Should just go to sleep

A Challenge

“Hey! Did anyone bring beers?” Yuri shouted from inside the villa, right on her first step in the doorstep, carrying a big loaded for their short vacation.

It should be her third walking from their car to carry their belongings and bringing them inside, along with the other two, Sunny and Hyoyeon.

While Sooyoung is helping Taeyeon to take care their things in the car, making sure that they bring all from their list.

The rest, actually excused themselves to clean and tidy up their room, their respective room, like choosing one they will stay for the nights, and they’re all obviously already clean since Yuri already called the maid before she arrived the day before.

So yeah, by now, they all already must be on the beach, strolling together, along with Hyoyeon’s cousin, Hyomin.

“I do..” Sunny shrugged, giving a smirk when Yuri replied with a big grin.

“I know that I can always lean on you..” she said dramatically.

“And I bring wine..” Hyoyeon said as she passed inside, going through the other two, putting the big container on the kitchen before walking out to get another bag, bags of food.

“Gosh! You guys are awesome!!”

“But we’re still not allowed to drink too much..” Sunny said, following the short photographer.

“What? why?”

Sunny gave another shrugged with a half smirk, chin pointed to the petite woman who just crossed the kitchen, out to their car again “mom said so..”

Yuri frowned “you should just skipped that part..”

“It was the most important rule of us..”

“What? don’t get drunk?” Yuri raised her left brow.

“Drunk never brings something good..”

“Or she just wants us to miss the fun.”

“She keeps us alive, Yul..” Sunny shook her head with a smile “I can’t imagine what would happened to us is she just let us doing whatever we want.” She said “she will make a good mom.”

“And a bad bestfriend.”

“Is she?” Sunny’s brows creased.

Yuri sighed “fine. I get it..” she mumbled “I owe her too much for badmouthing her..”

Sunny giggled “yeah, just make sure that--..”

“Unnie!! You’re going to sleep with me, aren’t you?” Seohyun excitedly smiled as she walks into the kitchen.

“..hmm?” Sunny’s brows creased “finally dumping Hyoyeon for me?”

Seohyun giggled “she is sleeping with her cousin..”

“Ah, you should’ve just keep that for yourself..” Sunny replied “you do know how to ruin the fun..” she added, getting another giggles from the youngest “by the way, where’s the kid?”

“Fany-unnie and Sica-unnie are strolling on the beach, Hyomin-unnie is helping Hyo-unnie, and Yoona-unnie is starting to glue on Sooyoung-unnie..”

“..as expected..” Sunny mumbled “why do I even ask..”

Yuri and Seohyun chuckled “did you all already choose your room?” Yuri asked.

“Yeah..” Seohyun nodded.

“Great!!” Yuri exclaimed with a big grin “now, now, let’s prepare for our night!!”

-----

 

The night comes so fast this time.

They are sure tired and exhausted, either from the housework, a little quarrel about who get what room, but none of them are going to pass a chance like this. A change to relax from their stressful jobs, from the busy city lights, and from the awaiting busy schedules.

In the end, just like always, they could always work things fine. Fine where they always come to a conclusion, no matter if the only people who are giving up are always that person over again, and the one who wins will be them, again.

It was never easy to keep a bond like they has. Not to tight that they’re going to hurt, nor to loose that they could walk away any time.

They were made to fill each another, like a puzzle pieces, they have their own place, their own spot, their own color.. just to complete one big picture. Them.

This is where they could have their time for each other. Something that they need more than anything. Something that they thought should happen more often, not once in a while, more like regularly.

And if there is time where they could build all that trust back, watching over what might they missed in their everyday life. This is one time where they could see if something is not right, or they could enjoy themselves, which they definitely are.

With two big grilled equipment, and a big long table with long chairs on the three other side, it was obvious that four of them are cooking, and the rest are waiting. Tiffany and Sooyoung by the left, Yoona and Seo by the middle, with Hyomin and Jessica by the right.

“Yahh!! You should stop eating, Choi Sooyoung!!” Yuri yelled, as promised, she cooked, barbeque party, along with Hyoyeon who is grilling by her side, and Taeyeon with Sunny who is taking another grill for their barbeque.

Not, Sooyoung was kindly offering herself before, but it was wise to just let the brunette stay on her seat, not in front of the fresh grilled meats.

“What? how could you talk that rude..” Sooyoung’s brows furrowed, forking another piece a meat inside “have you never heard that your costumer shall be your king?”

“And too bad, you’re my bestfriend..” Yuri said sarcastically, pushing the place of meats a little to Sooyoung’s side, placing it right in front of Tiffany “if you’re eating like that, I am sure that we’re going to starve tomorrow..”

Tiffany took a glance at the tanned woman who is by now starting her childish argument with the starving woman, well, despite the already countable meats she has been chewing. Yes, she is still hungry.

