Unexpected Friend

The Unbecoming Of Victoria

I don’t know how it happened or why it happened or why it happened. But it did. Its been almost seven months now that I’ve been in Korea, and life is surprisingly good.

Jiyong and I have been together for almost six months, and I’m surprised we even lasted. Krystal never let me forget that she had set me up to the man of my dreams, which to a certain extent was true. Jiyong was the best, literally. We would hang out when he’s free and have dinners at quiet restaurants. He would write songs about me and made me pick which one I liked most. I was stunned when I heard it on the radio a few months after. He was a total dreamer and a total beast in bed. yes. He’s a monster and ed my brains out. he’s perfect. And I know I promise I won’t do it, but I love him a little bit, maybe, I don’t know...

Nichkhun and I have also fell into an unplanned pattern. Every Wednesday afternoon, we would go out to have lunch, Sunday morning we would have breakfast and Monday nights we would go out to watch a movie. If you told me I would be friends with Nichkhun again after all he had done to me a year ago, I would kick you in the balls and wish you to hell. But now, we were close as hell, and a part of me is scared less.

We were so relaxed together and he would make me laugh during my tough workdays and sometimes pop over to my place with Chinese Food and we would watch WWE together in my living room. He told me about all his girls and the flavour of the week while I told him about Jiyong and what we would be upto. Nichkhun would sometimes fall silent and nod, while other times he would smile and ask questions. , he’s like my second best friend. Who knew.

“surprise!” Nichkhun yelled when I opened my door at nine pm, with him carrying a six pack beer and some mysterious food in a bag.

“it’s my birthday?” I asked, opening the door wider and letting him in.

“no, it’s no day!” he set the beers and food on my coffee table and threw himself back on the couch.

“watch it buddy, that cost more than your enlargement” I smirked at his mocked hurt expression as he opened up a bottle of beer and taking a big drag. I sat down beside him and reached for my own bottle. After the fifth attempt to try and open it on my own, I handed over to Nichkhun, who popped the bottle open with one twist.

“I loosened it for you” I muttered as I take a sip. Nichkhun laughed as he pulled out nachos and dip.

“it’s nine at night, you’re going to make me fat” I mumbled while reaching over to take a handful of cheesy goodness. Nichkhun chuckled as he flipped on the TV and some action movie came on. Nichkhun was about to flip to the next channel when Lee Min Ho came on.

“no! stay on this channel” I shouted, stopping him from erasing the y face. Nichkhun rolled his eyes, but didn’t change the channel.

“he’s so dreamy” I sigh, taking another bite from my nachos.

“he’s an tho, met him once. Hate him” Nichkhun commented.

“don’t ruin it for me” I shushed him.

“why aren’t you with one of your hookers today? Isn’t it Cindy or something?”

“nah, I just wasn’t feeling it” Nichkhun popped a piece of nacho into his mouth and watch me as I glue my eyes onto Lee Min Ho’s face.

“do I have something on my face?” Nichkhun blinked once, shook his head than cleared his throat.

“um, nothing. I mean, no. yeah, no” I looked over at him with a raised brow but said nothing. Nichkhun offered me a tight smile before stuffing his face with more nachos. Okay then...

After an hour of watching the drama, I ended up on his lap while he has an arm draped over my waist. I had finished my beer early and didn’t feel like another one, which allowed me to lie down. I had to admit it felt nice being on his lap, feeling his arm around me and feel his body heat against my skin. Sometimes his fingers would lazily draw nonchalant patterns on the small strip on skin where my shirt stop, which would always send shivers up my spine.

I smiled to myself at the good feeling when my phone started to go off on the coffee table. Nichkhun reached towards it and handed it to me, his face scrunching up a little when he saw the caller ID.

.Jiyong.

Feeling the butterflies awaken in my stomach, I bounced off the couch and headed towards the kitchen where I would get some privacy.

“hey oppa” I answered. the silent on the phone stretched a few seconds longer before Jiyong started to speak.

“hey” my brows furrowed.

“is everything okay?” more silent answered me.

“I don’t think we’re going to work out”

The world started to spin and the wind disappeared from my lungs. The butterflies died one by one and my eyes turned to mush. I grabbed the counter for support as I sat myself down on the kitchen stool.

“wh....wh..what?” I asked weakly. Words failed me. the whole Korean language failed me. nothing came into my mind. At this point, I don’t even know what number comes after four.

“I’m sorry. But with our statues and circumstances, being in a relationship just isn’t going to work out. especially for me” I swallowed and nodded, paused to realised that he wouldn’t see my nod, so I opened my mouth.

“yeah. Sure. ofcourse.” I said robotically.

“I hope we can stay friends” the we will. The shock and sadness subsided at the sudden wave of anger. It came out of nowhere and I saw red. Yeah, this was better. Anger.

“oh yeah sure, let’s stay friends after you me sideways huh? You know what? You are doing me a ing huge favour, Kwon Jiyong, because I finally get to say what I wanted to say. Thank God you broke up with me because honestly, I don’t really know how to break the news to you that your is the size of a new born baby, and half the time I couldn’t even fake an because I couldn’t even feel the damn thing”

Before I could allow him to say anything, I hung up the phone and threw it against the wall, which shattered it into pieces. Tears burned my eyes. I knew I shouldn’t have put myself out there, I knew I should kept it casual. I didn’t listen to my guts and here I am, hurting all over again.

“Vic?” Nichkhun called from the kitchen entrance. I turned to him and once he saw my tear stained face, his face hardened.

“tell me what he did” he demanded, fist clenched by his sides.

No words came, but I found myself running towards him and threw myself into his open arms. I finally allowed myself to cry, in the arms of comfort and security. It felt too good, and I knew I was on dangerous grounds. 

===============================================================================================================================

HELLOOOOOOOOO

So sorry with the late update. Time just slipped my fingers. :/

BUTTT GUESS WHATTTTTT

some y time next chapter as an apology! oh yeah, khuntoria is back on.....look forward to that guys ;)