Ch. 4- Marriage, Secrets, And Memories

My Prince's Heart

Sorry for the late update! I'm in college now, so I don't know how much I can update, but I wll try my best! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also please excuse me for my mistakes!




Birds were chirping, workers were running about, and the day was brighter than ever. A good day for the future king’s wedding. Myungsoo’s father looked up at the sky and smiled at how the there were no clouds and the sun was shining right at his palace.

A good sign: he thought. No omens were showing and everything has been going well for all of them. All of the servants were running about making sure the food, decorations, and the princess and prince were ready. The king and queen were supervising as the day went on.

In his room, Myungsoo was putting his wedding clothes on with the help of his servants. Woohyun was watching on the side. He felt proud to see Myungsoo get married and soon become king. Myungsoo did whatever the servants told him to do as they put the clothes on him. However, he wasn’t excited or happy. The prince was lifeless.

Myungsoo looked outside the window in his room and saw how bright it was. To him, though, it was cloudy like a rainy day. From the start he never wanted to get married. He never wanted any of this. But he can’t do anything about it. He is the crown prince and he will become king: a destiny that has been set in stone since the day he was born.

The servants bowed and left, heading out the doors to go help prepare the courtyard. Woohyun approached Myungsoo with a soft smile. The prince didn’t reciprocate it and continued to look out the window.

“Myungsoo-wangja, are you excited to get married? I’m delighted to see you get married and become the future king of our country.” Woohyun bowed to the prince and smiled once again. He knew Myungsoo wouldn’t smile back, but he will do anything to see his friend smile once again.

“Woohyun, you know I’m not happy at all to be here. I don’t want to get married to Sungyeol’s sister neither do I want to become king. Why can’t Sunggyu-hyungnim become king? You... You don’t understand the predicament I am in.”

Myungsoo and Woohyun made eye contact. A message was sent between them. Woohyun knew that Myungsoo never wanted this. He knows that Sunggyu doesn’t want to become king either. But if there is no king: then who will lead the people? The country?

The prince stepped forward and placed his hand on Woohyun’s shoulder. “I heard my sister asked for your hand in marriage. I should have known my sister would be like...this. However, I will go along with what you decide. I hope you make the right decision though.” He took his hand off and turned his back to Woohyun.

Woohyun looked down and clenched his fist. He starts going back to remember what happened to Sunggyu the day when he told he was going to marry his sister. Woohyun thought the latter was going to be happy, but now he doesn’t know. When he saw Sunggyu in that weak state...there was this pull towards the other.

“Myungsoo-wangja, where are you going? You need to stay here to be ready for the ceremony.” Woohyun eyed the prince who was about to sneak off. Myungsoo turned around and glared at the other.

He turned back around and grabbed onto Woohyun’s shirt tightly. “You will not tell me where I should be or go. You will make up an excuse for my absence. Understand?” Woohyun nodded with a gulp and bowed to Myungsoo.

“I’m sorry for over stepping my position. I will do as you say.” Myungsoo nodded at Woohyun’s reply and left his room.

He looked side to side and made sure that nobody was around. With quiet and careful steps, he walked away and out of the palace grounds. But then he realized that he still had his wedding ceremony clothes on and made his way to the woods before anybody noticed him. When he got to a clearing, he sat down and let out a sigh of relief.

There were nobody else in the clearing. The place was empty of trees and an open field of grass. Then he laid down, closed his eyes, and his lips curved up. A little though. Not much, but this may be the last time his lips will form that way. After he gets married to Sungyeol’s sister, Naeun, his life will change.

Myungsoo opened his eyes and stared at the cloudless sky. He reached up as a bird flew by. Oh, he wished to be that bird.

Free.

Flying.

And no boundaries.

A wish so deep in his heart that he has to keep down no matter what. Another wish laid inside as well, but he doesn’t want to dig it up. What couldn’t be dug out is a feeling so forbidden that it will disrupt the core of this country.

Suddenly, there was the sound of leaves crunching. Myungsoo leaped up to his feet and took out his dagger that was under a strap on his leg. He pointed it towards the direction where the sound came from. The prince waited to see who or what was going to come out.

Tree branches were pushed away as a figure approached Myungsoo. When Myungsoo saw who it was, he dropped his dagger and let out a sigh once again. The person who disturbed Myungsoo’s quiet and peace was Sungyeol.

