Shop 'Til You Drop

The Typical Story (with a twist)

     All week long, all Sulli could talk about was going to the mall Saturday. There were some sales that she just had to hit. She wanted all of the guys at their lunch table to go with her. At first, Minho wasn’t too keen on going, shopping isn’t his thing. Eventually he decided that getting to spend an afternoon with Kibum outweighed the fact that it would be at the mall. Jinki agreed to drive the group in his seven passenger SUV. This meant, of course, that Jonghyun joined the group that consisted of Sulli, Kibum, Minho, Jongin, and Tao.

      In the car Sulli did everything she could to maneuver the seating arrangement so that Minho was sitting next to her. After several minutes of persuading and ordering, she got her wish. To Minho’s surprise however, Kibum was on his other side.

      Jongin turned around in his seat and put his hand on Minho’s knee. “I can’t stand to be apart from you like this! Why didn’t you sit by me baby?” He said greasily, with his other hand on his heart.

      “It’s okay sweetheart. I’m always next to you in my heart,” Minho said with a wink. They cooked at each other for about five seconds and then burst out laughing.

      “Why do you two always do that?” Sulli asked.

      “Do what?” Jongin asked, not bothering to remove his hand from Minho’s knee.

      “Why do you two always play as if you’re lovers and flirt with each other?” Sulli said, her tone implying that they should have known what she was talking about. The boys looked at each other and shrugged.

      “It’s fun,” Minho put his hand on top of Jongin’s that was on his knee. “We don’t mean anything by it. Nothing wrong in a harmless flirtation.” Sulli humphed but before she could say anything else, they’d arrived at the mall. They all got out of the car and headed inside.

      The first hour of shopping went exactly as Minho had expected it to go. Sulli dragging the guys from store to store. What he wasn’t expecting was that Tao and Kibum were as into the shopping as Sulli. As the group was walking toward the food court, he heard someone shouting his name.

     “Minho! Choi Minho!” Minho tried to duck and hide but his friends heard the shouts and stopped and turned around. Walking towards them were two men, one of them was more beautiful than most girls, and the other had blonde hair and a smile that showed off the deep and adorable dimple on his left cheek. The blonde cut through the group and headed straight for Minho. A seemingly endless stream of questions regarding his well-being flew from the blonde’s mouth.  

     “Teukie hyung, please stop! You just saw me last weekend!” Minho was finally able to stop the blonde’s monologue.

      “I know, but it’s the first week you’ve been at your school. I’ve just been so worried. Haven’t I Heenim?” he turned to his companion who merely smiled and nodded.

      “I’m sorry hyung. I should have called you last night. Let me introduce you to my friends. This is my roommate, Jonghyun hyung and his brother Kibum, Kibum’s girlfriend Sulli, Jinki hyung, Jongin, and Tao. Everybody, this is Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung. I lived with them this summer,” Minho introduced everyone. Heechul and Leeteuk smiled and acknowledged the bows and greetings of Minho’s friends. Heechul could barely contain his smirk as he sensed there was a positive change in Minho. He was certain that one of the young men in Minho’s group of friends was responsible for it.

      “Why don’t you and your friends join us for some ice cream? Our treat,” Heechul suggested. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at this but then realized Heechul’s true intentions of divining who was behind Minho’s positivity. The group readily agreed, after all, no one turns down free food. When the group reached the ice cream shop, Heechul went to claim some tables while Leeteuk ordered their ice cream and paid for the teenager’s orders. Sulli followed him to the tables after sharply ordering Kibum to get her the fat-free, sugar-free vanilla, only one scoop. Sulli sat down in a chair close to Heechul and scooted it even closer.

      “How exactly do you know Minho oppa?” Sulli asked Heechul. She sat arranged in a way so that her shirt maximized her scant cleavage. Heechul had to bite back a laugh at the girl’s misplaced attempts at seduction.

      “His older brother and his brother-in-law were my hoobaes when we were in high school. We kept in touch through the years. When Minho needed a place to stay after getting back from Paris we invited him to stay with us,” Heechul replied. His answer only set Sulli’s mind awhirl with even more questions. Before she could ask any of her questions though, the others returned with the ice cream. Kibum set Sulli’s single scoop of ice cream in front of her. Without a thank you she began eating and watching the others. Minho had sat as close to her and Kibum as he could. While he was joking and playing around with the guys he would look over in their direction frequently. Looking at her she was sure. Heechul’s hawk eyes had noticed the frequent glances, as had Jonghyun. They both came to the (correct) conclusion that Minho had a major crush on one Kim Kibum. When Minho’s phone went off, he left the ice cream shop to answer it. Heechul decided to take advantage of this opportunity to find out more about this Kibum who had so captivated Minho.