Tiffany forked one piece of the mean inside , before shoving one inside Sooyoung’s mouth, successfully getting the tall woman quiet, with a grin.

Yuri glanced at both women before she shook her head with a small smile. Yuri is always that playful, not that good with reading the situation, but always manage to cheer the mood.

By now, the starving woman has been pouring all her skill, doing her best to get Tiffany shoves another meat inside .

Sooyoung was never childish or immature, not always. Sooyoung just loves to quarrel with her bestfriend, a lot, she is that one who is mature enough for her other bestfriend to come for advices, but always this fun to fool around.

And if talking about childish, Yoona might be the master of all.

It was clear that Yoona dislike the closeness between her Sooyoung, and her other bestfriend. Not that Yoona hates one of them, and like the other, but Sooyoung was the longest she has as bestfriend, she used to have Sooyoung’s attention all for herself. Yoona just doesn’t like to share, especially when she knows, and claims that it’s hers.

“..I am cold..” Yoona spoke, despite the thin cover she has around her shoulders, and not so cold night on the beach.

“How about cuddling closer with me?” Sooyoung asked with a sweet smile, reaching out her hand, asking Yoona to join her seat with her and Tiffany.

Yuri glanced over from the grilled lid, having an obvious frowning Yoona on her sight, while Sooyoung is trying her best to persuade the woman, to enjoy what they have now, and Tiffany is mindlessly shoving the meat inside .

“Or you could just come here with me..” Yoona replied, flat and serious.

Sooyoung sighed, turned to Tiffany as she woman face her with a small smile “just go..” she said “I will be okay here..” and Tiffany is considerate enough not to let the childish woman even more jealous, and more than considerate to know that Sooyoung is sitting by her side to prevent her from sitting alone.

“You could move with me..” Sooyoung asked “I am sure she won’t mind..”

Tiffany chuckled “I am not a five year old, Sooyoung..” she said “I could see that your girl there was about to put me on the grilling any time soon..”

“But--..”

“And I don’t want another bug inside my shoes by the next morning..” Tiffany said seriously.

Sooyoung gave a small smile, reaching out her arm to hug the red haired girl before messing Tiffany’s hairs “if you need something, tell me..” she said, glancing on the tanned woman who is obviously trying to keep her eyes on the grilling meats, as she continued “or Yuri..”

“..yeah.. sure..” Tiffany smiled.

“Eat more..” Yuri said, pushing another plate of what seems like another grilled chicken.

Tiffany glanced on her plate, next to Yuri “I still have--..”

“Don’t reject..” Yuri cut “you don’t know how hard I’ve been trying to hide them from Sooyoung..” she said childishly “she is going to get them to Yoona if she saw..” she added “just eat..”

Tiffany gave another chuckle, nodded softly “yeah.. come sit here with me then..” she said “I can’t finish this, you know..”

Yuri’s brows creased, a naughty smile appears after “are you just--..”

“Don’t even push it..” Tiffany cut, threatened.

Yuri grinned, walking close to Tiffany’s side “well, if you persist..”

 

Sooyoung took a seat right beside the sulking girl who is sitting alone since Seo already walked to Hyoyeon’s side, coming with her along a plate of meat “here..” she said “eat..” giving the plate to Yoona.

Yoona pouted “you’re feeding Fany and you just gave me that like this?”

“What?” Sooyoung asked, leaning her face closer to Yoona when the other girl doesn’t even flinch, nor pulling back “would you like me to feed you mouth to mouth then?” she teased.

Yoona inching her face closer, getting used to the close proximity between them, obviously still look pissed, as she whispered “I would like to see you try.”

Sooyoung chuckled softly, leaning to press her lips on Yoona, and Yoona let the brunette doing so before Sooyoung pulled back, giving a sweet smile “please eat?” she said, the kiss seems to lighten Yoona’s mood anyway.

“Are you going to feed me?” Yoona asked, no hint of sarcasm, or pissed tone anymore.

“Like mouth to mouth?” Sooyoung naughtily asked.

“Soo!!” Yoona whined, getting another laugh from her tall bestfriend.

“Fine.. fine..” Sooyoung said, forking a piece of meat before she place it right in front of Yoona’s lips which Yoona gladly wrapped it in . With a smile, a big smile.

Sooyoung shook her head with a smile. Really, how could she be mad at this girl.

 

“Here..” Taeyeon pushed a plate of meat in front of a blonde girl “eat more..” she said.

“You should stop grilling and join me..”

“We won’t eat if I stop grilling..”

“We could take turn..” Jessica said, ready to stand up.

“No..” Taeyeon cut “I’ll finish this first.. besides, I am seriously so full watching you guys eating..” she refused softly, knowing that Jessica seriously hate this kind of work.

“But..”

“It’s okay, just--..”