The latter was taking haggard breaths. His hands were on his knees as he stared at the prince. Sungyeol approached Myungsoo and softly smiled. “There you are, Myungsoo-wangja. Woohyun-sshi told me that you ran off somewhere. I’m extremely worried since it is your wedding day.” Myungsoo sneered at the other and turned his back to Sungyeol. “M-Myungsoo-wangja, did I upset you?”

Sungyeol took a few steps forward and placed his hand on the prince’s shoulder. “Please, tell me what I have done wrong. Punish me if I had done something wrong.”

Myungsoo slowly turned around and pushed Sungyeol’s hand off of his shoulder. Then he pulled the other down, flipping Sungyeol so he was on his back. The latter let out a grunt when he felt his back hit the ground. Myungsoo placed his hands on the side of Sungyeol’s head.

“Tell me what you think? Must I punish you because I’m the prince? Answer me, Sungyeol! What do you think I’m going through right now?” Myungsoo slammed his hand on the ground, making Sungyeol flinch. “You will never understand what I have to go through! You don’t have the fate of being the future king and marrying someone whom you don’t want to marry!”

Sungyeol slowly made eye contact with Myungsoo and smiled once again. He gently caressed Myungsoo’s cheek, wiping away the tears that the prince didn’t notice. “Myungsoo-wan, no, Myungsoo, I may not understand but I will always be here for you. I can’t understand but I will be the person who will be there for you, no matter the circumstances.”

More tears freely fell down. Sungyeol slowly wrapped his arms around Myungsoo’s waist and pulled him down. There was a sudden impact of feelings that bursted inside them. The other cried into Sungyeol’s neck. Myungsoo let out all of his frustration and anger into his tears.

Sungyeol...he caught those tears with his heart. Filling it up by the second. A heart full of Myungsoo’s precious tears. This was the first time Myungsoo had ever cried like this. It’s been such a long time since he remembered crying as a child. However, being with Sungyeol, he was able to let out all his feelings that were locked away.

“S-Sungyeol, please, don’t let them marry me off. Don’t make them make me become king. I don’t want any of it. P-Please...”

Sungyeol smiled sadly and sighed. He ran his fingers through Myungsoo’s hair and kissed his temple. “I’m afraid I can’t do that. Your destiny is to become the king of our country and to guide the people. I will be there by your side...always.”

Out of nowhere, there was a tightening in Sungyeol’s chest. He immediately pushed Myungsoo off and pressed his hand onto his chest. Then he turned to side and coughed furiously. Myungsoo eyed Sungyeol who is in pain. The prince didn’t know what to do but carry him.

As fast as he could, Myungsoo ran back to the palace grounds with Sungyeol in his arms. People eyed him weirdly, but he could care less. When he got back, he yelled out for the doctor to follow him. A few other servants followed as Myungsoo ran to his room. He laid Sungyeol down who was sweating and panting for air. His eyes were shut tightly, trying not to let out any tears.

“Sungyeol! Please, open your eyes! I order for you to open your eyes right now! Sungyeol! Don’t leave me!”

Myungsoo clutched onto his head in pain and fell onto his knees. Woohyun had ran over to see what the commotion was about. He saw Myungsoo in pain and kneeled next to him.

“Myungsoo-wangja, are you feeling alright?” He shook his head despite it being in pain. No words could be let out. His whole body was numb except for his head. Then Myungsoo closed his eyes as images and voiced invaded his head.

FLASHBACK

“S-Sungyeol, please wake up! This is an order from the Crown Prince! If you don’t wake up right now then I won’t ever play with you again!”

The little boy clutched onto his friend’s hand, afraid the other was going to fade away. Tears were rolling down his little cheeks as he cried for his friend to wake up from his slumber.

“You promised! Friends don’t ever break promises! Y-You promised to stay by my side forever! Sungyeol!”

Myungsoo cried and cried into the dark, lonely night. The moon and the stars were hidden as the night drew on. That didn’t stop the little boy though. He continued to cry until someone or something answered his pleas.

“Please, save my friend! I don’t want to lose him! I l-love his so much! Do something! I’m ordering for anything to happen to save Sungyeol! P-Please...please...save Sungyeol...”

There was a sudden bright light as it flashed through the Sungyeol’s bedroom window. Myungsoo looked up, awed by the light. Seconds passed before a little ball of light appeared before Myungsoo. More and more appeared as the little balls of light illuminated the room. The light felt warm, soothing, and...hopeful.

