Meeting Miyeong/ Hello Ha Rin

The Guy in Her Shoes

 

'My name is Lee Taemin. I don't have anyone in the world but my twin sister. Our parents had just died a few weeks ago. We live with our abusive aunt who runs an orphanage home.'
What else am I supposed to say? I sighed and leaned back in the chair. We had been assigned to write an essay on ourselves, but it looked harder than it sounded. I looked through the rest of the papers that were handed out today and saw the school paper roll out. I took it and looked on the front cover.
 
 
"Yah! Noona! Who is this?" I asked my sister. She looked up from her homework and raised her eyebrows. I showed her while she took it smiling.
 
"The girl right there on my right is my friend Miyeong. The boy next to her is her brother Jongup. They're about three years apart."
 
"Ohh.."
 
I looked at the girl next to my sister and felt a sudden twist in my gut. 'She's really pretty,' I thought to myself.
 
"Noona..Can I meet them one day?"
 
"Sure Minnie... But why the interest all of the sudden, huh?" she said teasing me.
 
"Well.... I never get to meet any of your friends soo... I just decided I might want to meet them..." I said looking down.
 
"Sure Minnie. Whatever you say~ No go back and do your homework!"
 
Dammit.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
"Minnie!~" she said while coming into the room.
 
"Ne noona?" I put my pencil down from the math problem I was working on.
 
"Remember that girl Miyeong and her brother? They're going to join us for a picnic today at the park so get ready!" she said smiling.
 
"But won't she notice we're gone?" I asked referring to our aunt.
 
"Minnie she doesn't even bother to care. Now hurry before we're late."
 
"Alright noona." I said carefully.
 
She left and I went over to my closet to pick something nice out.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
We all sat down on the red and white plaid tablecloth and began to introduce ourselves.
 
"Well I'm Jongup and this is my sister Miyeong. I'm sorry if she doesn't talk much. She's very shy around new people, but once you get to know her she's actually quiet the talker," Jongup explained.
 
I looked over at her, but she quickly turned her head away. I noticed she was wearing black converse and skinny jeans. On top of that she wore a varsity jacket covering her Three Days Grace shirt.
 
"Oh here's your banana milk Minnie." Ha Rin said while handing me the small bottle.
 
"Oh look! It has a new sticker!" I said excitedly as I spotted the small shiny sticker on the side.
 
I took it and watched as Miyeong stared at the bottle contently.
 
"Noona, do we have another one?" I asked.
 
"Aniya. It was the last one we had."
 
I looked down at the bottle then at Miyeong and placed it in her hands.
 
"Here." I said wrapping her hands around the bottle. "Take it."
 
She looked up at me. "But don't you want your sticker?"
 
"Oh....well...you can keep that too."
 
"O-okie.." she said. She carefully ripped off the lid and drank from the bottle. When she was done, she took the sticker off from the side and put it in her pocket.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
"Noona.." I told Ha Rin as we were walking to the orphanage from the picnic.
 
"Ne?" she asked.
 
"I-I think.... I might.. I dunno.." I said trailing off.
 
"You think you might what, Minnie?"
 
"Well... I have these weird feelings in my tummy.. But guess what the weird part is!"
 
"What is it?"
 
"It only happens when I think about Miyeong! Weird right?"
 
"Minnie-ah.. You like her!" she said poking my shoulder.
 
"I like her? But.... wouldn't it be weird if I did?"
 
"Why would it be?"
 
"Well.. we've only met for about 2 hours and from what you've told me she's 10... and I'm 12... Wouldn't it be considered weird if I did like her?"
 
"Aniya... If other people find it weird...Then hell with it! You guys are only 2 years apart. But you can't deny what you feel for her...you would be lying to yourself Minnie."
 
I kept my head down and kept thinking about what Ha Rin had said. When we finally reached the doors to the orphanage. She turned to me and put her hand underneath my chin, forcing me to look up.
 
