English Club

Literature For Dummies

I had writers block with this fic, but now everything is pouring out of my like ing crazy. It's brilliant man!

I hope you guys like this!


 

"Kibum, no," Jinki whispered harshly, grabbing onto his friend's arm and pulling him back into his seat. The blonde boy scoffed at him, trying to move his arm away from Jinki's tight grasp.

 

"Jinki let go,"

 

"No, Kibum, I don't like him," he said looking up from his lunch table and looking at the white haired boy, who was just sitting there, his eyes down as if he was waiting for something, anything.

 

"Well, you will and I just want to speed up the process." and Jinki got angry at that, furrowing his eyebrows and whispering real low and hard.

 

"You can't tell me who I will and will not like, Kibum." he breathed. "I don't like him, Kibum, I don't want to be his friend, Kibum, I don't want anything to do with another pothead, Kibum."

 

Kibum looked at him for a moment and huffed. "I hate you never talk to me ever again." he wanted to sound harsh, but Jinki could hear the slight amusement in his voice.

 

The silence was awkward and overbearing and Jinki shifted a little in his seat. "You know," Jinki began, but Kibum just brought his hand up to his face.

 

"I'm not talking to you." he brought his hand down to cross over the other, his back turned to him.

 

Jinki whined. "Kibum, don't be like that."

 

"No, I will be whatever the hell I want to be until you talk to him,"

 

"But I did talk to him!" Jinki huffs and Kibum spun around, his lips breaking out into a wide smile, gleam in his eyes.

 

"You what?" he practically yelled, holding Jinki's hands as he squeezed them with excitement.

 

Jinki jumped suddenly, feeling the stares of the people around him as he leaned closer to Kibum, his face burning with embarrassment. "Kibum, can you please not."

 

"Jinki, I don't care, go on, spill!" he was excited, Jinki could tell by the way his leg was shaking, that he couldn't keep still.

 

"Well, I don't know, after you left to go get high with your friends and left me alone in the middle of the woods, I'm kind of surprised I didn't get or killed by a damn animal."

 

Kibum huffed dramatically, rolling his eyes. "Jinki, stop being stupid, animals don't people."

 

The older boy didn't say anything, too afraid to ask if Kibum was kidding or not.

 

He wasn't

 

"Okay, anyway," he murmured stupidly. "After you left, Jonghyun practically crawled to me from a damn bush and recited Shakespeare, Kibum. He called me Kate from the Taming of the Shrew, for God's sake!"

 

"Wait, I thought her name was Katherine."

 

Jinki wanted to shoot himself. "That's not the point, Kibum. The point is, the guy is insane and I have standards. Plus, Kibum, again, I like women, not men, Jesus."

 

Jinki was exasperated, no matter how many times he told Kibum that he liked , he wouldn't believe it.

 

"Well, I have a sixth sense for these things, gay people can practically smell each other from miles away and you, my dear," he leaned closely into Jinki, sniffing his neck quickly. "reek of homouality."

 

"Why am I even friends with you," the older boy grumbled into his arms as he dropped his face onto the table.

 

"You love me, admit it, I'm the only reason you have friends in this stupid school, so you should be thanking me, ."

 

"Yes, yes, thank you, Lord Kibum. Because of you, I'm going into forests every weekend to get high, oh how I worship you for the gift of weed."

 

Kibum rolled his eyes again. "You don't even smoke, Jinki."

 

"That's exactly why that was said in a sarcastic tone, my goodness." he shook his head with disappointment as he got up from the table. "Oh and yes, her name was Katherine, but they called her Kate, my goodness, Kibum, maybe you would know if you actually read the play and didn't copy off Taemin every damn day!"

 

He brushed past him like that, with a haughty smirk and a fuming Kibum sitting on the table.

 

"Fine, go to your stupid nerd fest and leave me here, it's okay!" he heard Kibum faint scream, making his ears burn with embarrassment.

 

It was just like him, to make fun of the English club he liked to go to during lunch. Jinki wondered everyday why he was best friends with a brat like him.

 

Two times a week (or whenever Kibum wouldn't beg him to stay with him) Jinki would skip lunch to go to his English room and talk to his friends, or nerds, as Kibum liked to call them.

 

I mean, the club was amazing, in Jinki's perspective, it was refreshing to hear the views and thoughts of people about the works Jinki cherishes. The stories of classic writers, geniuses with an imagination so flawless, Jinki could only dream of.

 

He remembered bringing Kibum once, to his English club, and as soon as the male stepped foot into the room, he turned away, patting Jinki on the shoulder and shook his head.

 

The day I ever step foot back into this nerd fest, is the day hell freezes over and I marry a woman. He still remembers the disgust in the other boy's eyes.

 

Typical Kibum.

 

"Jinki!" Taemin jumped as soon as he slid the door open. "I'm so happy you made it! We were just talking about The Taming of the Shrew and how much of a whiny idiot Katherine is!"

 

The older boy groaned as he was dragged into the group. "I never hated that play as much as I do now."

 

He looked at him confused. "What? Jinki you love that play." he whined.

 

"Bad memories, I don't want to talk about it."

 

"Sure, okay," he turned to the guys in the circle. "anyway, Katherine is so stupid, I mean, how can she still fight when Petruchio is starving her, I don't understand her at all."