Myungsoo held onto one of the balls of light: it warmed him up. A little voice emitted from the ball of light. The little prince carefully listened to it. Then he nodded happily and pressed the little ball of light onto his chest.

The ball of light entered Myungsoo’s chest and straight to his heart. Then it came back out and Myungsoo held it once again. He placed it on top of Sungyeol’s chest as it floated down the other’s chest. It entered Sungyeol’s body, and he started to glow. Myungsoo smiled softly at the other as his eyes became empty.

“Take care of it, okay?”

The little prince went limp, his body laying right next to Sungyeol’s. They fell alseep together, and the next day they would wake up together.


FLASHBACK ENDS

Myungsoo eyes flew open as he escaped from that...memory. Woohyun worried even more for the other. He lifted Myungsoo up on his feet and looked to see if he was injured or feeling unwell.

“Woohyun, I’m feeling alright. I was feeling a bit...nervous for the wedding. Now, if you would excuse me, I have to go get ready.”

Myungsoo passed Woohyun as he walked out of his room. The fresh air hit him directly in the face, and he was grateful for it. The feeling of getting out of that stuffed room was making him feel nauseated. He only took a few steps out and then he got bombarded by the servants wondering where he was. Myungsoo just ignore them and followed wherever he had to be.

The wedding was about to take place as he took his place. Myungsoo peered from the corner of his eyes and saw Naeun smiling into her sleeves. He was being honest to himself as he thought that she looked beautiful in those wedding clothes. However, he wasn’t able to bring himself to smile for the occasion.

He looked up at the sky. Peach blossoms were blowing in the rain and then they rained on the palace grounds. Whoever saw this moment were thinking of this as a beautiful sign for the prince and his marriage. Myungsoo didn’t think the same though.

Sunggyu was watching from the side, and he was able to see Myungsoo’s true feelings. He knew that his little brother never wanted any of this. If he was able to, Sunggyu would take over the throw. There is a problem: he can’t do that.

While Sunggyu was watching the scene, Woohyun appeared behind Sunggyu. He took the latter’s hand into his making Sunggyu flinch from the touch. Sunggyu slowly turned his head to face Woohyun who was smiling like an idiot.

“Woohyun, let go of my hand. This is unacceptable behavior for a servant like you.” Sunggyu harshly pulled his hand away and looked back.

Woohyun wouldn’t take a no though. So he opted to hold onto Sunggyu’s sleeve. “You can’t say anything as I’m not touching you.” He smirked at how smart he was being, but Sunggyu wouldn’t take this. Especially the way he feels for the younger.

Sunggyu pulled his hand away and pushed himself through the crowd, away from Woohyun. That didn’t stop Woohyun. He continued to follow Sunggyu, but suddenly he stopped himself.

Sunggyu stopped, everyone looked up, and Myungsoo held out his hand. Rain. It was raining all of a sudden. The peach blossoms became a darker shade of pink as the raindrops hit them. The rain continued. Feeling the raindrops hit Myungsoo’s hands made him feel sad and lonely.

All Myungsoo wanted was the most important person to stand next to him. From the corner of his eye, he saw Sungyeol in the distance. The latter was holding onto his chest tightly, still in pain. Though, he smiled for the prince. Like he wasn’t in pain.

Sungyeol, what are you doing here? You should be resting, you fool.

Why? Why are you standing there as if you aren’t in pain?

Please, go back you fool. I don’t want you to be here if you are in pain. Can’t you see how much I care for you?


Sungyeol stood there, out in the rain, as he watched the person he loves get married to his sister. Dongwoo and Howon appeared next to him, but it didn’t faze him. He continued to watch Myungsoo; loving his always.

Dongwoo placed his arms around Sungyeol’s shoulders and sadly smiled. Howon stared at the sky and felt the sky crying. Then he turned his attention to the taller boy and saw tears streaking his cheeks. Howon knew this was going to happen, and only hoped for the best for everyone. He hoped for the best for what is about to happen next.

The ceremony finally finished as it became night. Sunggyu went back to the clearing with the flowers and peach blossom tree. Sungyeol returned to his home and stayed in his room. Woohyun danced with Seunghyun as if it was their wedding.

And well, Naeun and Myungsoo were sitting there as they watch the joyful crowd celebrate their marriage. Myungsoo didn’t want to be there anymore so he stood up and said he had to go use the bathroom. Naeun didn’t say anything as she enjoyed herself. On the side, Dongwoo and Howon were watching everyone, especially a few certain people.