"She's gonna come by the orphanage in about two days to help out in the library with JongUp so why dont you go meet her up  there? Maybe by that time you'll have something sorted out."
 
She let go of my chin, took her shoes off, opened the door and went inside.
'So much pressure on a kid these days.' I told myself.
I took my shoes off and went inside as well.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
She came in after the two days and I had built up the courage to talk to her and even had planned out how to start a conversation. I was waiting inside my room as I kept practicing what I would say.
 
"Heyy~ So Miyeong right? Such a nice name~ Oh me? Taemin. Lee Taemin. Yea we met a couple of days ago, no? So wanna catch a movie some time?"
I stood up and went over to the mirror.
"Taemin pabo... What are you doing?" I silently muttered to myself.
 
I heard the doors open and close along with some light footsteps. I quickly went over to peek from my door and sure enough I caught a glimpse of dark brown hair make a turn to the library. I looked back into the mirror and quickly ruffled my hair. I slowly and quietly made my way down the hallway and hid in a small slit in the wall.
 
"Now just organize all these books here by genre and alphabetical order and your brother will call you when it's time for you to leave."
 
"Yes, Mrs. Lee."
 
I heard my aunt's footsteps leave the library and slowly made my way in. I looked to the side and saw her. She was kneeling down next to a shelf trying to figure out where to place it. I panicked a little as I tried to go forward. I'm guessing she heard me as she cautiously turned around.
 
"Hello." she said simply.
 
"Uhh... A-Annyeong." I said.
 
She bowed her head slightly and resumed separating the books.
'Think Taemin, think!'
 
"So your JongUp's sister? Miyeong?" I asked while she was organizing the books.
 
'GAHHH! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT TAEMIN?! STUPID STUPID STUPID!' I told myself while mentally face palming.
 
She stopped and turned around to look up at me.
 
"Ne. And you're Ha Rin's twin.....Taemin? Right? Didn't we meet in the picnic? " she asked wonderingly.
 
"Mhm. Yeah, we um.. did."
 
She nodded and picked up a book to place in order.
"Oh, by the way my brother asked if you and Ha Rin could come by our house tomorrow for lunch."
 
"Sure, I'll let my sister know... Actually..Can I ask you something?" I said sitting down next to her.
 
She put down the book and looked back at me again.
 
"Well.. I suppose you're not a complete stranger... so sure."
She sat down criss crossed next to me.
"What's up?"
 
"Why do you always have your bangs covering half your face?"
 
"Yah! Don't be so rude!"
She got up from the floor and started to walk away.
 
I immediately got up and held her back by her wrist.
 
"Who do you think you are?! Huh?! Don't touch me!"
 
She tried to squirm her wrist out of my grasp, but I held on to her tightly.
 
"I just wanted to know why you have your hair always covering your eyes is all."
 
"You'll just probably think I'm emo like the rest of the jerks back in my school," she said still trying to struggle out of my hand.
 
This chick can be quiet a handful than I thought. I pulled her up on my back now and took her outside.
 
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! HELP! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!" she yelled.
 
I carried her to a small park near a ditch where me and Ha Rin would hang out. We were now near my favorite swing underneath a tree and I carefully set her down on it. Before she could react, I put my hand over and my other hand around both her hands.
 
"Look, I just want to talk to you and no I'm not kidnapping you and all I really wanted to know was why you had such long bangs. I would never think of you any different if you told me why and yea we have sorta seen each other, but we never talk and your always so silent and I just wanted to talk to you because I thought you were really sweet and nice." I said trying to catch my breath.
"So can we just talk?" I said.
 
She slowly nodded her head and I finally let go of her. She looked down at first, as if doubting many things but eventually looked around her. The sky, the trees, the flowers, her shoes, then at me.
 
"Well... I just don't.. like my facial appearance" she said and looked down.
 
"You're kidding, right? You're really cute. I bet you would be even more adorable without them covering your eyes." I said looking out.
 
She looked up at me in bewilderment.
"Mwo? Im not cute!" she said pouting.
 