“I am done eating..” Hyomin said, standing right away before Taeyeon can even refuse “here, let me continue the grilling, and you can eat..” she said, already taking the big clipper from Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon is staring at the new girl, doubt is written all over her face “are you sure?” she asked. Taeyeon is used to take control, making sure that everything is going fine, that everything is working right at place.

She gave a reassuring smile “yeah.. sure.. go eat with her..”

Taeyeon sighed “..okay then..” she gave a smile before she walked closer to the blonde girl.

Taeyeon ruffled Jessica’s hair affectionately, earning a sweet smile from the blonde before she sits by Jessica’s side.

 

Hyomin is standing right beside the short haired blonde, glancing over here and there.

This group of friends is definitely more than friendly to accept a stranger like her. And if she has been questioned her cousin’s word when the blonde said that this is her second home, now, she clearly understand.

They’re all kind and warm.

They’re sure quarrel once in a while, wait, maybe a lot. And it really starts from the simplest things that doesn’t even matter to anyone to the one that could bring them to side.

But here they’re again, and again. In the same place, same home, same circle and same heart.

They are one.

And if there is something Hyomin could learn from this group is that she could see how people can love one another with no words.

Because really if they’re staying with each other too long to be oblivious about things, there is exactly something that other people can manage to understand.

A bystander where she is just watching..

Something like unspoken love..

Just like how these paired are oblivious and unaware about.

 

“..you’ve been staring..” Hyomin said softly, soft enough to let only the short haired blonde to hear.

“Hmm?” Sunny’s brows creased.

“You’ve been staring at them..”

“Pardon?” Sunny turned.

“Sorry..” she said “I just thought that you want to make it oblivious..”

Sunny is staring at her bestfriend’s cousin, she was about to open her lips to voice ‘what does it supposed to mean?’

But it was stupid to do so, and this woman is definitely smart enough to read such thing.

“..yeah.. can’t help it..” Sunny finally mumbled, giving a little joke along, giving a small smile, hoping that the other woman would just drop the topic “they’re lovely…” Sunny shrugged.

Hyomin might caught a different meaning from their conversation as she keeps her eyes on the short haired blonde, but she said nothing before she turned back to the grilling meat.

“What?” Sunny finally asked when silence fall between them.

Hyomin gave soft chuckle before she replied “nothing.. you guys are all just too adorable..”

“Hmm?” Sunny’s brows furrowed “entertain me..”

Hyomin looked at Sunny in doubt, which Sunny gave a reassuring smile as she said “it’s okay.. I won’t get mad just because you filed your opinion about us..”

Hyomin shrugged, giving a smile when she spoke “..it’s just that the way you look at each other are way more than friend to friend..”

“We’re bestfriend..” Sunny said “and some of us are already being bestfriend since elementary school..”

“It’s not what I mean.. it’s just--..”

“And It does true that some of us have something more for others than friends does..” Sunny cut.

Hyomin nodded with a gently teasing smile “like you?”

Sunny gave a soft chuckle “like what?”

“Like how you see that friend of yours?”

It got Sunny into a speechless chuckle as she mumbled “are you usually this blunt?”

“I’ve got some personalities..” Hyomin replied jokingly “sorry, I will drop--..”

“It’s okay..” Sunny cut, giving a reassuring smile “don’t say sorry when you got something right..”

“I got it right?” Hyomin asked playfully.

“You won’t believe me even if I say otherwise..”

Hyomin chuckled “..hey.. take a seat and have your dinner..” she said “you haven’t eat, have you?”

“I am okay..” Sunny said “not that hungry..”

“But still need to fill that empty tummy of yours..” Hyomin replied “Taeyeon and Yuri are already eating..” she said, pointed the two figures with the clipper “and there my cousin is feeding by her sweetheart..” she added “..you should take yours too..”

“..sweetheart?” Sunny chuckled “she told you that?”

“Yeah.. she is that cheesy..” Hyomin laughed softly “just sit there.. I will con--..”

“it’s okay..” Sunny said “I can eat while standing up..” she spoke, mentioning that she will just stay with her new friends.

“Sure..” Hyomin smiled.

 

It might be one of the best nights they have ever had.

The rest of the night flow as it was ready to go dawn.

After their barbeque dinner, they gathered in the living room in the villa, watching some late movies with beers and snacks.

It was midnight when Taeyeon, as the eldest, and the most mature stood up “..kids..” she called “stop drinking and go to your room now..” she said “it’s time to sleep..” she added, earning some displeased grunts from few kids.

It was actually okay.

Just like how Taeyeon wants it to be, or how she already planned it to be.

Everything is going out just fine.

No accident, no serious quarrel, and just no anything that could come bad.

It was fine. Seriously so fine.

Until one of the girl suddenly stood up, a seriously half drunk Yuri, after wines and beers that she manages to claim still sober when she spoke “heyy!! How about playing game before a good night sleep?”