Chapter 37 - In the nick of time

Eternal Devotion

Just to clarify it: I really love Suho but I needed some bad guy for the story ;)

 


Kris quickly got up and grabbed Kai by the neck.
“Lead me. Tell me where Tao is. You… you have his blood, so you can easily track him now, just like Suho.” The grip around Kai’s neck tightened and he clenched his fist.
“I swear, if he gets to him first and does anything to him, I’ll just kill you.”
With these threatening words, Kris dashed back to somewhere near the mansion. There he waited for Kai to tell him the direction and lead him.

*

The moment Kris had disappeared with Kai, everyone was really worried. They split up and tried to find them, or at least most of them. Suho didn’t look for his nephew, he took the shortest way towards Tao. Now that his secrets were about to be passed on to Kris, he had to be quick if he wanted to get a sip from Tao’s precious blood that will give him ultimate power and made him his.

Chanyeol and Tao were on their way back to the mansion. They decided to take the longer, but nicer walk through the forest. As not to destroy the peaceful atmosphere in the woods, they talked with low voices, so they got a huge shock when Suho suddenly appeared in front of them. Tao let go of his shopping bag and dropped it to the ground.

Suho seemed to be troubled the second he arrived but his expression changed shortly after.
“I’m sorry I have to do this, but there’s no other way.” He apologized before he dashed forwards and attacked Chanyeol who was smacked down hardly by the sudden movement. It happened so fast Tao at first didn’t realize anything.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Chanyeol shouted at the older and punched him so he could stand up again, but Suho only crunched his face in pain for a second. He grabbed Chanyeol by his collar and dashed away with him.

Tao was left alone trying to regulate his breathing after the shock he got but it didn’t get any better. He shouted the older vampires’ names and aimlessly ran around to search for them.
“Chanyeol! Chanyeol!! Where are you?!” But they were too far away fighting in another forest somewhere in North Korea.

Nobody would ever be able to deny that Suho was way stronger than Chanyeol, so it was not too difficult for Suho to finish him. With one last punch he made Chanyeol fall to the ground.
“D-don’t hurt him… please.” Chanyeol continuously begged despite almost being killed by the older.

“I can’t promise it won’t hurt, but… he’ll like it someday, the life he can live together with me and the power I can give to him.” Suho knelt down next to the younger, his eyes glowing with violence and madness. “Thank you for introducing him to me…” He leaned in and kissed Chanyeol as a symbol that he had won the fight before he left him to die alone in the forest so far away.

A few seconds later Suho appeared directly in front of Tao, making the younger scream in shock.
“S-Suho, what happened? What did you do? W-where is Chanyeol?” The boy asked in fear while stumbling backwards through the woods.

“He’s not here anymore… he followed your parents, so you need a new guardian now…” Suho explained calmly and took slow steps towards the frightened boy. Like this he really looked like a predator hunting his prey down.

“W-what? D-did you kill him?” The boy asked and whimpered when Suho grabbed his neck and forced him to go backwards until his back hit a tree.

“Yes I did… but I promise you won’t miss him when you’re with me.” Suho reached out his other hand and gently Tao’s pale cheek. “I will make you forget about anyone, just trust me. I just need some of your delicious blood.” His voice sounded so inviting and that made the whole thing even creepier. Everything around them seemed to have stopped, when Suho got closer and Tao’s neck.

The boy whimpered again when he felt a fang scratch the sensitive skin, but before Suho could make the bite, an explosion made both vampires fly through the air and land on the leaf-covered ground. What Tao thought had been an explosion were Kris and Kai who had dashed directly into Suho’s back.

Kai stumbled to the floor trying to breathe after Kris had grabbed the front of his neck so tightly. For a short time Suho and Tao were too shocked to notice something had happened but as soon as Tao recognized who had rescued him, tears immediately ran down his cheeks. “Kris!” The boy cried out, however the older didn’t respond in any way, didn’t even look at him.

Suho coughed and got up from the dirty ground, staring into Kris eyes “Hey, you want to join the dinner party?” He asked with a huge smile on his face, spreading his arms as to provoke Kris.

“You sick bastard… You disgust me so much, I can’t even look at you.” The elder huffed and took a glance at Tao and Kai who both were slowly walking towards Suho.

“W-what is this?” Tao asked in fear as he felt his legs move into the wrong direction, his body didn’t seem to take his orders anymore. Kai on the other side didn’t even try to resist anymore. He was already so used to Suho’s manipulation that he didn’t have the will to fight. A moment later both young vampires were standing on each of Suho’s sides. The older welcomed them with a short peck on the forehead and put his arms around them.

“See? They love me… can’t you just go back to Germany and let me live in paradise?” Suho suggested and smirked when he saw Kris’ unbelieving expression. “If you attack me now, they’ll both fight until their deaths to protect me, so…. What are you going to do Krissy?”

Tao felt like throwing up. He wanted to break free so badly, but he wasn’t able to move or say anything. Only his tears showed he was actually suffering. Kai’s glare was just empty like every time he had to be so close to his uncle.

“Even if I don’t kill you now… as soon as the other elders get to know you drank the blood of two children and even bonded with your own nephew..” Kris stopped at that point, too disgusted to go on “You’ll get the punishment you deserve.”

A loud crack announced the arrival of Suho’s big brother and his wife. Chen and Xiumin were following close behind. They had actually come to rescue Kai, but the problem seemed to be solved already, at least it looked like.

Unfortunately Suho’s brother had been the first to arrive and so was able to hear what Kris had said about Suho and Kai. You can say it didn’t make him all too happy.
“You… did what?”