"Yes you are!" I said giggling.
 
I got up in front of the swing I put her in and pushed her bangs to the side. She was taken aback by the sudden action and I could see her blush. Her eyes. They were probably the most beautifulest things I've ever seen. They were dark chocolate brown and her eyelashes were curved upwards softly.
 
"Wow.." was all I could say.
 
She turned around and her bangs covered her eyes yet again.
 
"What's your favorite food?" I asked suddenly.
 
"Mwo? Favorite food? I have many, why?" she asked.
 
"Let's make a deal," I said.
 
"A deal?" she repeated.
 
"Ne. Every time I see you without your bangs in your face I'll make you your favorite foods, but if you don't you'll have to....kiss my cheek! Ne?"
 
She looked at me wide eyed and then burst out laughing. She looked up at me and smiled.
"Alright I'll do it."
 
"Alright. Well since you still have your bangs in your face you have to kiss my cheek now!"
 
"Mwo? We just started the deal! That's not fair!" she said giggling.
 
"Miyeong!" I heard Jongup say in rhe distance. "Time to leave!"
 
I looked back at the small girl in front of me and saw her look down.
 
"Well I need to go now," she said standing up.
 
I nodded my head as she started to make her way to the entrance gates. She stopped for a moment then came running back and hugged me gently.
 
"Bye Taemin-ah. I'll see you tomorrow," she whispered.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
Ha Rin and I thanked Jongup for the meal and made small talk for a couple of minutes.
 
"You know...Miyeong actually made the dessert," he looked next to her and patted her head as she blushed slightly.
 
"Really? It was very delicious Miyeong!" said Ha Rin as she smiled.
 
"Ne! It was really good!" I said joining in.
 
"Gomawo~" she said silently.
 
"Well..umm.. Yeonggie-ah~ Why don't you show Taemin your room or something?"
 
He nodded towards the stairs signaling for her and me to leave him and Ha Rin alone to talk. Miyeong nodded her head and signaled for me to follow her. I quietly looked over at my sister and she also nodded her head. I silently obeyed and followed Miyeong. She walked up the stairs and led me into a hallway. She opened a door to a room and went inside. I waited outside the room for a second, confused on wether or not I should enter the room. She poked her head out of the room and motioned for me to come in.
 
I went inside the blue colored room and looked in awe. Her walls were covered with the most beautifulest drawings I could've ever seen from a 10 year old. She had a corner covered with long mirrors and a medium sized Fender speaker. Her bed was nicely made with a dozen stuffed toys orderly sitting on top of the pillows. She had a nice small desk decorated with small memoirs and cute little desk supplies along with her laptop sitting nicely on the wooden table. She had books and magazines on the shelves above the desk along with some pictures of her and Jongup. I looked next to the desk and saw a skateboard covered with stickers. The one that popped out at me the most was that of a kid doing the ' v(^^)v ' sign.
"Yah! That's the one I gave you right?"
 
"Ne." she responded simply. She grabbed something from behind her pillow and put it behind her back.
 
"Close your eyes and put your hands out," she told me.
I did as she said said and I felt a plastic bottle being put into them.
 
"You can open them now."
 
I did and I saw a small bottle of banana milk with a shiny sticker stuck next to it.
 
"Gomawo!~" I told her. I put the sticker in my pocket and opened the lid to drink it. I sat down on the floor and kept looking around.
 
"So what's it with my sister and your brother?" I asked.
 
"Well you know how they like each other and stuff? I think it has something to do with that."
 
I nodded my head and stared at the board.
 
"You skateboard?"
 
"Yeah. You don't think its weird for me to do that, do you?"
 
"No, course not. Why?"
 
"Well everyone thinks its weird for a girl to act the way I do. Even my parents do too."
 
"Oh... Well I think it's pretty cool."
 
She blushed slightly.
 
"And you have a Fender speaker. Man what I would do for one of them."
 