 

"It's cause she's a shrew, she's just mad at everything."

 

"Actually," a voice said from the door, everyone turning to look. "Katherine isn't mad at everything, she's just misunderstood and confused. She's mad at society, for treating her the way they do because she's smart, she's mad that they expect her to play this role of a "maiden's daughter" that she knows she can never play, she's angry about how her father treats her sister Bianca so much better than her, she's jealous and unhappy and she knows she will never find a husband and that kills her."

 

They all looked at the figure at the door, their mouth hanging in shock. The boy scratched the back of his white hair and stood there awkwardly. "The door was open?" he tried to explain, confusion in his voice as he looked at the group of boys staring at him..

 

"Um, well," he shifted shyly, hand dropping from his head to stuff them in his pocket.

 

Taemin was the first one to break the silence. "Woah, hyung, that was amazing!" he said surprised, getting up from his seat to bring the intruder forward. "I never thought of it like that, wow, it makes so much sense."

 

You know him? Jinki wanted to scream as the room bustled with noise, everyone commenting on how strong Kate suddenly was and Jinki felt sick.

 

"Wow, aren't you, Kim Jonghyun?" one of them said, leaning in close, taking in the boy's features. "Why are you here?"

 

Jonghyun wiggled in his seat, crammed next to the group of boys. "I really like English and I would be happy if you guys wouldn't tell anyone I was here."

 

Taemin ignored the last part. "You do? Who's your favorite author? Do you like Shakespeare? What's your favorite play?"

 

Probably Romeo and Juliet. Jinki snorted to himself.

 

Everyone looked at him.

 

Realizing that he said it out loud, Jinki began to scramble. "Oh , I mean--"

 

"Actually, I really like Hamlet, it isn't my favorite, but it's one of my favorites." Jonghyun said, looking at Jinki in the eyes before turning to everyone. "I think that Shakespeare really nailed it on the head with that one, I really love Hamlet's soliloquies, I think it's the true representation of a tragedy, and uh, yeah, I like Shakespeare." he added lamely, his voice becoming smaller and smaller as everyone hung on to his every word.

 

"Hamlet?" a boy said, looking at Jonghyun. "I never read that one, I mean, I heard of it, but never read it."

 

His lip twitched upward at that, his flashing white teeth making his skin glow and Jinki's  break out in goose bumps. "Really? I have the play in my bag." he chirped smoothly, rummaging inside the bag on his side. "I keep it with me sometimes, it's really great." he handed it to the boy who marveled at it, eyes glinting with fascination.

 

"Thanks," he said, his black hair covering his eyes as he opened to the first page and began to read. "I'll give it to you as soon as I'm done."

 

"No worries, take your time."

 

 

Jinki found out that day that Jonghyun really liked Shakespeare, he couldn't believe it, he thought Kibum was kidding when he said that he knew almost every line to almost every play. He wasn't, and every word that came out of Jonghyun's mouth sounded like poetry to Jinki, it sounded like bells and doves flying and the rain softly hitting wet dirt, it sounded like everything Jinki ever wanted to hear about literature and then some.

 

He found out that Jonghyun also liked gothic literature, poems and stories by Edgar Allen Poe and Emily Dickinson. He liked the short story The Yellow Wallpaper, he liked the creeping and the workings of the human mind. He liked classics like Frankenstein and Dracula. He liked Anglo-Saxon epics like Beowulf and dystopian stories like Brave New World.

 

Jonghyun was a book in itself, he was a wise, old, scholar in the body of 17 year old boy. He was the sun at the end of the tunnel, he was a breath of fresh air with his stupid white hair and carefree smile.

 

and when the bell rang, no one wanted to leave, they all just wanted to sit around and listen to the popular Jonghyun recite Shakespeare and talk about the hidden meanings in books.

 

"Will you be coming back tomorrow?" one of them said, voice hopeful and high.

 

"I," he murmured, looking around, eyes glancing to Jinki's before looking down. "I don't think I can, maybe, um, maybe next time?"

 

"If you have nothing to do, hyung," Taemin started, scooting closer to him. "You can always come here, you're really smart, everyone really likes you, we come here everyday during lunch."

 

"Yeah, I will." he got up from the small place he was sitting on, moving the bag on his shoulder before bowing shortly and walking to the door. "I, uh, I guess I can come tomorrow."

 

Taemin jumped at that, pumping his arm in the air. "Great, hyung! I'll see you tomorrow then! Bye!"

 

"Bye," and he was gone and Jinki groaned, falling on his back and wondering where the hell his love for women went.

 

 

"I hate you," he told Kibum the next time he saw him. "I really, really hate you."

 

Kibum pretended to be surprised and rolled his eyes. "I knew you would come around."


 
 
Boom chapter 2 done! I'm so proud of myself for writing this, I can never write comedy, but I think Kibum is pretty damn funny in this chapter. Maybe it's just me. Oh well
 
Oh and you guys don't even know how scary it was to think about The Yellow Wallpaper at 4 o'clock in the morning. I freaking imagined the girl tearing at her yellow wall and biting it and creeping around the dude's dead body and it was scary as , let me tell you.
 
but other than that, I hope you guys enjoyed!!
 
Don't forget to comment and subscribe!! Have a wonderful day honnies<3