17

Love me again?

You’ve been with Kris for a year and a half now and surely you guys did have your ups and down just like any other couples, especially when Kris decides to be overprotective and start doubting your love for him and when your insecurities got the better of you, the both of you quarreled quite a far bit but were still chummy, loving and happy to have each other’s companion. Albeit all the happy, angry and sad moments the two of you have been through, there’s always this question, which surfaced in your mind ever since a year ago. ‘Who is Kris?’ You never got the chance to ask him this question for he was always occupying all your time and thought that you only got to think about it when you were left alone.

This suspicion got the better of you when Kris started showering you with expensive gifts like – Givenchy, LV, Pandora, Chanel, Marc Jacobs and all the other expensive branded goods you can think of. You never knew much about his childhood except for the fact that he was born in China, migrated to Canada and then went over to Korea to study. You never knew that he stayed alone or had a car until that day when you slept over (which happened pretty frequently ever since then) at his. You never knew about his mom or his dad, if he had any siblings. Kris has never mentioned anything about his family to you before and you were far more than a bit curious as of now however you never got to get to the question of his family background and his childhood for you knew it wasn’t time before but maybe, just maybe, it would be a good time to start getting him to open up to you – moreover, you two have been in a relationship for more than a year.

“Babe, come over to my place later on please? I have something to tell you.” He whispered into your ears while you were eating with the boys.
“Why are you whispering? It’s not like the boys don’t know that I stay over at your place.” You continued his child play by whispering back.
“I don’t want them to work their imaginative minds.” He grinned and whispered back.
“Ok.” You continued playing along before giggling.
“Please refrain from talking or thinking sick at the lunch table. Thanks.” Sehun said while cutting his pork chop nonchalantly.
“Your face is ten times worse than mine Sehun. I’m your hyung, not one of your peasants who you order around.” Kris rolled his eyes before starting on his meal. Luhan laughed at Kris’s comment before getting stared down by Sehun.
“You’re supposed to be on my side, Lulu!!!” Sehun slapped his arm before sulking.
“Ah, ok ok, I’m always on your side Sehun ah~” Luhan tried pacifying the sulky boy.
“For god’s sake. Just shut up and eat your food Oh Sehun.” Kai kicked his leg from beneath the table, earning a glare and a pouty sulk from the baby.
“You look like a duck Sehunnie.” You commented while looking up at him briefly.
“I’VE HAD ENOUGH!” Sehun slammed his cutlery’s on the table, earning no one’s attention.
“You’re so sassy today.” Chen joined in the fun.
“Shut up and eat. You’re making too much noise.” Baekhyun chipped in. The poor sulky and ‘bullied’ boy held up his cutlery’s again before eating, earning a grin and a pat from Luhan.

The two of you bid goodbyes to the remaining and left for his place together. You were feeling pretty uneasy about what Kris had to say and your thoughts on asking him about his childhood and parents bothered you all at once. ‘Ask him before it’s too late!!’ You looked up at Kris and stared at him for a long while before he started taking notice.
“Yes princess? Why are you looking at me? Oh, I know. I’m too handsome right?” he chuckled before pecking you on your nose.
“Pfft. How egoistic.” You rolled your eyes before turning your attention back to the road ahead. 
“What is it that you wanted to ask me?”
You started panicking at his sudden question and doubted if you should ask him about it or kick up some fake alibi, which you know that he’ll believe. The confused look on your face gained Kris’s attention and he squeezed your hands, trying to hail you back to earth.
“I just… have something to ask you.” You glanced up at him whom he returned by corking his left brow.
“And what is it?” Kris frowned at your disability to answer him.
“You know we’ve been dating for a year and a half right??” you decided that maybe beating about the bush will help you garner more courage.
“Uh huh….??”
“And you should trust me right??” you questioned.
“If this is about your insecurities then please, please do not mention, I really don’t want you to feel upset all over again babe.” He looked concerned and frightened, as if he was about to cry if you mentioned about your insecurities again.
“No silly!” you giggled at his expression.
“Then what?”
“So… Erm… we should tell each other everything and not…Erm… hide anything from each other, am I right?” you tried avoiding eye contact with him but you could sense that he was already rolling his eyes.
Straight. To. The. Point.” Kris replied while emphasizing every single word.
“Ok here it goes. Why haven’t you spoke about of your childhood or parents to me?”

You were jerked backwards because Kris came to a halt in the middle of the road – It was as if he was frozen by a froze gun. ‘The day, which I have been avoiding has arrived.’ Kris thought to himself while you were busy tugging onto his hands. He knew that he could never hide it from you forever, even if it sounded like a good idea but he never expected you to ask him at such a timing – when the both of you were walking back to his place, supposedly in a rather jolly and loving mood with him wanting to tell you something that would make your day.
“Kris?? Are you ok??” you continued tugging and waving your hands in front of him before he came back to ‘earth’ a few seconds later.
“Why do you ask?” his tone was colder than before.
“I… just curious.” You smiled meekly at him before lowering your head.
“Let’s just get back to my place. I have things to tell you.” He said before speeding up.

Is he going to tell me everything or what…?’ 


I won't be able to update tomorrow as i'm going away tomorrow but I'll be back with a update on Sunday! (I think)
Thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting!
To all those who upvoted, thank you very much!! I really appreciate all your comments :)

xoxo

 

//13 Oct 9:37 - I don't know why the last few sentences didn't appear but here it is. I'm writing the 18th chapter now ;)