Friendzone

The Unbecoming Of Victoria

I woke up with a mighty headache. The room was way too bright and the buzzing in my ears was too loud. All I could remember last night was the back of Victoria’s head as she walked away from me in her skimpy dress. Then after that was hazy. I had drinks, enjoyed myself at the club upstairs and did many things my mother would faint.

My lips felt sore and swollen and my neck felt dry. My arm was stretched out on either side of me and I could feel I was buck- under the thin satin sheets.

“well, hello sleepy head” Jessica came into my room with a glass of water and a small cup in the other, filled with different colour tablets.

“what happned?” I murmured, flinching at the sound of my horrid voice. Damn.

“let just say it was a wild night and you came home with two sets of twins” my eyebrows went upto my hairline and I tried to remember. Ah, yes. The Park twins and the Kwon twins. They are hot as hell and I just couldn’t resist. The rest of the ‘activities’ were hazy however, like I was in a dream and only little snippets came through into my head of the previous night. There were a lot of laughing and kissing. Some watching and some doing.

The feeling came so suddenly I almost fell off the bed as I rushed into the bathroom and threw myself down on my knees before letting out everything and anything that’s been in my stomach from last night. The burning sensation scorched my throat and my eyes involuntary tear up.

“” I muttered after the feeling was over. My head felt so heavy that I left it rest on the toilet seat, allowing the cold surface to cool my heated skin.

“geez boss, what the hell” Jessica crouched down next to me and placed a cool towel on my forehead and I moaned in relief.

“here, let me—” her voice was cut off with a grunt as she pulled me by the collar of my shirt and tipped my head back before slowly feeding me the water I desperately need. She then popped the pills into my mouth and chased it down by the rest of the water. I grunted a thanks as my forehead leaned forward again and returned to the space on the toilet seat.

“I guess the meeting is cancelled at 11am” she muttered, pulling out her cell and tapping away with expert hands.

“and the rest of your day is cleared” she murmured to herself now, clicking her screen with vigorously fast hands. once done, she put the phone back into her skirt pocket and glanced down at her watch.

“I gotta bounce boss. But if you need anything, call me” I waved my hand without looking up at her, but heard her snickering before the thud of the door closing.

Easing myself off the toilet seat, I seek the closest cold surface I would find. Which was the floor.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Despite feeling like total , I managed to get dressed and looked professional enough to leave my apartment without staggering against the railing and plummeting to my death. My phone beeped as a message came in when I settled in my car.

Glancing down, it was a strange number, with no name.

“Nichkhun speaking” I answered politely, who knows, it would be someone important.

“hey its me” her voice, that sultry voice filled with fire and made my mind race and my twitch.

“hello me” a smile broke out before I could stop myself. She huffed on the other end of the line, I could see her rolling her eyes and blowing her bang out of her face in annoyance.

“very funny, I'm laughing my off” she deadpanned.

“what can I do for you on this fine afternoon, Miss Victoria?”

“nothing, I was bored and Krystal was at work. I needed someone to talk to” she sounded so simple and casual.

“right, because I totally have nothing to do with my time and am available to talk to you any time of the day” she laughed on the other line and my hardened and my smile grew. The ? I looked down at the tent in my pants and wanted to scream. What is it with her that makes my have a mind of its own.

“meet me at Cafe Lamont in 30” I blinked. That wasn’t an invitation or a request. I blinked again. what.

“what makes you think I would turn up?” a challenge in my voice, but I already knew I was going as soon as she said the address.

“because you’re a er for an like mine” at that, the line went dead. I laughed silently to myself as I put the phone back into my pocket. She’s so god-damn perfect and if this continues, I might ing love her.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Well isn’t she a sight, sitting there sipping on her coffee and gradually finishing off her carrot cake. Long legs crossed, back straight, no s given. She didn’t look up when I approach her.

“glad you could make it” she looked up and smiled. Damn, her face was stunning.

“like you said, how can I miss this piece of ?” Victoria laughed as she waved for the waiter, who came more than willingly.

“long black. Hold the sugar” I ordered. I watch him scribble down the order hastily and gave him a look that sent him running.

“I assume you have something to discuss with me?” I asked casually crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back on my seat. Victoria looked like she just came right out of work, her dress shirt was pressed neat and her black skirt was at its appropriate length. For such a tame outfit, I have no clue how she could makes it look y.

“no, nothing. I just wanted someone to hang out with, like I said on the phone” she answered, batting her eyes innocently. I watched her closely, suspicious as hell. Why would she want to ‘hang’ with me? surely she has other friends she could ‘hang’ with.

“I don’t follow” I murmured, studying her relax frame closely.

“don’t have to, I'm sure its not that complicated. I just needed someone to talk to and you were conveniently close by”

“right” I concluded.

And just like that, we talked. About anything and everything. it was surprisingly relaxing. It was so easy and casual, we laughed and shared stories. Like friends. And that scares me less.

Because there’s no way am I going to be ‘friendzoned’. Nichkhun DON’T get friendzoned. Ever. 

================================================================================================================================

i know it's short, i know it's late but on the bright side, it's here, is it not?

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter, is coming. promise!