After Woohyun was finished dancing with Seunghyun, he walked away to get some fresh air. In the distance he could hear someone singing. It was in the direction of the woods. The same place where the clearing was located. There was only person he could think of: Sunggyu.

He walked through the woods and prayed that he was going in the right direction. Luckily, he was able to get there as he let out a sigh of relief. Sitting against the tree was Sunggyu, singing out his heart. Woohyun stood there, entranced by the other’s beautiful yet sad voice.

A breeze caressed Sunggyu, making him stop singing and turn his head towards Woohyun. It caught Woohyun off as he was found out. He walked forward and sat next to Sunggyu.

“How come you aren’t at the party? Shouldn’t you be enjoying yourself?” Sunggyu looked up at the night sky.

Woohyun chuckled and looked up as well. “I already enjoyed myself, Sunggyu-goon. I should be asking you the same question. Shouldn’t you be celebrating your brother’s marriage?” Sunggyu smiled and laughed bitterly.

“How can I enjoy myself if my little brother isn’t? Tell me, Woohyun, would you be able to enjoy yourself whether you were in my shoes or Myungsoo’s?”

Woohyun thought about it and shook his head. He knew the prince never wanted any of this; being the prince and getting married. A boy at such a young age, already has a huge responsibility on his shoulders. Woohyun knows he can’t understand Myungsoo’s situation, but he knows that he wants to do anything for the younger.

“No, you are right. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy myself. Myungsoo is like a little brother to me. I only wish for the best.” Sunggyu nodded his head in agreement. “I wish for the same. I wish I could take over the thrown, but I can’t do that for Myungsoo. I fail as a brother...”

“No, you are wrong about that,” Woohyun disagreed, “You’ve always been a great brother and inspiration for Myungsoo. Don’t you dare say you are a failure! You are not the Sunggyu I used to know!” Woohyun stood up and Sunggyu did the same.

“What do you know?! You’re only a servant for the royal family! As a servant, you have no words that should be said against us! Even if we have known each since we were children, you and I are on different levels. Don’t you ever forget that, Woohyun.”

Sunggyu pushed Woohyun and walked away. Before Sunggyu could get any further, Woohyun grabbed onto Sunggyu and pulled him back. Their bodies collided with each other and Woohyun held onto the other tightly.

“We are people! Stop using the excuse that we are different because you are royal and I’m not! Don’t you dare forget that you aren’t going to be the king. Whatever Myungsoo says will always be above your words. You... You have changed so much. What happened?” Woohyun’s grip loosened but this time he held onto Sunggyu’s other hand.

Sunggyu smiled bitterly at Woohyun. “Why do you think I’ve changed so much? Whose fault do you think that is?” He pulled his hands from Woohyun’s and walked away. “A person made me become like this.” Sunggyu stepped into the filed of flowers. “I never wanted any of this to happen to me either.” Another step. “It hurts, Woohyun.” A hand went to his heart and then his head. “These places hurt the most, but I don’t know why. There is nothing that can heal me. I can’t be healed...”

A few more steps and he stepped into the darkness of the woods. Woohyun ran towards where Sunggyu disappeared, reached out, but only grabbed air. His arm went limp next to him as he fell to his knees.

“Sunggyu, I don’t understand! Please, tell me...”


-------------------------------------------


Sungyeol entered his home as he left the party. He couldn’t stand seeing his sister and Myungsoo married. Seeing the two of them together made him feel angry, During the wedding ceremony, he wanted to run over to Myungsoo and take him away.

The problem is that he can’t do that. If he did, he will be sent to prison and everyone will question him. Shame will be brought to his family when they haven’t done anything. Except for Naeun getting married to Myungsoo. All Sungyeol wants is to be by Myungsoo’s side forever.

But you can’t... You have to give it back to him soon. If you don’t...he will die.

A little voice rang in his head and he didn’t ignore it. There was this tight feeling in his chest that wouldn’t disappear no matter what he did. Ever since he was little, Sungyeol had this feeling that he owed Myungsoo so much more than he thinks. He doesn’t know what to do though.

His heart... You have to give it back to him. He will die if he doesn’t have his heart back. He gave you his heart... It’s time for you to do what you destiny has mapped out for you.

