Making a Comeback

The Unbecoming Of Victoria

I couldn’t help but smile when I saw my best friend, Krystal, with her boyfriend Kai standing by the arrival gate, holding up my name. When her eyes landed on me, she started to bounce like an over-energised kid. 
A smile broke open my face as I hurried towards her, dragging my suitcase behind me before dropping it to the ground and hugged her close. Krystal still looked the same as she did a year ago back in America. Her dark hair was longer than I remembered and she lost a little more weight, which did fantastic things to her body. 
“oh my god, I missed you so ing much” Krystal squealed in my ear as she squeezed the life out of me. she was my first and only best friend in America. She was lost and so was I, so we kinda tagged along together and explore New York together, we connected fast and the rest was history. She met her boyfriend in New York as well. 
Krystal decided to intern at her father’s company a year early, in hopes that she would graduate before everyone else and finally work a proper job. I was a little too lazy to get off my and move to Korea, leaving my beloved condo back in New York. now I'm here, and I want to go back. 
“same” I muttered into her hair. We hugged it out a little more before breaking apart. I gave Kai a firm friendly hug before stepping back. Kai was a little scared of me, which I don’t blame him, since I told him that if he hurt Krystal, I would hunt him down and chop his off before shoving it back up his , all while laughing. 
I guess my effort worked, because they are onto their 3rd anniversary. 
“let’s get going” Kai grabbed my luggage for me before leading Krystal and I out of the terminal. During our drive back to my newly bought apartment, which isn’t far away from my father’s office building, Krystal talked my ear off about her work and how the business was going. She talked about the parties she attended and wished I was there with her because the other rich snobs were looking down at her. hearing that made my blood boil, I knew the feeling, and if it was done to me again, some is going to have her nose job broken. 
“I’m just so glad you’re here” Krystal sigh as she hugged me again. if I didn’t know better, Krystal is almost like the old me. the naive and gentle, caring and kind, me. while I am a totally different person. And I’ve made it my mission to keep Krystal from going through everything that had happened to me, and so far, nothing happened. Score one to me. 
“I’m glad to be here, its so much more quieter than New York” we sat in comfortable silence while I looked out into the city that used to be my home. I can’t say I missed it, because come on, who can beat New York, but it still makes me happy inside to know I’m where I belong. 
“this time, you’re going to grab Seoul by the balls Vic, I just know it” Krystal said with pride. I let a smile creep into my face. of course I am, and all them es are going to pay. 
+=+=+=+=+=
My apartment was gorgeous. It was spacious and modern, big and grand. Krystal’s mouth hung open when she walked into my threshold. 
“holy moly, what the hell is this place?” Kai’s eyes widened as well, but he didn’t say anything. I gave them a look that said, come on, I’m Victoria.
“right, never settling for second” Krystal rolled her eyes as she walked into the living room. She didn’t make more comments but I can tell that she’s impressed. I was impressed. My father had done me proud. He designed the room himself and my mother picked the furniture. It was one beautiful apartment. The scheme was brown and black, warm orange and gold. it was grand. 
“I love my parents” I said as I walked into my new kitchen. Everything was ready for me to used, as I was told. Tea and coffee was stocked, fridge was stocked, and cupboards were stocked. I had nothing to worry about. 
“I would love them too” Kai spoke up as he settled my bag against the far wall by the family portrait. I looked so innocent and young, I'm not that girl anymore. 
“Oh, I almost forgot to tell you” Krystal pulled out a small slip of paper and handed it into my hand. I looked at her questioningly but she just shrugged. 
“read it later, I doubt you need to worry about work now, you didn’t even change yet” Krystal helped herself to a cup of tea and settled down on the kitchen island. 
“give me the lowdown of this city” I told her, leaning back against the counter, playing with the wooden spoon hung on my wall
“well, all you need to know about anyone who’s worth knowing is on page 8 of Seoul Times, its like a gossip column of all those bratty rich girls and celebs in general” Krystal explained. 
“what? Like the socialites and stuff?” I laughed but stopped when she didn’t laugh with me. 
“of course, this is like New York stats. With all the need to know and everything. I bet as soon as you made that opening appearance at the charity event, you would make the top headline” 
Kai nodded in agreement. 
“can’t wait” I smiled wickedly. By this time next week, everyone would know who Victoria Song is, and everyone will regret messing with me. 

===============================================================================================================

I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter of this fanfic. I've decided to do something new and create a first person narration. 

Let me know whether you like it, if not, then I'll just change back to third person. no problm :)

I hope you guys had a very merry christmas and a lovely new year!

i shall see you again next year! 
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXO