Going home

Going Home

 

He didn’t know exactly how he had managed to do something so stupid, but Tao had fallen asleep in the cafeteria. Maybe he had been exhausted from the talk with Chanyeol. A cleaning lady woke him up at around 5’o’clock. He looked at his phone. There was 1 new message.

“Hey Tao… Chanyeol came by to talk to me. He explained some things to me and I’m sorry I was so rude and didn’t talk to you today. I didn’t know you felt the same. If I’d known. Things would be very different right now. Maybe you would be here with me. I want to see you but I don’t want to hurt Chanyeol. I wish things were easier. I’ll talk to you soon, I’m so confused right now. XOXO, your Baekkie.”

Tao was devastated. The message sounded like what he imagined dying sounds like. Chanyeol had talked to Baekhyun - but what had he said? And what did Baekhyun mean? He’s confused, alright. But he wanted to see Tao? He’d talk to him soon? Tao knew what to do.

He ran all the way because he knew it and because he could and because his heart would be racing no matter what he did. As he stood before Baekhyun’s door, he felt like there was not enough air in the world. The time it took to catch his breath he spent thinking about his next move. He knocked on the door and waited. It seemed to take forever for Baekhyun to open the door. He had been crying, but he looked gorgeous nonetheless. Tao felt hot, and it was not because of the running.

“Chanyeol was here.” Tao opened.

“Yeah, he uh... he told me that… he explained everything to me…” Baekhyun’s voice was firm, but low.

“Baekhyun, I’m crazy about you. All I need to know is if you feel the same.” Tao sounded demanding, but not angry.

“I do. I really do, it’s just-“

Tao broke him off with a kiss so strong, Baekhyun stumbled backwards and they both landed on the floor.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun I didn’t-“ Tao started, but Baekhyun kissed him before he could finish.

“It’s supposed to be easy, isn’t it. When you love each other.” Baekhyun sounded a little hopeless.

“It is. As a matter of fact, I’m finding it extremely easy right now.” Tao kissed Baekhyun, this time so sensitively and long that Baekhyun had to gasp for air when Tao finally let him go.

“You know, living in China wasn’t easy. And I thought moving to South Korea was going to be hard too. But sometimes you fear things so much, you don’t realize you just have to live and not be afraid and everything will work out.” Tao felt more at peace than he had ever done in China. He felt at home.