"You dance too?"
 
"Yeah but I mostly pop. You?"
 
"Same here! Except I tut or dance to anything, J-pop and K-pop being my specialties," she said giggling.
 
"Well I can get some J-pop down if you can teach me?"
 
"Sure, come on." she said leading me over.
 
She put on a song that I immediatly recognized as Senbon Sakura. She taught me the beginning and I immediatly caught on. We kept dancing until we got up to the feet shuffling part. I accidentaly tripped over my foot that had been misplaced in the dance and fell over Miyeong. We both crashed on the floor and looked over at each other. We both started laughing as we realized what had happened. I suddenly became self-conscious and looked at her.
 
"Taemin-ah! Its time to leave!"
 
Thanks noona.
I got up and helped Miyeong up as well.
 
"Well I need to go now. See you tommorow?"
 
"By the park?" she asked.
 
I nodded. "I'll be there," she said smiling.
 
I went down stairs and said my goodbye's to Jongup. We left and made it to the orphanage quietly.
 
"So how was your day with Miyeong?" Ha Rin finally asked.
 
"It was nice. She show me around. We danced. It was fine." I said smiling.
 
"Awww~ you really like her Minnie."
 
I sat down on my part of the bunk bed and reached into my pocket and pulled out the sticker. I smiled to myself as I thought of Miyeong. Ha Rin noona was right. I really did like her. Without taking the back covering off, I took the sticker and placed it carefully next to a picture of my family.
 
"Yeah... I think I do," I told my sister.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
I sat by on the swing as I waited for her. I couldn't help but feel excited as I waited. 'What if she doesn't come? What if she does but forgot how to get here? Well you were carrying her so I'm pretty sure she might not have remembered.'
I suddenly felt a pair of warm soft hands cover both my eyes. I smiled as I realized who those hands belonged to.
 
"And who is this?" I asked.
 
"The girl who's about to get some good kimbap and ramen for not having her bangs in her face."
 
"Oh really?" I said crossing my arms.
 
"Mhm. Close your eyes!" she said.
 
"Alrighty their closed." I said tightning my eyes.
 
I felt her hands leave my face and heard footsteps make their way in front of me.
 
"Okay.... On the count of three open them, ne?" I heard her say.
 
I nodded my head and she started to countdown. As soon as she got to one I immediatly opened my eyes and looked. Her fringes had been cut into blunt bangs, short enough to see her eyes, but long enough to frame her face nicely.
 
"Well yesterday you still had your bangs down so... I get a kiss on the cheek!" I said puffing up one cheek.
 
"Y-yah! That didn't count! I was in my house!" she said pouting.
 
"Still.. We had made a deal" I said smirking.
 
She still pouted, but eventually came close and pecked my cheek softly.
 
"Happy?" she said.
 
"Ne," I said smiling, "now let's get you some ramen and kimbap."
 
-•-
 
We went into the kitchen and she sat down while I took some ingredients out. After some while of making the ramen I went over to make some kimbap, but it looked like it had already been done. I looked over at Miyeong and saw her washing her hands in the other sink. I looked over at the table and saw that it was already set out with the kimbap and drinks.
 
"Did it really take me that long to make the ramen?" I asked.
 
"Yeah it took some time," she said laughing.
 
We sat down and ate until we were finally full.
 
"That was a really nice lunch Taemin~" she said sighing.
 
"What should we do now?" I asked.
 
"Hmm... Well.. I know! There's this nice festival with a carnival and stuff going on a few streets down! We could go if you want," she said.
 
"Yeah lets go!" I said.
 
I grabbed my jacket from my room and we left. She had brought her skateboard so it was easier for her to show me while I walked next her.
 
"The line is pretty long.." she said as she looked to where the games were.
 
"Hey want something to drink while we wait?" I told her.
 
"Sure," she said. She sat down at a nearby bench as I left to go looking for a food stand. When I got back Miyeong wasn't there. Did she leave? I looked around and sure enough I caught a glimpse of her near some trees with a couple of girls. Must've been her friends. I walked over slowly and heard what they were saying.
 
