Chapter 7

How to Win A Guy in 10 Days


"Seul Gi... broke up with you?" It hurt me to see my brother in pain. He was always a tough cookie no matter what happened, but when it came to Seul Gi... he was most vulnerable. 

"She just called me and said, 'We're over.'" He buried his face in his hands and mumbled, "I don't know what I did wrong, Ri In." 

I could tell he was on the verge of tears. I just sat there in silence for around 10 minutes while Yunho cried. Eventually, he fell asleep on the couch, so I took a blanket and placed it on his shivering body. 

Since it was so late, I decided not to call a maid to clean the mess up (and plus, I don't want my dad to find out.) I headed over to the kitchen, which was the main victim of the "Yunho Tornado" and started picking up the glass pieces from the vase Yunho had smashed against the wall. Suddenly, a warmth took over my body. I turned around to see Junsu's arms wrapped around me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying not to sound cruel. 

His face inched closer towards mine, "I'll help you clean this up." He backed up and headed towards the trashcan. I was disappointed that I didn't get that kiss I was expecting. I took a broom out of the closet and threw it to him. 

"Are you mad or something?" He asked, while tilting his head to the side like a confused kid. 

"Not at all." I responded and gave a smile. I looked down and started to sweep the glass pieces. 

"Ri In?"

"Hmm?" As I turned around to face him, I found his lips on mine. 



"Surprise." He said as soon as he broke our kiss. 

Days left: 7.


I marched back and forth in front of Seul Gi's porch wondering if I should ring the door bell or not. Is it really okay to into other people's relationships?


... Who am I kidding? 

And so, I rang the bell obnoxiously while holding a pint of Rocky Road. A girl with morning bed hair opened the door with red, blood-shot eyes. 

"Ri In? What are you doing here?" She rubbed her swollen eyes. 

"Oh please, like you don't know why I'm here. You have a lot of explaining to do missy." I barged in her house. 

"Ri In, I don't want to talk about it." She pointed out the door indicating for me to leave. 

I brought the ice cream up to her face. 

"What flavor?" She gulped. 

"Your favorite, Rocky Road." 

She bit her lips and hesitantly said, "Get the spoons." 

She scooped out 2 scoops of ice cream before speaking, "So how is he?" 

"Horrible. He's a mess. Our house is a mess." 

"Omo, it's that bad, huh?" 

She acted as if she was doing perfectly fine, but according to her blood-shot eyes, the trashed bedroom, and the pictures of Yunho lying on her bed, she was doing just as bad as him. 

"Seul Gi, why did you break up with him?" I got straight to the point. 

"I... I don't love him anymore." 

"Bull." 

"Huh?" 

"You're obviously lying." I pointed to the pictures. 

"I was going to return those back to him." She picked all of the pictures up. 

I looked at her straight in the eyes, "Don't you dare lie to me Seul Gi." 

She hugged me and I felt her tears fall onto my brand new shirt, "I... my dad.." 

"What?" 

"My dad arranged a marriage for me!" Her tears fell harder on my shirt. My brand new shirt. 

"BWOH?" 

She sniffed, "He said that we needed to combine companies for more money or something." Tch. Is that all parents care about now a days? 

I patted Seul Gi on the back, "Everything will be fine. Yunho will do something about it." 

Her head bolted up, "No! Don't tell him!" 

"Why not?" I put my hands on my hips. 

"Because, he is going to beat the guy up! Then, our company will go out of business." I sighed. It was true, Yunho is [overly] protective when it came to his 2 most precious people, Seul Gi and me. He will beat up ANYONE. 

"Fine, I promise I won't tell him." 

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Ri In!" She hugged me, "And if you tell him a word, your eyes will be stabbed 1,000, no 10,000,000 times by a needle!" 

"Eh?" 

"100?" 

... 

"Fine, if you tell I get your new shoes!" 

I smiled, "Araso." 

She stuck out her pinky, "Pinky swear on your life?" I laughed at her childish acts and connected pinkies with her. 

"Pinky swear." 

She scooped another scoop of ice cream, "So I hear you and Junsu are dating." 

"How did you hear that already? It's only been a day!" 

She grinned and showed me a picture on her phone, "Jaejoong sent me pictures." 


That little..

I speed dialed his number. 

Ring ring ring 

"Hello?"

"Jaejoong! You!" 

"... leave a message after the beep. Bye!" Man! I always get tricked by his answering machine. 

"Jaejoong! Get your on the phone. Who told you to spy on Junsu and me? and why didn't you send me the pictures?! Call me back and send me some pictures! Did you take them from my good side? Love ya! Bye bye." 

I hung up and looked at Seul Gi, "Now... how are we going to get you unengaged?" 




"Testing, testing. 1 2 3" I spoke into the tiny microphone. 

"Ri In I can hear you fine. Now, can we start?" She placed the earpiece into her ear. 

"Araso, araso. Now remember, act as annoying and obnoxious as possible. Also, do exactly as I tell you." 

"Alright, how do I look?" I examined the outfit she wore that we had thrown messily together for her first meeting with 'the guy'. We didn't know his name yet, so we just call him 'the guy'. Ripped jeans, oversized t-shirt, and sandals was the farthest we could get from being formal

"You look horrible. You're ready!" What's our plan you ask? Repulse 'the guy' as much as possible so that he'll call off the engagement! It's brilliant, right? All my idea! 

