Secret

Literature For Dummies

Thank you so much everyone that has commented and subscribed! I've never been one to care about how many subscribers or comments I have, but now I'm checking every so often to see how people are liking the new chapters >.< I really really appreciate everyone's comments. Although I can't reply to them with my job getting in the way, they all make me so so so happy! 


 

 

Jinki, Jinki, holy you won’t believe what just happened to me.” Kibum was pulling Jinki hard, taking him away from the hallways and into one of the bathroom stalls. “Minho! Oh my god, he’s perfect. I can’t believe I’m so lucky, how can someone like him want to be with someone like me? I don’t understand, but I’m so happy, Jesus Christ he kissed me! And we talked for hours, he took me under the bleachers after lunch and we just sat there and talked and he’s so smart, you won’t even believe the philosophical he says, and he actually listens when I say something even if it’s dumb and his hands are so ing big my God---”

 

Kibum!” Jinki grabbed his arms, shaking him a bit to snap him out of his trance. “Wake up, you’re rambling.

 

Sorry, sorry,” he’s laughing, pushing his bangs away from his face. “I’m just so happy right now, I need to tell you everything.”

 

That’s fine, but” he scrunches his nose. “Not here, it smells.

 

Oh right, sorry, got too excited.” Kibum is still shaking though, opening the door and walking out like he was in a daze. They almost out when Kibum yelped, the younger boy tumbling backwards into Jinki.

 

Sorry, sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was goi---Jinki.

 

And he froze, Jinki’s blood beginning to boil by just the sound of the voice. He didn’t want to look up, he knew looking at his face would set him off, but Jonghyun was stepping towards him, moving a wide eyed Kibum to the side.

 

His lip was split, right eye a little black and the skin below it raised and swollen, but he still looked so beautiful. He looked so ing beautiful it angered him.

 

But then Jonghyun stepped back as if he was burned, his face morphing into a look of pain. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have--” he cut himself off, Jinki still rooted onto the same place, eyes hard. “Sorry.” he apologized again before turning around and walking out.

 

What the was that.” Kibum murmured after a few tense seconds, looking at Jonghyun’s retreating figure and Jinki’s frozen body.

 

Doesn’t matter,” Jinki rolled his shoulders, straightening his back to walk out of the bathroom, Kibum following more confused than before. It doesn’t matter.

 

A week passed without any incidences. Taemin came back to school, albeit an overprotective Jongin entow wherever he went. He was like his second skin, a shadow with sweet eyes when Taemin looked his way, but an angry demeanor to anyone else that came close.

 

It was nice. Jinki always knew they had something special when they were younger, although they stopped hanging out as much in high school, he could still see it in the way Jongin hung around him. It made him feel better knowing that there was someone around Taemin that could help if anything went wrong.

 

Other than that, everything went on like usual, well, except Kibum had a second skin as well, his best friend constantly on Minho’s lap during lunch and wherever else they had some time to themselves.

 

Jinki still went to and fro from his usual lunch table to the english club anyway. Not that Kibum really needed him anymore. It just made Jinki feel normal, like the whole ordeal never even happened.

 

Hey Jinki,” Kibum said, pulling him away from his thoughts. “What are you doing after school?”

 

Uh, nothing really.”

 

Good, Minho has a game today and we’re his cheerleaders.” Kibum shook his shoulders, fingers twirling a piece of Minho’s brown hair. “I’m making a sign and everything.”

 

They shared a quick kiss, Jinki holding in a look of disgust. “Sure, I guess.”

 

Kibum lay his head down on Minho’s shoulder. “Great, its at 5, meet me there?” he wasn’t even looking at him. Minho whispering sweet things in his ear. It would have been cute if they weren’t so wrapped around each other every second of the day.

 

Yeah, yeah.” He waved his hand dismissively. “I’m leaving.”

 

“‘Kay,”

 

Sometimes, they could be too much, not that Jinki could blame them. Kibum was never one to care about what others thought and he’s always been into public displays of affection. Kibum was happy and Jinki didn’t want to ruin it with his jealousy; it wasn’t a secret that Jinki envied what they have.

 

He couldn’t deny that what happened to Taemin still stung, especially since Jonghyun had been avoiding him like he was the black plague. But it still hurt, only because Jinki felt like he was so sure about him. Jonghyun was everything he wanted in a person; sweet, funny, loved Shakespeare and literature, a little shy and cute as . He was also the perfect height to give kisses to, the perfect set of hands to hold him with, and eyes that anyone could get lost in.

 

It was aggravating and he just needed more time to his wound and recover. Yeah, maybe he just needed more time.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yeah c’mon, Minho! Take the ball!” Kibum was screaming, a bright green sign in his hands. The gym was almost packed to the brim, students everywhere joining in with their own screams. “Shoot! Shoot! Shooooot!”

 

Jinki scoffed, face amused as Kibum, jumped around his seat with excitement. “Do you even know what’s going on?”

 

I have no idea, but Minho keeps taking the ball so I think that’s goo--SHOOT THE ING BALL, MINHO!”

 

I guess so.” He was laughing, watching his best friend stomp his feet in anticipation when Minho took another shot from afar and somehow making it through the hoop.

 

yeah, that’s my boyfriend!” Kibum was yelling again, pointing at Minho and grabbing whoever he could. “Look! That’s my ing boyfriend!” Kibum kept cheering, Minho’s team mates patting him in happiness quickly as he looked around the crowd shortly, finally spotting his boyfriend to blow a discreet kiss his way .

 

Kibum practically melted.

 

I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” Jinki shouted through everyone’s screams, Kibum nodding at him without looking, eyes on Minho the whole time, blowing kisses of his own.

