Yongguk. It took some time, but he eventually grew a soft spot for you. Your goal was to make him fall for you. And you did. It hurt a lot, Ha Rin. I-I liked you a lot back then and couldn't manage the sight of you being with that douche. As soon as you turned 16, we were able to set up a plan to capture Yongguk in a trap and have police arrest him for many crimes, enough to make him stay there for the rest of his days. Since 4th street had gone without money due to the unmanaged system they had between themselves, they couldn't pay for the bail. Your work was complete and we had no other buisness to do with the gang. We were able to leave with the help of the leader of 4th street, Shin Hun. A few months after that, we had to leave because of Miyeong's high school scholarship attendance to America. You had your job, school and Taemin to attend to and I suppose it was a comfortable lifestyle," he ended and offered me a warm smile.

"And we never told Taemin and Miyeong to keep them safe.." I said, answering my own question.

He nodded and opened his arms for a hug.

I shifted closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I closed my eyes as I started making a puddle of tears on his shirt.

I could still smell the faint scent of mint tea on the coffee table overpowered by the smell of Jongup's cologne.

Everything hit me so suddenly.

Above it all, he trusted me enough to tell me again.

 

-~*~-

The bright flourescent lights of the hospital made the waiting room seem as if there were a killer keeping his prisinor's to starve inside the four white washed walls.

"Lee Taemin?" a nurse asked from behind her small desk.

I walked over and recieved a visitor's sticker and was motioned to pass through the doors.

I nodded and made my way through.

I wasn't wearing any make up or a wig or a dress.

I was Lee Taemin. Feternal twin of Lee Ha Rin.

Room 105.

I stepped in and saw the seperating curtain pushed back, revealing my sleeping sister.

She still had the cast on and her bruises seemed more visible than before. Her cuts had closed up,but still looked red.

I sat down on her bed and took her hand, covered in needles and tubes.

I pushed her bangs to the side, thinking of what Jongup had told me a few hours before.

"Ha Rin... please be okay," I said.

My sister kept her eyes closed as I felt my own cloud up.

 

 

 

 

-~*~-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh... You thought it was over? Nope.. Ehehehe~ >ㅂ<

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Himchan POV-

"So you let her live?" I asked.

"No! What the hell have I been saying this whole time?! I crashed her damn car into a ditch!" he exclaimed.

"Soo... Why exactly are you pissed off?"

"Because she wasn't supposed to live you idiot. The question is how she survived. You said you saw her with who?"

"She was with two girls. I found their names too. Moon Miyeong and Yoo Yunhee. I have their profiles up on your desk. I also have a copy of them just in case I need to search up some things. "

Another lie. I didn't need one. I knew who Moon Miyeong was.

I knew who Lee Ha Rin was.

"Fine. Leave me, Himchan. You can retire for the rest of this day."

 

"Yes, Yongguk." I left and walked away.

 

 

 

 

 

-~*~-

 

 

Okay now it's over and yes I did that purposely for more suspense 프 ㅡ 프

Now who the hell is Yongguk?

Is he really a bad guy or a good guy in disguise? Even I don't know xD

*blocks cup of coffee being thrown and Maka chops person ㅍㅊㅍ*