The day we said good morning

Teach Me What True Love Feels Like

It was the weekend. 

 
When I woke up the first thing I thought was that this was my first weekend with Byun Baekhyun. 
 
Technically not with Byun Baekhyun. 
But he was there. 
 
He was where no one had previously been.
In apartment 213.
 
As I brushed my teeth on that slightly chilly morning, I wondered why a day could be like every other day, but at the same time unlike any day there ever has been, and unlike any day that ever will be. 
 
The classical music started early today, while I was making my tea.
 
There was a loud bang from outside and I nearly dropped the hot liquid. 
 
I recognised it as the sound of apartment 213’s balcony door being flung open. 
 
A slightly hair-raised white fluffy cat sprung on to my balcony, and the classical music was louder. 
 
Opening my own door, I stepped out in to the cool air. 
 
Byun Baekhyun was on his balcony shaking and banging a pair of cushions together. 
 
“Good Morning Tae Jin!” he said with a cheery smile. 
 
“Tae is fine.” I said instead of greeting him. 
 
“Good morning Tae!” he said without missing a beat. 
 
“Good Morning Byun Baekhyun..”
 
“Baek is fine.” he said with a cheeky grin. 
 
The cat rubbed it’s white self against my black jeans, but I picked him up anyway. 
 
“Bella likes you.” he said as he placed the cushions down and proceeded to start hanging sheets from the little clothes lines we had.
 
So it was a girl. 
 
She purred in to my arms and I guess I was smiling because Baekhyun laughed and said “You should do that more often. Smile. It’s very becoming on you.” 
 
“I smile!” I said defensively. 
“Do you?” he said cheekily. “I guess I’m always too busy looking in to your eyes.” 
 
There was a lump in my throat when he said that and I wasn’t sure if I did smile or not, or what my name was, where I lived, and how old I was. 
 
Despite the internal confusion, I replied with a short “yes.”
 
“Say, Tae, what kinds of music do you like?” he asked, leaning on the metal railing. 
 
I reached out and touched the leaves on that tree that Byun Baekhyun had wanted to spend time in. 
 
“Oh. Lots. But one of my favourites is Feeling Good by Michael Bublé.” 
Baekhyun smiled and picked up his basket, which Bella had hopped in to. 
 
“Noted, Lee Tae Jin.” he said, opening his door to disappear in to that warm empty house. 
 
“Tae is fine.” I said to the wind he left behind.