I'm Glad You're Here, Hyung

30-Day No Coke! Challenge

                “Is your fever gone yet?” Junhyung wailed, three days after Yoseob first got his illness. “You’re so tiring to look after.” He walked into the bedroom but stopped at the doorway.

                Yoseob shifted around in Junhyung’s bed (yes, he was still there, after three days), lying on his stomach and facing the door. “No one told you to take care of me, hyung,” he teased and stuck his tongue out. It seemed he was getting back to normal, and that was a huge relief to everyone—especially to Junhyung.

                “I’ll stop then.” He took two big strides toward the bed and pulled Yoseob’s wrist. “Out of my bed, kid! You’ve been using it for too long.”

                “Noooo, I want to stay here.” Yoseob was laughing. Yep, definitely back to normal. “No one told you to take care of me, but I secretly want you to,” he corrected himself and gave Junhyung the biggest grin he could pull his lips into.

                Junhyung rolled his eyes and sat on the floor next to the bed. “So, are you still sick?”

                Yoseob put a hand to his forehead. “I’m not sure.”

                “With that kind of energy, you better be well already!” The rapper felt Yoseob’s skin. “One more day, maybe.”

                “That means I only have one more day to sleep on your bed.” The younger boy frowned.

                “Why are you still on my bed anyway? You’re perfectly capable of swinging yourself up to your own bunk!”

                “Because you offered me your bed the first time, so I thought it was an offer to last until my fever went away!” He laughed again. “It’s lonely around here without the other members. But I’m glad you’re here, hyung.”

                Junhyung just nodded and passed the boy a half-empty bottle of water. He didn’t want to admit that he excused himself from his schedules for the few days just to watch over the patient.

                “Ah! Are you keeping true to your challenge, hyung? I’ve been so sick these past days that I couldn’t monitor you!”

                “Nothing but water.” He raised his right hand and put it over his chest to signify his promise.

                Yoseob nodded proudly. “Good hyung!”

 

                Yoseob’s fever went away soon and he and Junhyung went back to their schedules, which was comprised mostly of practice in the Cube building. Junhyung complained less of his Coke-less situation, and he often just laughed if it ever crossed his mind again. He had to admit, water wasn’t a bad thing, but he did miss the tingly feeling on his tongue whenever he drank the soda. Still, he tried not to mention it anymore, and he had taken initiative to passing around water bottles to the members after dance practice.

                The Beast boys didn’t mention it either, but they were unanimously pleased with this improvement in Junhyung’s behavior. The four members didn’t have to, but they often drank nothing but water as well, kind of a support movement for both Junhyung and Yoseob. One time Dongwoon took a photo on his phone of the boxes of water bottles they bought and stored in the dorm, and he posted it on his Twitter account. The fans grew crazy about it, saying things like, “That’s a lot of water! Do you take a bath with drinking water?” “Good good! Lots of water is good for your skin!” “Boys must be very thirsty, kekeke ^^”

                On one occasion, manager hyung decided to treat the boys to dinner after a long, long day of work. They ordered several dishes and manager hyung told them to eat and drink anything they wanted. Doojoon had a bit of soju with him, while Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Kikwang ordered soda or juice. Yoseob looked down at his lap, secretly listening to what Junhyung would ask for. It was a special occasion after all, and manager hyung was so kind to them.

                “Nah, I’ll have water please,” Junhyung said to the waitress.

                “Me, too,” Yoseob added and smiled at Junhyung’s direction. He couldn’t be any prouder.

 

--------

a/n: asdlfkjadsf I was supposed to post this chapter, like, ten hours ago but my internet disappeared for the whole day, so I'm sorry it's a little bit late~ :D

Proud Yoseob is proud of his hyung <3

Last chapter to be posted tomorrow~ Thanks to everyone who's reading! ^^