I'm Not a Kid, Alright?

30-Day No Coke! Challenge

                The next few days were difficult. Junhyung rarely went out of the bedroom and grudgingly expressed that every time he saw the refrigerator it felt like it was mocking him and his Coke-less-ness. The members knew better than to laugh at Junhyung’s own words, and they tried so hard to stifle their chuckles, and the rapper gave them frequent death glares and wouldn’t talk to them unless it was an important matter. Yoseob relied on himself to make Junhyung feel that the challenge was nothing—after all, he was the one who took the Coke away, he’d have to take responsibility of the consequences—but it wasn’t always easy, and Yoseob found himself getting tired of it.

                One day, all six members were at the Cube building. Doojoon and Dongwoon were speaking with their manager hyung and the company’s CEO about plans for the next album; Kikwang and Hyunseung were in the dance studio, choreographing their routine for an upcoming dance battle; and that left Yoseob and Junhyung in the recording studio, working on their songs with the producer and other staff. Junhyung was debating with the other lyricist on which lines were better sung at which time. Yoseob locked himself in the booth, trying to get a feel of the new songs laid out for them to record soon. It was a busy work day for all of them, and at 4 in the afternoon the group decided to take a break. They gathered in the dance studio with the coordi-noonas and manager hyung.

                “I’m going to get coffee,” one of the stylists said, approaching the six boys. “May I get you boys anything while I’m there?”

                Kikwang and Hyunseung both shook their heads, too preoccupied with their rock-paper-scissors competition.

                Junhyung looked up with bright eyes at the girl. “I want—”

                “Water please,” Yoseob cut in gently, yet loud enough to cut off Junhyung’s obvious request. He smiled sweetly at her. “Two bottles of water, for me and Junnie hyung.”

                The stylist looked carefully at Mr. Aegyo then at the rapper that frowned behind him. She chuckled and nodded. “Doojoon, Dongwoon! Anything?”

                “Water’s good! Thanks!” Dongwoon said to her.

                She nodded and went on her way.

                Yoseob looked back at his cellphone, playing one of the games he had. Doojoon and Dongwoon watched Junhyung quietly, waiting to see if he’d react violently, but Junhyung just sighed and lay down on the floor, placing his cap over his face. The eldest and the youngest both let out a sigh of relief, which seemed to have irked Junhyung, and he sat up and glared at them before getting up and walking to the door.

                “I’m getting ice cream.”

                The five boys looked at him, and Kikwang immediately got up and followed.

                Junhyung spun around. “I’m not a kid, alright? I’m just going to go get ice cream! I don’t need to be followed around.” He turned back to the door, hand already on the knob.

                Kikwang looked cautiously at Yoseob, who simply nodded and mouthed, let him. Kikwang’s face turned bright with a big grin. “Chocolate for me, hyung!”

                “And I want banana milk!” Hyunseung chirped.

                “Why didn’t you ask stylist noona for your chocolate ice cream and banana milk?” the rapper uttered angrily and left the dance studio.

                The five remaining boys looked at each other, all eyes twinkling with amusement, and they burst into laughter.

 

                Junhyung returned to the studio later on, popsicle stick in his mouth, having finished his ice cream on the elevator ride up. He threw the paper bag that contained the banana milk and chocolate ice cream to the two boys that requested it and he sat down in one corner, looking thoughtfully at his popsicle stick. He looked so intently at the piece of wood in his hand that he didn’t notice the pair of white sneakers that stood before him.

                “Here.”

                A bottle of water was shoved in the rapper’s face. He looked up and saw Yoseob, looking nonchalantly at him. With a sneer on his face, Junhyung snatched the bottle and placed it beside him, looking down at his lap.

                “You’re doing great so far,” Yoseob said quietly. “Thanks, hyung.”

                Junhyung looked back up at him, but he had gone back to Kikwang’s side and watched motionlessly as the latter screamed and complained of brain freeze. He kept his eyes on Yoseob for a moment, hoping that the boy would look back at him and smile or something, but Yoseob didn’t, and Junhyung took the bottle of water in his hands again. “I hate you, water,” he hissed but unscrewed the cap and gulped the water down.

 

---------

a/n: Thank you so much to those who are reading! Silent readers, please please comment! I'd like to see how many readers I have for this, and of course what you think of it so far, before I post the next chapter. So chap 3 will be up depending on the interest of the readers. :)

 

"I'm not a kid, alright? I'm just going to go get ice cream!" That line was my favorite to write, I think xDDD