Chapter four.

Let's fall in love in Paris

● Chapter four. 

Music


 

She didn’t know where she was going, to be really honest. She was just looking around, enjoying the fresh and so different air of Paris; her hand clenched tightly on the small bag while the second one was pulling her suitcase with her.

“Ah, it’s so pretty here.” Xiao mumbled to herself and smiled widely, closing her eyes in delight.

She was about to look for her phone when it vibrated. She pulled it out of her pocket and smiled, seeing a message from Luhan.

It must be around midnight for him, why isn’t he sleeping yet?

 

From: Sweetheart <3

Are you okay there, Xixi? I miss you already. Can’t wait to see you <3 <3 <3

 

The girl chuckled and smiled, quickly replying back. It must be late in Seoul, she thought and suddenly sighed. Her eyes wandered to phone and she bit her lip at the thought of her precious Lulu sitting alone in the cold campus.

 

To: Sweetheart <3

I arrived a few minutes ago. I’m gonna catch a cab and drive to the camp. See you tomorrow, my cutie <3

 

With a quiet click of a tongue, the girl picked up her luggage and shook her head, walking to the nearest busy street in hope to catch any cab, though it was 5pm. With a small sigh, she stretched out her hand.

She was surrounded by people speaking French, running around, probably coming from work or school. A gentle smile creeped on her face. It was finally getting to her, she was finally realizing – she was in France, in Paris, the City Of Love.

 

“It’s here, miss.”

She snapped out from her thoughts, looking at the driver. “O-oh. Merci.”

The girl quickly bowed and gave him the money, getting out of the car. The man also stepped out, taking her bags from the trunk and she quickly bowed, smiling widely even though she was lost.

But then she turned around and her jaw automatically dropped.

She was standing in front of the huge, old building with lights all around. It was surrounded by trees and flowers of all kind yet it didn’t give a messy feel, it felt like it was all the part of nature, even the small lake in the middle of the garden. Xiao smiled slightly and then someone suddenly tapped her shoulder, making her squeal and turn around.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t scare you?” The small, dark haired girl asked, shaking her head slightly with a frown slowly forming on her forehead. Xiao shook her as well head and smiled slightly, tilting head.

“It’s alright. I’m Xiao Lei, by the way.”

“I know. The student from Korea, right?” The girl tilted head, her smile growing wide. “I’m Vic.”

“Yup. Pretty much.” The red-haired nodded, biting lower lip. The girl seemed to be nice; it wouldn’t hurt to make friends already, right?

“It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“If you have any problems, you can always go here.” The girl called Vic pointed at the large, wooden door and smiled. “It’s principal’s office. But you’ve met him already, right?” Her green eyes focused on the red-haired student and Xiao nodded, letting out a small chuckle. Vic nodded as well and took girl’s hand, pulling her towards the other corridor. Xixi looked at her, a little bit puzzled.

“Where are we going now? I thought that our trip was over?” She asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. Victoria chuckled and smiled widely afterwards.

“Well, yeah, but don’t you want to meet your classmates?” And before the Korean could reply, she pushed the door and walked in with a huge smile.

“Yah, people, listen up!” Vic turned around and pulled Xiao by her hand, making her stand in front of around twenty people that were staring at her in some kind of shock.

“N-Ni hao. I’m Xiao Lei, I-I hope we’ll get along!”

 

“So, do you speak Korean? Or Chinese?” One of the guys asked and she turned to him, smiling lightly.

“I speak both. My mom is Korean and my dad is Chinese. That’s why I have Chinese name.”

“So what, you’ll suddenly attack me Bruce Lee style when I do something and to you?” Someone else asked and she rolled her eyes, sighing with exhaustion. Really, didn’t they know any other Koreans? Did they have to ask all those question.

“Oh come on, don’t act like she’s the only Korean here, Amanda.”

Xiao’s face lit up at the new information and a huge smile spread across her lips.

“Oh? Really? Can I meet…”

Before she could finish, the girl called Amanda turned her head to the door and smiled brightly.

“Yah, Thehunnie! Look, another Asian person!”

Xiao froze on the spot and widened eyes. Her head slowly turned to the side and then she gazed at the guy’s face, almost dropping her eyes and jaw to the floor.

“Y-you!”

 

Luhan wasn’t sure what made him stay awake the whole night. Maybe the constant replay of his talk with Kai, maybe his worry about Xiao, maybe the thought that she…

No. He couldn’t think this way.

With a loud sigh, he turned to the side and faced the door, almost in expect to see his little girl barging in without any restrains. His lips curled into a smile as he gazed at the photo on the wall; he, his best friend a.k.a the love of his life and the small ice cream shop just right behind them. His smile got wider when he remembered that it was actually the first place where they talked.

 

He was walking down the road with a sunglasses on his nose; his hands covered in sweat, so as his whole body due to the incredibly hot sun shining right above him. He sipped on his cold Pepsi, trying hard not to melt when he suddenly bumped into someone violently, making the cold drink spilled itself on his white shirt and he groaned at the sudden cold surrounding his body.

“O-Oh, I’m so sorry! So sorry!” He heard someone whining in Korean and his gaze went down immediately, seeing a petite girl trying her best to get up but failing in the end when the roller skates she’s been wearing made her slip again.

 

The boy shook his head and took her both hands, making her stand up and smiled.

“It’s alright, really.” Luhan smiled even wider, making the girl blush slightly from embarrassment. He was scanning her red hair, round face that she’s been slightly hiding, her thin and small body. He thought that she was kind of pretty, maybe his age or slightly younger, which would kind of explain her childish behavior. The girl pouted slightly and ruffled her hair and he thought that her moves were so graceful but then she lifted her head up and nothing mattered anymore.

Because he saw her eyes.

Those smiling eyes.

With no hesitation he stretched out his hand, mesmerized by the sparkles that were playing inside his slightly bothered heart and spoke before she could even say a word.

“I’m Luhan, by the way.”

 

He’s never regretted this day – the day of his awakening. He smiled to himself and closed eyes, her smile playing under his suddenly heavy eyelids once again.

“Oh, Xixi. If you only knew.”

Yeah…

If you only knew…


A/N: Another chapter. OTL And, tbh, I like it berry much B|

ALSO. Happy Bday to Suhoe :'D And me too, yaaay! <3 yes, I'm 18 now B| Woot woot. B|

Comments, subs and upvotes are a great motivation, guys :'D