"Hey look! It's Miyeong! Hey what'd you do? Cut your bangs into thinking you would look like a girl? To look cute? Hah! Pathetic." I heard a girl say. She slapped Miyeong across the face. Hard.
 
The rest of the girls joined in agreement as they started cornering her into an alley. I saw Miyeong ready to take them down and I moved forward to go help her, but I saw a guy already make his way in and stop the chicks from jumping Miyeong. He had a black V shirt on and some skinnies. He talked to Miyeong, who was nearly as confused as I was and then kissed her cheek. Oh hell naw! I saw the girls depart and made my way about to slap the hell out of the guy who did that, but it looked like she had already beat me to it. They started discussing and I made my way to them.
"Yah! Who do you think you-"
I stopped suddenly and saw a familiar face smirk at me.
"Kai!" I said smiling.
"Miss me hyung?"
I jumped in on a hug on my dongsaeng in excitement.
"When did you get back?!"
"Yesterday man." he said smiling.
"Ahem! I don't get a hug?" I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw a pair of feline eyes look at me.
"KEY!" I said.
"Come here Minnie!"
He bear hugged the crap outta me, but I didn't seem to mind.
"How was it?"
"IT WAS AMAZING!" Key squealed.
"We went to New York and California and Tejas and-"
 
"Key its called Texas." Kai corrected.
"Whatever. And we bought so many things!"
"Im glad you guys had fun," I said smiling.
 
"And you are?" Key said. I noticed he was looking over at Miyeong who was just smiling confusedly.
 
"Oh! Her name is Miyeong. Moon Miyeong. She's my friend." I said quickly going over to her and handing her one if the drinks I had held on to. "Miyeong these are my friends Kim Jongin, who's a year younger than me and Kim Kibum who's a yer older, but you can call them Kai and Key since they're apparently sticking to their English names. They're cousins by the way."
 
"Annyeong," she said bowing.
 
"Miyeong...why did they do that?" I asked referring to the scratch on her cheek left by the chick that slapped her.
 
"Mehh.. They don't like me because of...me," she said shrugging.
 
"Why?" Key asked suddenly.
 
"Well because I'm a tomboy. I've only had guy friends besides Ha Rin and I don't do what normal girls do."
 
"Tell 'em to off." Key said firmly.
 
"Why do you think they get mad?" she said laughing. "They say 'A lady shouldn't use that kind of language!' But mehh.. Screw it. Imma keep being like this wether they like it or not."
 
"Miyeong.. I think we'll get along just fine." Key said laughing.
 
"Miyeong next time they do something like this though, tell me." I said worried.
 
"Ne..but please don't tell Jongup though."
 
 
"Alright." I said. She stopped and looked at me.
 
"Pinky promise?" she said while extending her pinky.
 
"Pinky promise.." I said while taking it in mine. "Now come on.. Lets see what I can do about that cut."
 
I looked over at it and grabbed a napkin from a nearby food stand and wiped the blood off.
 
"Yah.. You're not still mad are you?" Kai said while poking Miyeong.
 
"You didn't have to do all that just to make them go away," she said.
 
"Well... I'm sorry," he apologized while reaching his hand out.
 
Miyeong smirked at Kai and shook it. "What is this? A drama? Come on let's go to the bumper cars!"
 
"Yeah!" we all said.
 
Kai and Miyeong got ahead of everyone as they raced towards the short waiting line. Key pulled me back a bit.
 
"Minnie-ah," he said hugging me with one arm. "I think we'll all get along just fine," he said in a reassuring smile.
 
 
-~*~-
 
*2 years later*
 
-~*~-
 
It was Miyeong's 12th birthday and I had a small surprise party planned out for her. I had told her to meet me up in the park. She wouldn't suspect a thing since we always hung out there.
 
"Alright. Key you hold onto the balloons, Kai you just yell and I'll hold the cake. Okay?"
 