She walked unladylike towards the man in the shiny black suit. He turned around and faced her. Oh god, he's cute. Where have I seen him before? S.. what's his name? Si... Siwon! He pulled out a chair for Seul Gi to sit on. She gracefully accepted and sat down. 

I cleared my throat before talking into the microphone, "Now Seul Gi, don't fall for his good looks." 

Her finger made a tiny 'OK' sign that only I could see, "Okay, now pretend to knock down the drink." Her hand reached out for the cup, but she pulled back and folded her arms together. 

"What are you doing? Think of Yunho!" As soon as the words 'Yunho' slipped out, Seul Gi knocked down her drink on Siwon's expensive shoes. Score! 

"Good job. Now... I haven't thought of the next thing yet, um pick your nose?" 

If I could read face expressions, her face would be saying, "IN PUBLIC? YAH!" Unexpectedly, her fingers reached up towards her nose... almost there... 

Siwon grabbed her hands and took her somewhere. It hadn't registered in my slow mind that they were leaving because it had been too much of a shock. I tried to follow, but he was way too fast in his sports car. I reached in my pockets for taxi money.

I stepped in and yelled, "Follow that car!" 

"Miss, it's against the law to speed that quickly." I stuck out a wad of cash. 

"Is this enough?" He turned his head back to the street and drove quickly to follow Siwon's car. Finally, Siwon had stopped driving after a hard 10 minutes. He stepped out and pulled Seul Gi with him. I thanked the ahjusshi and stepped out and hid behind one of the cars near me. 

The foolish taxi man rolled down a window and yelled out, "Do you need your change?" 

I signaled for him to leave. When I turned my back to see where Seul Gi and Siwon were, they were already gone. 

... 

Aish! 

I stood back up and found Siwon standing right behind me. He put his hands over my mouth to prevent me from screaming, "Hello, Ri In. Long time no talk since the break up, huh?"

"What do you want with me?" We were sitting at his kitchen table. Seul Gi was sent home by Siwon's driver while I was forced to stay back. 

"I saw you spying on us." 

"Stop being so conceited. You were just in the way of my view." I huffed and folded my arms together. 

"Is that why Seul Gi had that earpiece in her ear?" Didn't I tell her to keep it hidden? Aigoo. What lame excuse do I use now?

"She has hearing problems." Nice one Ri In. 

He smiled, which showed his y dimples, and took my hand, "Stop making up excuses Ri In. If you wanted to get back with me, just say so." 

I laughed loudly, "Okay, you are sooo off." 

"Then why would you spy on us?" 

"Can you call of the engagement?" 

"Bwoh? Why would I do that?"

"Because Seul Gi doesn't want to be with you." His hands gripped mine tightly. 

"Why wouldn't she want to be with ME? I mean come on, it's ME, Siwon." 

"She has someone."

"Who?" 

"Someone." 

"Tell me." His hands gripped even harder. 

"Ow! Siwon, you're hurting me." 

He pulled me closer to him. I tried to back up but he was much stronger. 

"Let go of me!" 

He smiled again, "No." 

He leaned forward and was about to kiss me. 

But then he stopped midway. 

"I'll break off my engagement with Seul Gi." 

"Really?!" 

"Yeah, but I need one favor." 

"What is it?" 

"You marry me instead." 

I burst out laughing. "You were always so funny, Siwon!" 

His expression turned serious, "That's not funny. I'm not joking, Ri In." 

I stopped laughing, "Why would you want to marry me after I dumped you?" 

"That's the thing. I didn't break up with you, you broke up with me." 

"Never. Also, I'm dating someone. And no, I'm not going to tell you who." 

He stood up and walked away. Before he left the room, he turned around, "Fine. The engagement with Seul Gi is still on."




"Seul Gi." I was at home on my bed. 

"Ri In? Tell me what happened! He didn't do anything bad to you, right?" 

"No, I'm fine, but..." 

"But what?" 

"Your engagement is still on." 

I heard yelling outside. 

"What was that?" I yelled, forgetting I was on the phone with Seul Gi. 

"What was what?" She asked me. 

"Seul Gi, I'm going to call you back." 

"Wait-" I hung up before she finished her sentence, on accident of course. 

I stepped outside to see a bickering Jaejoong and Yunho. 

"Hey Joongie!" I waved to Jaejoong. I was ignored because they were still arguing. 

"No. You can't!" Yunho yelled to Jaejoong. 

"Why not? You usually let me. What's wrong with you today?" Jaejoong responded. 

Oh God, Jaejoong. Don't provoke him. 

"What's going on you guys?" I decided to interrupt their little lovers' quarrel. 

"Nothing!" They both responded and then returned to their fight. 

"Yunho, just for a few days!" 

"You always say that but it ends up being a few weeks." 

"You never had a problem with it before!" Jaejoong was right, I think. What are they talking about again? 

Wait, why is Jaejoong wearing a jacket? It's warm in my house. 


"Joongie! Take off your jacket, you're making me hot just looking at you!" 

I finally realized what they were talking about, "Did your dad hit you again?" 

"No..." 

I quickly ped his jacket and saw a few bruises and scars, "That's it! I'm calling the police." 

I walked towards the phone but he grabbed me tightly, "Don't." 

"Why do you let him do this to you?" 

"Don't worry about it. It's my problem, not yours." He said somewhat coldly. Fine, I won't worry about you! 

He turned back to Yunho, "You know what? I don't need your help." He walked towards the door. 

I beat him to the door and blocked the way, "Where are you going?" 




Jaejoong sighed, "I'm running away, do you want to join me?"