Passing time

Going Home

 

Hope and selfishness are bad things. Huang Zitao knows this, and yet as he woke up, he felt a mix of the two. He hoped that Baekhyun liked him. And he hoped that Baekhyun has turned down his best friend because Baekhyun liked Tao. Tao didn’t think he could get any more selfish, and he felt terrible. The thing about being in love is, it’s hard not to feel a bit wonderful too. You think of that person’s face… their beautiful hands, oh god, Baekhyun’s hands… and you feel happy.

Grabbing his phone he saw that he had a new message from Baekhyun.

“Where were you last night? I didn’t see you. I miss you. XOXO”

“I went home early, I think I’ve gotten a bit sick. I wanted to see you too.” He hoped it didn’t sound too much like a lie.

The response came a few minutes later:

“Well I hope you get better. I hope I’ll see you soon.”

Tao threw his phone on the bed. How could he possibly feel like he had any right to go for Baekhyun if Chanyeol had feeling for him too? He had basically stolen Chanyeol’s best friend. It made so much sense that Chanyeol didn’t like him now. Chanyeol was in love with Baekhyun. But… if that was what Chanyeol had told Baekhyun last night, then why all the kisses and hugs from Baekhyun? Did Baekhyun like Tao or was he just being friendly? All these questions and no chance to get an answer. Not until Monday.

Tao decided not to think about it anymore. Or he tried not to. He went out to check out where he could train his martial arts. He used to be pretty good at wushu when he lived in China, but he hadn’t found the time to find somewhere to train since he got to South Korea.

He found a place near his apartment, and spent his Sunday training.