      “So Sulli,” Heechul said, leaning in. “How long have you and Kibum been dating?” He almost felt bad for semi-flirting with the girl but decided nothing was too devious when it comes to Minho’s happiness.

     “Oh, we’ve been together for three months now,” Sulli replied.

      “How about you oppa? Surely someone as handsome as you has a girlfriend.”

      “Nope, no girlfriend. I’m actually married,” Heechul said, holding up his left hand to show the ring on his ring finger. Before Sulli could formulate a response Leeteuk leaned over and put his left hand on Heechul’s shoulder.

      “Heenim, I completely forgot to tell you. Your father called this morning. He’s planning a surprise party for your mother’s birthday next week. I told him he could use our apartment for it,” Leeteuk said, sneaking a spoonful of Heechul’s ice cream as he spoke. Sulli’s mouth dropped when she heard what he said and saw the ring on Leeteuk’s finger was identical to the one on Heechul’s.

      “Okay babe, but I’m not helping you clean,” Heechul replied.

      “Look, there’s Kyuhyun.” Kibum, who had been watching the exchange between Sulli and Heechul in silent amusement, bristled as he caught sight of Kyuhyun entering the ice cream shop. He almost growled when he saw that Kyuhyun was holding hands with a man that was not Minho.

      “Hi hyungs, I saw Minho outside talking on the phone so I decided to come in. I want to introduce you and him to my boyfriend, Jongwoon,” Kyuhyun said, as he and Jongwoon took a seat. “Minho said he’d be back in as soon as he made sense of Zhou Mi’s ramblings.” Kibum looked around in surprise as no one, not even Jonghyun batted an eye when Kyuhyun said Jongwoon was his boyfriend. You would think Minho’s friends would be at least a little upset about this situation.

      “Sorry about that,” Minho re-entered and sat back down at the table. “Zhou Mi ge was so excited about what he had to tell me that he kept switching between French, Chinese, and Korean. It took be a little while to figure out what he was saying.”

      “What’s got Seasoning’s in a twist?” Heechul asked, earning himself a smack on the head from Leeteuk for the nickname.

      “Ge got a job for doing a photo shoot and walking the runway for one of the big designers here in Seoul. They’re coming here next Saturday and will be here for a month!” Minho’s face lit up at the thought of having his hyung and his ge around for so long.

      “Wait! Zhou Mi? THE Zhou Mi? The Chinese model who is an alumnus from our school and lives and works in Paris?” Sulli exclaimed.

      “Yeah.”

      “You know him?” Sulli squealed, her voice nearing tones only heard by dogs.

      “Yeah.”

      “Can I meet him?”

      “Sure.” With that response, Sulli checked out and didn’t hear anything else of the conversation. This is an unfortunate occurrence for Sulli but helps Minho out, in the long run.

      “Minho, I want you to meet someone,” Kyuhyun said after the furor over the return of the model and the doctor died down. “This is Jongwoon, my boyfriend.”

     “It’s a pleasure to get to meet you Minho,” Jongwoon said while Minho bowed. “Kyuhyun has told me how close you two are. You seem like such a nice guy that I almost feel bad for taking your bed buddy from you.” Those in the know laughed but Kibum, Jongin, and Tao just looked at each other confusedly. (Even though he had no clue what was going on, Jinki laughed too. Sometimes life is just easier that way.)

      “I’m glad that Kyu hyung has found his perfect match. I wouldn’t wish him back in my bed for anything,” Minho said with a wink. The group erupted into laughter that awoke Sulli from her daze. With a pout she realized that she had lost the thread of the conversation and it no longer had anything to do with her. Kibum spent the rest of the evening watching Minho. He was looking for any signs of sadness or upset. To his surprise, Minho seemed fine, even when Kyuhyun and Jongwoon got all coupley in the stores.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm soooo mean to Sulli, aren't I? I apologize to the real live Sulli who I'm sure is nothing like this, I just needed an evil character and I work better with a picture of someone in my head.