Chapter 5

How to Win A Guy in 10 Days

So here we are, I'm on one side of the bed blushing as red as a tomato, and he's on the other, still half . And we're both looking at the wall hopelessly looking for a way to magically erase all of this. 

"So..." We both said at the same time. 

"You go first." We both said again at the same time. 

"No you." We said. 

"Okay, I'll go." We both said, again. This is a lot harder than expected... 

"Well..." I quickly said, "let's just pretend that never happened." 

"Agreed." He responded. 

"... so why were you bleeding?" I asked curiously. 

"...so why were you stripping?" He responded. 

"I was not! My pants fell down! And why were you being emotional?" 

"I was not! I was trying to..." 

"Trying to what? Kill yourself? Is it because of Boa?" As soon as those words slipped from my mouth, I regretted it. 

"No." His expression had changed. 

"Oh, um� sorry for asking." I awkwardly stood up. 

"I was trying to tweeze." 

I couldn't contain myself and fell to the floor clutching my stomach, "TWEEZING?" 

After about 3 minutes of laughing Junsu finally spoke up, "You're mean." He folded his arms and pouted. 

I felt bad. Me, Ri In, felt bad? Ehmagawd, I'm turning soft! 

"Okay, I'll stop laughing! Let's take a walk outside or something." 

His stomach growled, "Can we get ice cream too?" 

"No! You just ate..." 

"Please?" His eyes widened and he put his hands together in a begging sort of way. 

"Fine..." Who can resist that cuteness?
 





"One mint chocolate chip please!" Junsu said. He turned to me, "What do you want?" 

"Nothing..." I rubbed my arms and looked around the streets. The rain had just cleared up and there were puddles of water everywhere. 

"Double scoop for the loving couple!" The ice cream man said as he stuck out the cone. 

"Ahjushi, we're not a ---" 

"YES WE ARE!" Junsu rudely interrupted. 

"Since when?" 

"Today!" He winked at me. 

Huh? 
Mission complete? Already? WAIT UNTIL I TELL YUNHO! HAHAH-- 
Junsu pulled me by the arm and we both ended up running to the park . When we got there, we sat down on a bench. 




While trying to control my breath I asked, "Why did you tell him we're a couple?" 

"I wanted an extra scoop." 

"Oh..." I stared at my shoes as Junsu finished eating the last of his cone. 

I'm desperate, oh so very very desperate. Maybe I should just tell him about the bet and pretend to be my boyfriend. He'll understand, right? 

"Junsu...?" I looked straight up at him and saw that his lips were covered in ice cream. I couldn't help but giggle. 

"What?" 

"Your lips... they're so messy." I said as I covered my mouth so he wouldn't see me laughing. 

He his lips in an oh-so-y way, "Did I get it?" 

"No. Here let me get it for you." I used my finger to wipe it off for him. 

He blushed, "Thanks..." 

We sat there in silence for a few seconds. This is like one of those moments in Korean dramas where the guy will turn the girl around and kiss her passionately. I turned around slowly and braced myself. It seemed like the right moment, no? 

"What are you doing?" He asked me. 


Oh gosh, that's embarrassing. 

"Nothing..." I responded. 

"Ri In, what's that?" He pointed toward something behind me. I turned around and saw cars simply driving as usual. 

"I don't see anything." I said as I turned around. 

Then he kissed me. 






Just kidding. 

Instead, he said, "MADE YOU LOOK!" Then he got up and ran away. 

"COME BACK! You called me mean?!" I chased after him. We ran for quite some time, and before we knew it, we landed in the middle of the streets...on top of each other. Before I knew it, I saw a bright light coming towards me

Now you'd think, 'Oh gee, someone gets ran over trying to save the other, right?' 

Wrong. 


I wish. 


The car screeched as the driver stepped on his brakes and stepped out. 

"Ri In?" He asked me. 

I squinted trying to see who it was... 

"Yunho?" Oh no. 

"Hyung! It's you! I thought I would be stuck here forever!" Junsu said not knowing he was going to be murdered. 

"Aren't you guys suppose to be home?" He took a step to take a closer look at us, "WHY ARE YOU GUYS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER?" 

I realized that I was still lying on top of him. I turned my head back down and was face to face with him. We were nearly an inch apart... 

...nevermind, 
a centimeter apart. 

Then, Yunho pulled me off of him. 

"We're going home." He roughly said to me. 

I felt a raindrop on my nose, "But it's raining." 