Sungyeol pressed his palm onto his chest. He looked up at the night sky and saw the many little, bright stars. There was one that was shining the brightest out of all of them. He couldn’t help but smile at the sigh.

“I guess you are going to keep me company for the nigh. My little star...so faraway yet I can see you yet I can’t reach you.”

There was a sudden gust of wind and a crash emitted inside the house. Sungyeol got up and went to wear the sound came from. He opened his parent’s room and saw a wood box with intricate designs on it. Nobody was home. His curiosity got the better of him as he slowly opened the box.

Anticipation ran through his veins and his hands were shaking a bit. The moment he opened the box, he saw the little white charm with the flower. Sungyeol carefully grasped it and lifted it up to eye level. It was simple but beautiful. From what he can remember, the flower is a water lily.

In his grasp, he felt there was something in the charm. Sungyeol opened it and roll of paper fell out. It was tied with a small string so he untied it. The piece of paper was yellow probably telling how old it is.

Sungyeol opened the piece of paper and read the contents. His eyes widened, heartbeat quickened, and there were tears forming in his eyes. The pain in his chest increased as if a thousand needles were poking his heart. After reading the paper, it fell out of his fingers to the floor.

He aimlessly got up and walked outside. Tears ran down his cheeks as he fell down to his knees. “Why?! Why do you do this to me?! Is this my fate? I haven’t done anything yet why? Why is my fate like this?!” Sungyeol dropped on all fours, tears dropping like rain to the ground.

“I-I’m not their son? I’m not of their blood?”

I’m leaving my son in your care. As a mother, I’m not capable to raise my son. Hearing my son cry and seeing him in agony put me in so much pain. Please, I beg of you, please take care of my son. In the future, I know he will become a great man and a son for you. I may not ever come see my son and because of that, I would appreciate if you would say nothing about his real mother. Thank you for the trouble I will put you through, but I know that you will take care of him like he is your own son.

Realizing that he wasn’t their son, Sungyeol ran through the memories he shared with a family that wasn’t his. A family that lied to him who he truly is and where he is from. Sungjong and Naeun aren’t his siblngs. His parents...aren’t parents. Sungyeol’s life has been a whole lie.

This whole time, life, everything has been a lie. Sungyeol wasn’t the son of a scholar. Now, he doesn’t know who his father is. His real mother left him on the steps of a family that she didn’t know. Sungjong and Naeun don’t know that Sungyeol isn’t their brother. A family that was never his to begin with.

Sungyeol struggled to get up from the ground. When he was able to stand on his two feet, he walked out of the room and outside. He didn’t know exactly where he was going, but the person he wanted to see the most is Myungsoo. The person who could comfort and tell him that everything will be alright.

Everything will be alright, Sungyeol, because I’m right next to you.

He looked up at the night sky reached for anything. Whatever was up there, in the sky, that could ease his heart. The truth...that’s all he wanted.

Who am I?

Where did I come from?

Who are my real parents?

Why am I here?

Sungyeol continuously asked himself those questions. A mystery that surrounds himself. He isn’t Lee Sungyeol. Just a boy that was abandoned by his mother because she couldn’t take care of him. Now, he doesn’t feel like he fits in the life anymore because this life has been a lie.

“Sungyeol, look what you have got yourself into. This is your fate, and you can’t escape from it.”

He took steady steps to his prince. Myungsoo, the person he wanted to see so badly. However, he couldn’t see him right now because he was busy. Sungyeol came to terms that now Myungsoo is busy and married, there is no time for him. He has come to realize that he can never be with Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, please, don’t go.” Sungyeol held onto his chest tightly. The painful pounding of his heart against his ribs suffocated him. “You still love me right? You will never love Naeun, right? No matter who you marry, I will always love you. A-Always...”

The pain broke Sungyeol’s hold on his body as he fell to the ground. Everything became blurry and his surroundings spun around. Air wasn’t making to his lungs as he tried to fight for his life. His heart was beating so fast that it was impossible to count. All he has ever known is disappearing between his fingers.

“Sungyeol-sshi! What is wrong? Please, answer me!” Sungyeol opened his eyes to see a figure he knows very well.

“S-Sunggyu-goon?” Sunggyu  nodded his head and eyed Sungyeol’s body. The younger was burning and breathing irregularly. He didn’t know what else to do but bring Sungyeol to his room.

“You must stay awake. That is an order. I may not be king, but I will not let the most important in Myungsoo’s life die in my hands.”

