Chapter six.

Let's fall in love in Paris

● Chapter six. 

Music


He was staring at her.

No, not just looking like a stranger would look on a pretty girl but staring. Appreciating her beauty, to be exact – her flawless, smooth skin that was almost white under the moonlight; her red hair, looking like flames surrounding her heart-shaped, cute face; her brown, deep eyes that, at the moment, were looking at the machine standing next to them, glistening in pure worry.

He also knew that she was aware of his deep stare yet she didn’t do anything – didn’t feel uneasy, shy, weird. Just calm. Like a queen – this is what he first thought. Like a queen.

 

“Are you sure that it’s safe riding this… thing?” She asked with her voice shaking lightly as she pointed at the motorcycle right in front of her. Sehun chuckled quietly and ruffled her hair, smiling slightly with a sheepish flicker in his eyes.

“Hey, just trust me, okay? It’s safe, really.”

Xiao sighed and nodded, pouting lightly. She didn’t want to trust him at all, mostly because she didn’t know anything about him and, oh well, this was a damn death machine, but she knew that saying no to him would be the most stupid thing ever. Girls would kill her. So, in the end, she just nodded her head, and looked at him, still worried as heck.

“Fine. I trust you.” Her voice was smooth, making the words that came out right after even more serious. “Don’t make me regret it.”

 

Kai was supposed to feel good here.

Kai was supposed to break a few hearts.

Kai was supposed to have fun.

Kai was supposed to play.

Kai was supposed to feel free.

 

Jongin was feeling utterly bad and unwelcomed.

Jongin was holding back from doing any .

Jongin was really not having a slight bit of fun.

Jongin was not in the mood to play with anything at all.

And, the most important.

Jongin was feeling trapped.

 

He didn’t know what has gotten into him. He didn’t know what should he do or where should he go, he just wanted to escape this damn place but he clearly couldn’t. Not when Xiao was here, alone with Luhan and this damn guy named… Sehan? Sehen? Sehun? Something like that. He couldn’t care less.

With a sigh that was quieter than any blow of wind, he put on his leather jacket and walked out of the room, rushing to just get out of this suffocating place.

Where was he going, actually? He didn’t know. He just stormed out of the building, only to hear two voices not so far away from him.

Wait, isn’t that…

 

His heart skipped a beat, his breath hitched. Quietly and carefully, he hid behind the tree, slowly peeking at the two people standing next to the fancy and expensive looking motorcycle. The boy leaned in, and noticed details like unusual red hair of the girl and a black hoodie of the guy who was staring at her with a gaze literally glued to her face.

“Should we go, then?” The stranger spoke and the girl turned to face him, biting her lower lip in worry when he gave her a helmet.

Kai blinked a few times.

No, that can’t be… She won’t agree to…

“Yeah.”

You’ve got to be kidding me!

 

He gritted his teeth, clenching his fists as the girl put on a helmet with a help of this guy, this damn Sehun. Why was he even touching her? Why did he dare to touch her? Why did she even let him? She wouldn’t let anyone. Maybe Luhan, but…

Wait.

Why did he even care that much? She was just Xiao Lei.

Just Xiao Lei.

 

Her eyes were closed shut, her hands wrapped tightly around the boy’s waist, fingers clenched into fists. She couldn’t bring herself to face the wind blowing into her lips, cheeks, forehead, ruffling her hair, her clothes. She was afraid of this speed yet she felt safe at the same time. Safe with the guys eh barely knew, with Sehun.

 

She was about to say something, do anything to stop him, to make him slow down but then he suddenly started to, making her sigh in relief.

“We’re here.” The guy sounded amused, making her scoff lightly. “You can open your eyes now, you know.”

And so she did.

“Oh.”

 

He looked at her again, smiling to himself at the reaction he got.

They were standing on the hill, having the town laying under them, under their feet. Street lights, houses, everything – it was all so far away, so small. He loved this place so much, he felt like the king of the world.

And now he had the queen by his side.

“This place is amazing.” The girl whispered and smiled slightly, looking at the boy next to her. He chuckled and nodded, biting his lower lip gently.

“I totally agree.” With this small mumble, he leaned in and ran fingers through her hair, making her widen her eyes slightly.

‘W-what are you…?”

But he didn’t answer. All he did was leaning even closer with a smile and he felt a slight pull on her hair as he took out a small leaf, throwing it aside.

“You just look more beautiful without it.”

 

Jongin couldn’t sleep at all. His eyes were wide open, his hands crossed eight under his head, his body wrapped in blue covers that were slightly messy due to his constant moves. He felt uneasy. Really uneasy.

She didn’t know why this girl mattered so much to him. Fine, they were friends before. Maybe he was in love with her. Maybe she liked him too.

But it was in the past.

Dark past.

He turned to the side with a sigh, closing his eyes, trying his best to block all the unwanted thoughts, all the unwanted memories.

She doesn’t matter anymore.

Not anymore…

 

“So, tell me something about yourself.” Sehun asked, making her tilt her head.

“What would you like to know?”

“Anything. Everything. As much as you can tell me.” He replied fast, leaning back on his hands, looking at Xiao with a sheepish smile.

“Um, alright.” She bit her lower lip, thinking for a second before sighing. “I was born in Beijing, in China. My parents sent me to Seoul though, in hope I’d be famous lawyer.” Her eyes flickered with anger but she shook her head instantly so the boy wasn’t sure. “I went against them and picked achieving my own dream of being a famous translator instead.”

“So, French?”

“Yup. Also Korean and English.” Xiao nodded with smile. “But, how about you? Tell me anything.”

Sehun stiffened at the words, blinking once and suddenly jumped, looking around. The girl looked shocked at his sudden actions but he didn’t care less.

“Hey, it’s late. We should get going.” The boy nodded fast and handed her a helmet, looking at her with hard look. She blinked a few times and frowned, putting the helmet on, suddenly not in the mood to disagree like she would always do.

 

He helped her get settled on the seat and when she wrapped her arms around his stomach, a small sigh escaped his lips. She frowned once again and closed her eyes but couldn’t stop thinking about…

Well… what the heck?