"So?" 

"Junsu... he has to walk back in the rain? It's more than a mile away, he'll get sick!" 

He shot me a look, "Since when did you care?" 

I turned to Junsu. 

"I'll be okay, you can leave." He said to me as he headed back. 

"Oppa! You're just going to let him walk back?" 

"Sorry Rinnie, I told you I was going to kill him if you weren't back." 

"We were locked out!" 

"And that's why I'm not killing him. Let's go." He grabbed me and I was forced in the car. 



As we drove back, I saw Junsu walking alone. His newly dried clothes became wet all over again. 

Sorry Junsu. It's all my fault... 

The next day.



days left: 8.


So I was happily skipping around talking about horses and ponies, while having breakfast with my dad and brother as we talked about school, while eating bacon and pancakes and drank milk and talked about how I volunteered -- Tch. Yeah right! 

"ACHOO!" 

... and that's how my day started. My nose was pink due to constantly wiping the snot coming down. Ew. 

Yunho came in with a bowl that had steam rising up, "Feeling better kiddo?" 

I groaned. 

"I guess not. This will make it all better!" He handed me the burning bowl of seaweed soup. 

"OW!" I dropped all of it on my lap. My thighs were burning! 

"Yikes!" He quickly pulled the sheets off and carried me. 

"What are you doing?" 

"We don't want your pretty skin to scar, now do we?" He grinned as he placed me in my bathtub and ice cold water. My bathtub is big enough to fit 4 people, so I... pulled him in to join me. 

*Grins evilly* 

After our cold bath (with clothes on), he went to his own bathroom to take a warm shower. 

I quickly splashed my body with some warm water and went back to my room. I scanned my closet for some clean clothes, and .after a 3 minute debate, I chose to wear a yellow fleece shirt with a long sleeved pink shirt inside. I put on my denim skirt then my gold butterfly earrings. I slipped into my pink checkered converse and bam! Perfect. 

I walked outside and closed the door gently so Yunho wouldn't hear. I had 2 hours until Yunho would be done showering and cooking lunch with Changmin (but he really just watches.) 

It took roughly 5 minutes to get to Junsu's house. As I rang the doorbell, a little kid answered. 

"Annyeong!" The kid said waving to me. 

I waved back, "Are you Junsu's brother?" 

"Yep! My name's Inhwan. I'm 7 years old, and love cars. Also, I'm cuter than my brother!" 

Huh? 

I pinched his cheeks, "My name's Ri In!" 

"You're pretty! Can I call you Rinnie nuna?" 

I frowned. Only family can call me that (and Jaejoong.) 

"Uhh.." I looked around awkwardly, "Where's your brother?" I asked hoping to avoid the subject. 

"He's in his room! It's upstairs, where all of the bathrooms are. My room too! And my mommy's and daddy's. They sleep together. Can you believe it? Gross! Boy and girl, TOGETHER? My brother says I shouldn't say that because it was how I was born, but I don't get it. Do you?" 

Uh oh. Do I give him the "talk"? He's so young...

"Uhhh." I saw a young lady coming towards me. 

"Inhwan! You're not supposed to open the door to strangers." 

"But... she's Junsu's friend..." He frowned. 

"Annyeonghaseyo(Hello). I'm Jang Ri In. Junsu's classmate." 

"Nice to meet you! I'm glad he's friends with someone so pretty." I blushed.

"Are you Junsu's sister?" 

She laughed, "No, I'm his mom." She looked no older than 25 years old! 

I liked talking to his mom because she was nice, but I really wanted to see Junsu. His mom seemed to know I was thinking that so she led me up to his room. 

I knocked on the door. 

No answer. 

I knocked again. 

No answer. 

I decided to go in. There he was, lying under the covers. I could hear his deep breaths, and between every other breath, there was coughing. 

"Junsu?" I whispered. 

He didn't respond. 

I pulled a chair next to his bed. "Sorry for making you sick..." 

He coughed again. I assumed he was sleeping since he didn't answer. 

"I can't believe it. First, I make a bet on you, then I make you sick?" 

*Cough cough.* 

"I'm sorry, Junsu. I really don't want to break your heart either." I paused, "I think I'm... falling for you." 

*Cough cough.* 

I stood up and headed for the door. Just as I touched the door knob I heard another cough. 

But then, I heard the slightest, 
"Eunkyangkyang.

Dear lord, please tell me that's just a dolphin toy.