We hid in the small slit next to the park picnic bench and waited until it was time.
 
I heard light footsteps coming and signaled the rest of the guys to jump out on the count of three.
 
"Surprise!" we yelled.
 
Miyeong attacked Kai to the ground and pulled his arm behind his back.
 
"Yah! What did I do?!" he yelled.
 
"Oh! Crap I'm sorry man." she said while helping him up.
 
"Its no problem," he said slightly rubbing his back.
 
"Happy Birthday!~" we all sang. I set down the cake while Key tied the balloons to the bags of the presents.
 
"Make a wish Miyeong!" Kai said.
She thought for a while and blew them out. Everyone started clapping and eventually got her to open her presents first.
 
"I got you a Comme des down snapback and a new Soul Eater poster," Key chirped.
 
Miyeong took it and thanked him while squealing over the fact that Crona was on the poster .
 
"I got you a new sketchbook and a some new detail pens," Kai said while handing them to her.
 
She smiled as she looked at the pens and colors along with it.
"Gomawo~ I've been looking for new ones like these for some time."
 
"No problem" he said smiling.
 
"I got you a teddy bear and a necklace," I said.
 
I motioned for Miyeong to sit next to me as I pulled out the necklace.
 
"Taemin-ah.. Its really pretty," she said. It was a Yin necklace.
 
"Turn around.. I have Yang.." I fastened the clip so that the necklace would stay on. I took my part of the necklace out and showed her. I brought the two parts together and they stuck to form the Yin and Yang circle.
"So if we're both ever far we'll still have a piece of each other, ne?"
 
She looked up at smiling. "Dude...you're so corny. I love it Tae, thanks." she said hugging me.
 
I heard Key and Kai sniffling in the other side if the table.
 
"That...was so... BEAUTIFUL!" they both said while hugging each other and sobbing it out.
 
"Yah~ Come on! Lets eat some cake!" she said happily.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
Two years had passed by and me and Miyeong were now in her room studying.
 
"Dude...I'm done~" she told me while she was finishing one last problem.
 
I quickly went over it and looked for any mistakes.
 
"Congrats.. No wrong ones so far."
 
"Wooo!~ You know what that means," she said poking me.
 
"Alright, come on let's go." I said chuckling.
 
---later that day---
 
"Why don't you ever call me oppa?" I suddenly asked.
 
"Well... I dunno.. I only call Jongup oppa because he's my real brother. I guess its because its too mainstream you know? Girls find it cute to call any guy there oppa and it honestly gets me on my nerves." she explained.
 
"Ohhh I see," I said.
 
"Okie shh the movie's starting" she whispered.
 
During the movie I had to keep my fear in as the many random monsters came popping up from nowhere. I looked over at Miyeong who was attentively looking at the screen while eating popcorn. I laid my forehead on her shoulder and felt her turn around to look at me and pat my head.
 
"Haha I'll always be here to protect you Taemin." she said giggling.
 
I lifted my head up from her shoulders.
"Yah! It should be the other way around!" I said pouting.
 
"And why should it be?" she asked.
 
"Because I'm older than you!"
 
She laughed. "That's why?"
 
"Ne." I said firmly while crossing my arms.
 
"Whateves... oppa." she said while resting her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her shoulder while she got more comfortable. It made the zombies totally worth it.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
"Miyeong~ Come on.. Ha Rin and Jongup tell us you sing really pretty~ Please? Just one song?~" Key begged.
 
"Will you stop bothering me?"
 
"NE." we all responded.
 
She looked back surprised at our sudden responses.
 
"Alright...but only this once!" she said. She sat on the piano and played some keys before starting. I noticed Key taking his phone out and starting to record her. She sang Ailee's Heaven and played it along with the piano. I have never seen her so focused.. so graceful in her work like this. It's like a whole other person had taken over the Miyeong I knew. When she had finished we were all in shock. Kai looked at me, I looked at Key, Key looked at Kai and we all looked at Miyeong.
 
