Day 2- The first date

His 30 Day Girl

I decided to get ready really early because I wanted to make sure I looked perfect for the date. I was really glad today was the day that Demi was going to visit her cousins because that way I could go see him without having to lie to Demi. It was bad enough that I had to lie and say I was sick to my best friend, but to lie about a guy when she already clearly didn’t accept him was worse. If Demi found out I know for sure she would get annoyed that we were supposed to be here together instead of going off with random boys.

I spent half of my time on getting ready just trying to put make-up on my face because I had panda eyes from lack of sleep. The reason behind that of was course because I stayed up thinking about Eli… Even his name just made me feel giggly. After finishing my make-up I curled my hair and god dressed. I wore my favourite cute floral dress with a belt. I then slipped on some cute heels and studied myself in the mirror. “Hmmm not to bad Lara” I said to myself happy with my efforts. I checked my phone and noticed a message from Demi

Lala I hope you feel better today!!! My cousins were excited to meet my BFF… well maybe next time?? Wish you were here TT.TT

 

I sighed. A wave of guiltiness rushed over me. “I’m sorry Demi” I mumbled to myself as I left to visit Eli. When I got their Eli was already waiting out the front. A smile lit up on his face when he noticed me coming. “Hey. Lara” he said as you got closer to him. “Hello Eli, how are you?” you beamed. “I’m better now that you’re here” he replied with a cheesy grin plastered on his face. My cheeks flushed a light shade of pink so I looked down at my feet so hopefully he wouldn’t notice. He lifted you chin so then you looked him in the eye “Hey your pretty cute when you blush Lara.” That only made my cheeks redder. He smiled and took my arm guiding me inside the café.

As he walked me outside to a private courtyard reserved especially for the two of us. “Wow its really pretty!” I sighed in awe. “Only the best for us” he replied and winked. He then gestured for me to take a seat with him at a cute table setting. He is so gentlemanly I thought.

After a few minutes of eating and small talk the question I had been dreading was brought up. “So how did you end up getting away from your friend? Demi wasn’t it? I was kinda surprised you even agreed to meet up with me after yesterday” he said awkwardly. There is no point to me lying because lets face it I am a terrible liar I thought. “Well she doesn’t really know I’m here to be honest” I said after a moments of silence and shuffling in my seat uncomfortably. “Well well well looks like I have a rebel on my hands” he retorted giving me a smirk. “But I’m… It’s just- But… I’m not- It’s not really like… Ummm I’m… just” I couldn’t really figure out what to say my words just kept getting jumbled and I was at a loss for words. I felt really stupid for my sudden loss for words. God damn it why does he have to smile at me like that??? Once again my cheeks flushed red.  He simply just let out a small chuckle “its ok I was only messing around with you.” Still kind of unsure if I could get my words out properly I just let out an awkward laugh in reply.

After the date was almost coming to an end I noticed Eli looking at me funny. I was unsure of what to say to him so I ignored it. As he walked me to the outside of the café he stopped me in my tracks “Hey ummm I forgot to ask, so how long are you in Korea for?” He asked while he looked down at the ground trying to hide his slightly red cheeks. I blinked in surprise “Well I’m here for thirty days.” We stood in silence for a moment. I tried to read his facial expression but he remained poker faced. “Well then do you suppose that you may wanna go on another date with me?” Eli asked with a slight nervousness in his voice. I hesitated “Sure just text me when you want to meet up.” Happiness, excitement and surprise all radiated through his smile. “Ok cool I will, so I guess I will see you later” He said as he embraced me. But before letting me go he whispered in my ear “I had a really great time, it was nice seeing you again.” His breathe so close to my ear sent shivers down my spine. As he ended the hug I replied “It was nice seeing you too.”

After we said our goodbyes we went our separate ways. As I walked down the street I couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face. I replayed the date over in my mind. Everything had gone pretty well… Maybe except the conversation when Demi was brought up. I’m pretty sure me walking down the street with a goofy smile plastered on my face made me look kinda nuts but I didn’t really care. All I knew was I was looking forward to seeing Eli again.