Sunggyu pulled Sungyeol up and helped the other walk to his quarters. It wasn’t far but he knew he needed to get Sungyeol there as fast as he could. The younger looked over to the older and smiled lightly. “Thank you for helping me. I thought I was going to die.”

Myungsoo’s brother shook his head. “You’re not going to die. You will live another day to see Myungsoo reign as king. You will watch Myungsoo become a great king until either you die from old age. You will... You will live...”

Another smile came across Sungyeol’s face from Sunggyu’s words. They carried hope for a bright tomorrow and the will to live. Words that he will remember for the rest of his life...wherever he will be by then.


-----------------------------------------------


Myungsoo walked away from the party and to the area with the small pond with the fish in there. He stared down at the fish and let out a sad sigh. Even if their world was small, Myungsoo only want the people he love to be in that world. A world with the people that are most important to him.

The prince, now married, continued to stare at the pond until he saw a reflection in it. Myungsoo saw Sungyeol’s face in it, but the other wasn’t smiling. In the reflection, Sungyeol was just staring at Myungsoo with no expression. What shocked Myungsoo the most was seeing something transparent fluttering behind Sungyeol.

Then the image became clearer. What was fluttering were wings. White, pure, and innocent just like Sungyeol. Though, Myungsoo questioned why he was seeing Sungyeol with wings. An image pure yet sad. White yet black. Innocence but it was lost in those eyes of his. Sungyeol, the angel, smiled at Myungsoo and disappeared a second later.

“Sungyeol! Wait! Where are you going?!”

Myungsoo reached towards the pond but was pulled back by two people. He glared at the two who pulled him back, but was surprised to see them. The prince vaguely remembers Dongwoo but he doesn’t know who the other is. Myungsoo stood up and stared at the two.

“What do you two need from me? It is rude to pull the future king like that. I advise you not to do that again if I were you. Now, tell me as to why you are--”

Suddenly, he collapsed onto his knees, clutching onto his chest. Howon and Dongwoo kneeled next to him. The two looked at each other and knew what they had to do. They lifted Myungsoo up despite his protests. However, he was still in pain. There was a beating against his chest and it felt like something was going to pop out soon. So he pressed his hand against his chest even though it really won’t do anything.

“Dongwoo-sshi, we have to talk to Sungyeol-sshi. He needs to come to Myungsoo-wangja.”

“No, I know that Myungsoo-wangja’s life is in danger, but that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice the other!”

Why? Why are they talking about Sungyeol and I? My life is in danger? Sacrifice?

Howon glared at Dongwoo who did the same right back. “I may seem heartless, but if we don’t save Myungsoo-wangja there will be no king!”

Dongwoo spat back. “I won’t let someone else die in the place of the future king! I care about Sungyeol much more than you think. Someone like you will never understand...”

“I’m trying to save this country! If Myungsoo-wangja dies there will be no king because Sunggyu-goon--”

“Be quiet!” Myungsoo pulled away harshly from the two. “What are you two talking about,” he held onto his head tightly, “Sacrifice? Sungyeol? No king? What about Sunggyu-hyungnim? I-I don’t understand!” The prince screamed out. He could be he heard in the distance, but nobody paid attention.

Dongwoo carefully approached the confused prince. “Myungsoo-wangja, you must calm down. I need you to get you to your room before someone realizes you’ve been gone for too long.” Myungsoo shook his head.

“No, I do not want to go back.” He began to breath irregularly and Howon caught that. The pain in Myungsoo’s chest increased as he tried to figure out what was happening.

“Dongwoo-sshi, hurry, we must bring him back! And we must find Sungyeol-sshi as well.” Dongwoo finally agreed with Howon and helped carried Myungsoo to his room.

They arrived to Myungsoo’s quarters as he was laid down onto his bed. Howon and Dongwoo looked each other, and understood what they had to do next. “Dongwoo-sshi, I know this may not be acceptable to do, but Sungyeol’s heart...isn’t his. He needs to give it back before it’s too late for both of them.”

Dongwoo reluctantly nodded his head. “I understand. I understand but I can’t bear to see either of them in pain from the results! I-I just can’t.” Tears flowed down Dongwoo’s cheeks. Howon felt guilty inside putting the older through all of this. Truthfully, he doesn’t want any of this as well, but he saw the future.

“I know,” Howon pulled a crying Dongwoo into a gentle hug, “I know. However, this is fate. We can’t do anything about it.”