 

Okay, be back in a bit,” he said to no one is particular. Squeezing himself through the bodies to get off the bleachers.

 

There were so many people in there, he was honestly surprised students actually cared about basketball. He wasn’t really one for sports in the first place, so to skip the crowd he decided to use the bathroom on the second floor. It wasn’t much of a hassle anyway, he didn’t know anything about the sport except a bunch of tall people fought for a dribbling ball.

 

He was just about to walk inside the bathroom when something--no, someone caught his eyes. It was a figure hunched low on themselves near the lockers across the halls. Jinki was going to leave, he really was, the stark white hair sticking out like a sore thumb, but Jonghyun looked up before Jinki could make a run for it.

 

Jinki,” He could see Jonghyun’s mouth form those words and his throat suddenly dried up. They stared at each other for a moment, the white haired boy’s mouth opening to few times only to close back up.

 

Jonghyun made the first move, walking slowly up to Jinki, his teeth biting his lower lip. “Hi,” it was breathy, Jonghyun standing two steps away from him.

 

Don’t,”

 

Wait, look, I need to say something if I don’t say it now I’m never going to,” He was scrambling, shifting his weight from one feet to the other. “Please, just hear me out. Just for a few minutes, that’s all I need.”

 

Jinki shook his head, fighting the words that wanted to spill out.

 

I’m sorry, you don’t need to say anything, I already know. What I did was a ty move, but I just want you to know, I never laid a hand on him. I would never, ever hit him. Taemin was my friend, I wouldn’t touch a hair on his head.”

 

You didn’t have to,” Jinki bit out. “You watched as everyone else did.”

 

Jonghyun heaved a loud sigh. “I know and I’m sorry, there’s nothing I could say that would make it okay.”

 

Then why?”

 

I--” he began. “It’s so stupid, I just. I’m just sorry, so ing sorry. It’s been eating me up this past week and I just want, please.” He was begging, Jinki could see the way his hands were trembling. “Look at me, just once, please.”

 

I can’t.” He kept shaking his head, his eyes downcast. He was weak, he didn’t know what emotions would run over him if he looked up, he was already breaking. He wasn’t even mad anymore, he just felt broken.

 

Then he felt a touch on his chin, Jonghyun reaching two fingers out to tip his head forward. He was slipping, lower and lower, he could feel his heart pounding until he took the plunge and looked up.

 

I’m not asking you to forgive me,” His eyes were so soft, so soft and hurt. “And I know you probably don’t want to see me again, but I just, I have to--” Jonghyun leaned in a little closer, eyelashes fluttering. The finger on his chin slid down until his palm was clasping the back of Jinki’s neck.

 

Jinki didn’t think twice when he met Jonghyun halfway, their lips pressing together in a hard kiss. Jonghyun calming Jinki down with a thumb to his ear, caressing it gently, guiding Jinki’s lips to move with his.

 

It was light and soft, Jonghyun pushing Jinki forward until his back was pressed in a corner. The boy covering his front so no one could see him, he was his, only his to look at. Jinki breathed in deeply to push in closer, the collar of Jonghyun’s shirt, the hand Jonghyun had on his neck moving to cup his jaw.

 

He felt like he was suffocating, Jonghyun’s body curving over his own, until Jinki’s back was bending backwards to push his hips up.

 

I can’t, I can’t--” Jinki gasped, Jonghyun chasing his lips for another kiss when he tried to pull away.

 

I know, I’m sorry.” He was rubbing Jinki’s lower back, the older boy’s hands still grabbing a fistful full of his shirt. “I just needed to do this, before you decide to cut me out completely. I’ve been thinking about you, every single day I think about how much I ed it all up with you.”

 

Jonghyun angles Jinki’s head again to press their mouths together. “My skin itches when you’re nearby and I can’t touch you. I get angry when I walk all the way up to the english club to see you, but remember I can’t step foot in there. I feel anxious just thinking about approaching you, but hate that I can’t pull myself together enough to apologize. So this is it.” He sighed. “I know I should be apologizing to Taemin first, and believe I will do it, but I just--needed to see you first. I wanted to hold you like this.

 

He still had his hands on Jinki’s waist, Jinki’s head spinning with everything he just said. “We can’t….can’t tell him about this.” Jinki was weak and he knew it.

 

Do you mean?

 

Yes, I,” He straightened his back, taking one step away from Jonghyun so he could think clearly. “I like you, a lot honestly, and I’m still beyond pissed about what you did, but I can’t stand not seeing you anymore, so just, we have to keep this a secret from everyone.

 

Yeah, totally,” Jonghyun’s eyes were glazed over, like he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “I’ll do whatever you say.

 

Good,” He pulled Jonghyun’s hands away from his waist. “So it’s settled, then.” Jinki hesitantly took another step back. “Er, I guess I’ll see you around?

 

He felt awkward, but when Jonghyun suddenly came into his space again kissing him so softly, Jinki melted.

 

Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow.” and then they parted ways. Jinki walking back into the gym, his heart beating like crazy.

 

What the hell took you so long?” Kibum shouted when Jinki sat next to him. “The game is almost over, I had to make friends while you were gone!

 

Jinki shrugged, trying to act normal. “Got lost I guess.

 

Kibum eyed him for a few seconds and Jinki swore he was caught, but the other boy just shrugged his own shoulders and began to yell Minho’s name again; bright green sign high in the air.

 

Shoot, Minho, shoot!”

 


I tried to re-read this chapter but the more I read the more I hated it, so if there's any mistakes I'm sorry >.<
 

But I hope everyone likes this! Hurray for Jongyu!!!!!