Chapter 3

How to Win A Guy in 10 Days

Breathing was becoming more difficult. 

"Ri In? Are you okay?" Junsu asked, leaning awfully close to me. Although I would usually enjoy that, but during allergic reactions, I would start sweating, have breathing problems, and sometimes I would throw up. 

"Call... the ... " I didn't even finish my sentence before I ran to the bathroom to vomit. Meanwhile, Junsu was talking to someone on the phone. 

"Yunho? I don't know what's happening! Your sister... she's... she's... I gave her coffee cake.. oh, she's allergic? My gosh, I'm so sorry! Yeah... okay... I think she's done throwing up... okay see you at the hospital." He knocked on the door gently. 

"Ri In? Are you okay?" Junsu whispered softly. 

"Yeah,I think I'm okay now." I said while rinsing my mouth with water and a lot of mouth wash. I could feel sweat drop down from my forehead so I cooled down my face with a few splashes of water. My breathing didn't calm down so I took deep breaths hoping Junsu wouldn't notice. I wasn't going to let one whole day go to waste. 

"Let's continue watching." I said as I walked toward the T.V. 

"You need to go to the hospital." He grabbed my arm. 

"No! I'm perfectly okay." I said trying to get loose from him. 

"Let's go. I'm taking you there." He commanded, his grasp getting tighter. He pulled me toward his car and forced me in the seat. He drove extremely quickly and that made me want to throw up even more. 

When we arrived, I ran out and threw up on the sidewalk. He pulled me to the hospital and we waited for 30 minutes before a doctor came. 

"Jang Ri In? You may come in now." The doctor made me sit in a chair as he examined me. He gave me a shot and stuck a tube to my arm. Then, I heard loud footsteps running outside. 

"Where is she?" It was Yunho. I heard sobbing so I assumed Seul Gi was there also. 

Yunho and Seul Gi barged in the door. 

"RI IN!!!" Seul Gi cried out as she ran up to squeeze me. 

"Seul Gi, I'm fine. This happens all the time." I said as I patted her on top of her head. 

"Ri In... how could you not even tell that it was a coffee cake? Babo!" Yunho looked at me disappointed. I could tell they rushed here because his hair and shirt was all ruffled up and Seul Gi's make-up was messed up. 

I blinked hard because my vision was getting blurry. I tried to stay awake, but my eyes drooped down unwillingly. I barely heard Yunho leaning over me and whispering, "Goodnight, Ri In."

 

Days left9.



I opened my eyes to see a room where all the windows were open and the sun was brightly shining. I looked down at my arm to see it connected to the tube from last night. Yunho was sleeping on a couch as Seul Gi leaned on his shoulder. Junsu had just walked in holding 3 cups of coffee and 1 coke. 

"You're awake?" He asked me. 

"Yep. I woke up like... one second ago." He handed me a freshly brewed coffee. 

"Do I need to remind you why I'm here?" I giggled as he gave me the coke and took back the coffee. 

"Oh. Sorry about that..." He scratched his head and looked guilty. "And about last night..." 

"No, don't worry about it. It's not like you would know I'm allergic anyways. Plus, I didn't die right?" I said jokingly. He seemed to take it a bit too seriously because his eyes widened. 

An awkward silence fell upon us. I tried to think of something to say, but I couldn't. 

"Riinieee!!!" Came a deep but happy voice running toward me. It was Yoochun. He gave me a hug and then Changmin came in and joined the hug. 

"Hey guys!" I said smiling happily. I barely got to see them now-a-days. 

"THAT'S NO FAIR! I HAVE TO HOLD ALL THIS FOOD!" Jaejoong came in yelling with a pile of to-go boxes that covered his face. 

"Jaejoong!" I said getting up to help him. 

"Sit down!" A voice commanded me. 

That was the voice of a pissed Yunho. 

I froze where I was standing and immediately followed his orders. I lowered my head avoiding eye contact with him. 

"Can we get some privacy?" Yunho asked, but it sounded like a demand. They walked out staring at each other wonder what was happening. 

"Listen... oppa...I'm --" 

"Did you guys... do anything? 

"Uh...we... we only worked on a project and watched some T.V." I truthfully answered. What is he thinking?

"What did you watch?" 

"A mystery drama..." I answered awkwardly at my overprotective brother. 

"That's good then." He flicked the piece of lint on his jacket. 

"By the way, you're walking to school everyday now for the rest of the year." He grinned at me. 

Ugh... 



now my hair is going to be messy at school. 

1 hour later - 

We were all sitting at one table in a restaurant. The left side: Jaejoong, Me, Seul Gi, and Yunho. The right side: Changmin, Junsu (across from me), Boa, and Yoochun. We were all chatting loudly in our private, reserved room. Yoochun kept flinging rice at me as I threw some back. Secretly, I would look in the corner of my eyes to see if Junsu was watching me. 
Nine more days, Ri In. Only nine more days.. You have 9 days for him to break up with Boa, make him fall madly in love with you, and one more day to break his heart and break up with you. Fantastic. 

After a few minutes of eating quietly, Boa threw her fork on her plate roughly and stood up. We all looked up at the feuding couple. 

"Boa, don't leave." Junsu said holding her arm. 

"I'm sorry, Junsu." She yelled trying to get free from him. 

He stood up, but she pushed him back down on his seat and ran out in tears. He sighed. 
We just sat there wondering what happened until someone finally spoke up. 

"Hyung, what happened?" Changmin asked. 

"She's leaving for 2 years to New York." Everyone's eyes widened, but I was fighting a smile that was coming on. 

"Why?" I asked immediately as I leaned over to get closer to him. 

"For dance. She got offered a job as a dancer." He said as he fiddled around with the leftover piece of meat. 

"I'm sorry.." I lied as I leaned back down in my seat. I glanced over at Yunho who looked back at me. I gave him a slight smile as he rolled his eyes. 

Now I can be the one to comfort him during his "lonely" times. When he's sad, mad, or anything. There will be no girlfriend in our -- 

"She doesn't want to break up. She wants me to wait for 2 years." He said as he finally stuck the last piece of meat in his mouth. 

"So are you going to wait?" I asked as I sat down in Boa's empty chair. Ha, I was literally replacing her. 

"No, but she says she'll come back for me. I don't know what my feelings will be like in 2 years." 

Well don't worry Junsu. You can go back to her in a few days. I grinned at my thoughts. Junsu looked at me like I was some crazy person. 

"What? I like the lighting in here." I made-up. He just shrugged. After we finished eating, we all said our good-byes. Since Yunho had to drop Seul Gi off, he left in a hurry. I lied to him and said Jaejoong was dropping me off, but actually I went with Junsu. 

"So Junsu..." I said in the midst of our awkward silence. 

"Yeah?" He asked still concentrating on the road. 

"If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here." I said as I took his free hand. He pulled away. 

"Thanks Ri In, but I'll be okay." You say that now, but you'll see.. you'll see. 

"Also, if you need a girlfriend... I'll be here for you." I bravely told him. 

"WHAT?" He finally turned to me with wide eyes. 

I heard someone outside the car yelling, "WATCH OUT!" 

Junsu turned the car frantically trying not to hit whatever came in our way. Too late. 

Junsu stepped outside the car and looked at what he just hit. He looked speechless. 

I yelled to him as I stuck my head out the window, "What did you hit?" 

"..." 

I frantically opened the door and asked him as I stepped out, "You hit something... right? Not SOMEONE?" 





"..."