"What?" she said with a hint of nervousness.
 
"That was.... AMAZING! Miyeong! Why didn't you do this sooner?! You were amazing!"
 
"You were really good dongsaeng!" Kai said as he gave her a thumbs up.
 
"You really were amazing Miyeong" I said smiling.
 
"Gomawo~" she said.
 
"I need to put this on YouTube! And send it to some talent agency or something! Kai come on help me!"
 
"Yah! Be careful with my laptop!" Miyeong said as they invaded it.
 
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
I couldn't help but always think to myself, 'Will I ever confess to Miyeong?'. Ha Rin's been pestering me around with the question for some time, but I still couldn't think of a clear answer. 'What if she only sees us as friends? Dammit. I'll be friend zoned for life. What would I say? What would I do? I just need a start. If I can get that then I can confess.'
 
"Taemin-ah~" she said.
 
We were in our usual hiding place and were eating snacks while she drew and I watched. Guess I wasn't paying much attention now was I?
 
"Ne?" I asked.
 
"We're always going to be best friends right?"
 
'DUDE ITS YOUR FREAKING CHANCE GO MAN GO!'
 
"Umm..No." I said.
 
She stopped drawing and looked at me.
 
"Mwo?" she said confused.
 
"I said we won't always be friends." I said plainly.
 
'FACK SHE'S GONNA TAKE THIS THE OTHER WAY MAN JUST DO IT!'
 
I looked over and could see her confused expression as she stared at her drawing pad.
I took her chin gently in my hand and made her look at me.
 
"I said we won't always be friends because I just might want to be more than that."
 
She became wide eyed at the sudden response and I could see her cheeks turn a slight pink.
"Y-you what?"
 
'DO IT NOW MAN.'
 
"Miyeong.... I've always liked you. Since we first met actually. I was scared to tell you, but now.... I'm sure enough to tell you... I love you."
 
I went closer to her face until we were only centimeters apart. I felt her tense up. I placed my lips on her's and pecked it softly. She was still tense, but slowly relaxed. After a few seconds she backed up a bit and looked down at her sketchbook.
 
"Since we first met?" she said slowly.
 
"Yeah," I said sitting back into the rock.
 
She looked up at me and punched my arm slightly.
 
"Why didn't you tell me before?" she asked. She seemed sad all of the sudden.
 
"Because I was scared. Why? Is everything okay?" I told her.
 
"Taemin... I'm moving to the States. Remember when Key had recorded me singing? They liked it and offered me to go. I don't know when I'll be back. Me and Jongup will be leaving tommorow early in the morning. I don't want to leave." She looked back down again and put her sketchbook back in her bookbag. "I don't want to leave because..... I'll really miss you. And....because I... love you Taemin."
 
I didn't know how to feel. I had just confessed to the girl I had loved for so long, had been friends with for so long, she confessed back and now she was moving away to a foreign place. I looked over at Miyeong and saw a tear start to trickle down her cheek. I couldn't be weak. I had to be strong. For both of our sakes.
 
I took her hand and squeezed it slightly. She looked up at me, tears still streaming down her face. I opened my arms and she switched going to the other side and next to me. She buried her face in my shoulder as she quietly sobbed. I hugged her as comforting and as closely as a person could, until she stopped. I backed up a bit and wiped away some remaining tears. I stood up.
 
"Come on." I extended my arm out for her to take.
She slowly took it and stood up and without a word she followed me. I led her to the tree that was in front of the park and silently motioned her to climb up onto a leaning branch. She did as I said and I followed behind. We both sat down as I pulled out my dad's old pocket knife. I carved out a heart in the branch in front of us and put '사랑해' along with my initials inside. I handed Miyeong the knife, while she chuckled.
"You know that if you probably asked me to do that back when we met I would've probably punched you, right?"
 
"Yea that's why I decided to wait a bit longer." I said as I chuckled slightly at the idea.
 
