Today? It's Thursday, Isn't It?

30-Day No Coke! Challenge

Slowly but surely the days went by. All six boys were busy every day with many things that they lost track of the days. Their comeback was in just a few more weeks, and they had to practice for hours and hours each day, from early morning until late at night. Yoseob may have been the busiest of all, having to record the most lines in their songs, but he tirelessly remembered that one date marked on his calendar.

                And that day came. The very first day after Junhyung’s 30-day No Coke! challenge. Yoseob waited the whole day for the rapper to mention something about it, but no word of it came, and he was more pleased than ever. Right before they gathered into the van to return to the dorm, Yoseob went to the vending machine in lobby of the Cube building and bought a can of Coke. He hid it in the inside pocket of his jacket when he went back to the group.

                All members were lazy and sleepy when they arrived at the dorm. Without many words they all crawled into their pajamas and into their beds, except Junhyung and Yoseob. Junhyung was being the mommy of the group and tidied part of the kitchen. Yoseob came out of the bathroom wearing his PJs, the can of Coke in the tight grasp of his fingers.

                “It’s late, hyung. You should sleep,” he called out to Jun-umma from the hallway.

                “In a bit,” mommy said in reply. “You go sleep now, Seobie. Thanks for your hard work today.”

                Yoseob chuckled to himself and moved toward the kitchen. “Hyung, do you know what day it is today?” he asked, trying to hint what he really meant.

                “Today?” Junhyung stopped his cleaning and pondered for a bit. “It’s Thursday, isn’t it?”

                This time Yoseob laughed aloud and went closer to Junhyung. “Your challenge is done, Junnie hyung. Congratulations.” He grinned and held out the Coke.

                Junhyung’s jaw dropped slightly, and his eyes flickered from the can to Yoseob’s smiling face. The shiny red can looked so foreign to him, yet it gave off a feel of nostalgia. Slowly, he wrapped his fingers around the cylinder and took it from Yoseob’s grasp.

                “Congrats,” Yoseob repeated, and he watched closely what Junhyung would do.

                After a few more seconds of staring at the can, Junhyung laughed and placed it on the countertop. He returned to his dishwashing. “Thanks, Yoseob.”

                “Now remember, only one can every three weeks!” the boy reminded him.

                “Or none at all, for a while.” The rapper smiled.

                Yoseob’s lips pulled up into a huge grin. “I’m so proud of you, hyung!” He jumped around and hugged the older boy from behind. “Are you sure you’ll manage with none at all, for a while?”

                “I’m sure.”

                “Great! That means I can drink this!” Yoseob’s arms released Junhyung and he grabbed the can of soda.

                Junhyung turned to him, mouth open, ready to complain and ask for his Coke back, but he stopped. He smiled again, shook his head, and looked back to the dishes.

                The boy laughed and kept the can in the refrigerator to be forgotten. “Coke’s pretty expensive, don’t you think? I can’t believe you used to buy them by the bulk load!”

                “And you wondered why I asked you to pay me back that time you said you threw it all away.”

                Yoseob nodded and watched quietly as Junhyung finished with the glassware and started washing the dirty pots and pans. He rolled his eyes and approached the rapper, taking both his hands and holding them under the running water to rinse the soap suds. “It’s time to sleep, umma. Dishwashing can wait.”

                “Okay, okay.” Junhyung chuckled and dried his hands on the kitchen towel. “You go on to the bedroom and get to sleep. I’ll follow in a bit.”

                “Good night, hyung!” Yoseob marched down to the bedroom and closed the door slightly behind him.

                Junhyung chuckled again and opened the fridge door. He bent down and looked at the Coke can for a long moment. Yoseob appeared in his mind, and he remembered how much effort the boy had made just to keep him away from his Coke. Then he recalled how cruel he’d been the first few days, complaining and whining about everything simply because he couldn’t drink the soda. Junhyung rolled his eyes and chuckled at his own little stupidity. He glanced again at the shiny red can and proceeded to take the bottle of water that stood beside it.

 

-----------

a/n: Story's done~ I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about it :| BUT THANKS x97878589499234910938 TO EVERYONE WHO READ AND SUBSCRIBED AND COMMENTED! xD Out of all my stories, this one has the most subscribers :) Thanks to all of you! Love you foreverrrrr~!

Junnie passed his 30-day challenge! ^^