She carved out a plus sign and her initials nicely below mine and handed the pocket knife back to me. I put it back and looked out. The sky was turning a warm orange color and the sun was setting down beautifully beyond the horizon. I looked down and took my necklace from below my shirt out. I still remember when I had given the other half of the Yin and Yang to Miyeong.
 
"Remember? No matter how far the distance we'll always have each other." I told her as I showed her. She took out her part of the necklace and the pieces slowly got magnetized until they were interlocked with each other.
 
She half smiled as she looked at the connected necklaces.
 
"Miyeong.... This is a once in a life time opportunity..Don't worry. We'll still be able to call each other. And when you come back this will always be here." I said placing a hand on my heart and a hand on the carved out heart.
 
She smiled and hugged me.
 
"You're corny beyond anyone else I know you know that?" she giggled.
 
"I know." I said smiling.
 
"...I love you Taemin-ah. I really do."
 
I felt the warmness from her body and I hugged her back, tightly yet gently. It felt nice knowing that she really meant it.
 
"I love you more Miyeong."
 
I looked into her eyes once more before kissing her again.
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
 
 
 
 
I tugged a bit at the hem of the skirt and looked at my reflection. Key wasn't kidding when he said I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. My wig was long and had blunt bangs just like Ha Rin used to wear her hair. The fake s he had made me wear were just enough to show that they were there. The makeup was done flawlessly and the outfit was perfect. Key came over behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders.
 
"You look perfect. Ready to go?" he said patting and caressing my arms.
 
"Ne." I said
 
"Remember, try and soften your voice a bit. Now come on. They're waiting for us at the hotel."
 
I nodded and we left the house to Key's car. I kept panicking and getting excited, but I was scared to death. Ha Rin had wanted to tell me something about Miyeong a few weeks ago, but never had the chance. It sounded important. 'I hope she's alright' I thought. It was a pretty long drive, but we finally made it there.
 
I inhaled and exhaled loudly.
"You ready?"
I nodded slowly.
"Alright. Let's do this."
He got out of the car and I closed my hand into a fist and silently told myself 'Fighting!' before I got out of the car.
 
Key led the way in and motioned for me to come in. I walked shakily to the front entrance, into the lobby and held my breath. I looked to the side and saw a girl talking to an older guy. She had her skateboard in her hand that had a noticeably shiny sticker of a kid doing the ' v(^^)v ' sign. The older guy stopped talking and told her to look at me. She slightly flipped her fringes to look over and I could see a pair of chocolate brown eyes that I once knew. She quickly ran over to me letting go of all her luggage and hugged me. I could feel my breath hitch and time slow down. She let go of me a bit and looked directly at me, smiling.
 
"Annyeong Miyeong," I said softly.
 
"Hello Ha Rin!" she said cheerfully.
 
 
 
 
-~*~-
 
 
 
 
 
 
*SOBSOBSOB*
ARE YOU GUYS NOT CRYING?!
.....
You heartless children xD
 
Annyeong!^^ IM BACK.
I had finals this past week and I had to study A LOT. BE THANKFUL I AT LEAST HAD THE CONSIDIRATION OF UPDATING.
 
-shot-
 
No, but seriously xD
This chapter took a lot of thinking and I put all my sweat, tears, and blood into this chapter so please do be thankful that I updated^^
I wanted to quit and give up soo many times, but Zelo and Yongguk wouldn't let me... If ya nam' sayin XD
*badummtssss~*
 
-dies-
 
OMFG THOUGH. MIYEONG AND TAEMIN HAVE REUNITED.~
And for all you especially careful readers out there (or if you didn't catch it)
...yes....HA RIN WANTED TO TELL TAEMIN SOMETHING IMPORTANT ABOUT MIYEONG.
 
* dundunDUNNN*
 
But I'll just leave you in suspense for now xD
 
-dodges a brick and goes to a corner and cries-
 
 
 
 
 
 
-~*~-