Rejection or Overreaction?

The Typical Story (with a twist)

With the conclusion of his story Minho looked at Jonghyun with fear in his eyes. Jonghyun just sat there looking stunned and not saying a word. Finally Minho couldn’t take it anymore and broke the silence.

“If you don’t want me to stay, I understand. I can talk to administration and get moved. I just ask that you let me come out to my new roommate on my own.” Minho’s words seemed to jar Jonghyun back into reality. “

No, of course I don’t want you to move!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “I’m so sorry what has happened to you in the past year. I was just thinking of what I was wanting to do to that Nichkhun guy!”

Kyuhyun nodded his head. “I can’t believe Heechul hyung hasn’t castrated him!”

“He disappeared right after he graduated from high school. I have no idea where he is and I don’t care to know,” Minho said.

“Anyway, I’d come back so that I could tell you the guys were going out to eat and I thought I’d see if you two would want to go as well. I wasn’t expecting that you’d already be eating. We’re probably too late to join them now though,” Jonghyun said, hoping to dispel the tension.

“The three of us could go. My treat,” suggested Kyuhyun. The other two readily agreed and they all went out.

                                                                         -------------------------------------------------

Saturday, Late Evening/Early Night

Kibum took a deep breath and smiled. It was great to have a guys’ evening. He loves his girlfriend but her incessant nagging and social climbing can get on his nerves. Kibum and his friends, Tao and Kris, had gone shopping. Actually, it was Tao and Kibum who shopped, Kris just played pack mule. Now, they were wandering an unfamiliar part of town trying to find a restaurant Kris had heard of.

“Can’t we just go somewhere that we know the location of?” Kibum asked.

“No, Luhan said this place is the best Chinese restaurant he’s found in Korea,” Kris said, using his height advantage to scan the street. “Hey! Isn’t that your hyung’s new roommate?” Kibum followed Kris’s line of sight and saw what did appear to be Minho. This Minho, however, looked different from the soccer jock he’d met two days before. Minho was wearing skin tight black skinny jeans, a fishnet top over a tight blue tank top and, to top it all off, eyeliner to make his big eyes enormous. He was walking with two guys that appeared to be in their late 20s. The one on Minho’s right had longish hair for a boy and was wearing an outfit that just screamed club-hopping. The other had blonde hair and was wearing all white. Kibum’s curiosity was peaked.

“Let’s follow them,” Kibum suggested.

“Why?” Tao asked.

“I want to see where they’re going. He lives with my hyung. We need to find out more about him,” Kibum said. After a little pleading and puppy dog eyes the other two gave in. They followed the trio for several blocks until the three entered a club. Kibum, Tao, and Kris just stood on the sidewalk, staring at the club. The bouncer saw them gaping and hollered to them.

“Are you three coming in or not?” Without a word, they went in.

After his eyes adjusted to the dark, Kibum looked around, trying to spot Minho. As he looked, he first realized that all of the club’s patrons were male. Then, he noticed that the men on the dance floor were dancing together, and not just dancing but grinding, groping and kissing.

“Uh, guys!” Tao gasped. “I think we’re in a gay club!”

“No dip, Sherlock,” Kibum replied, continuing to scan for Minho. “Where is he?”

“Over there, a table near the dance floor,” Kris nodded. The trio moved closer to Minho’s table and took turns watching him. Soon, the guy Sulli had called her cousin walked up to Minho’s Table and sat down. He had his arm around Minho’s shoulder and leaned into his personal bubble. After ten minutes, Sulli’s cousin pulled Minho off his chair and out onto the dance floor. Soon, their dirty dancing had turned into a full-blown make-out session.

“Let’s go,” Kibum said. “I need to talk to my hyung.”

                                                                               --------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun was reading a soccer magazine on his bed when he heard a soft knock at the door.

“Bummie, come in,” Jonghyun said after he opened the door. “Minho is out with his hyungs and won’t be back until tomorrow.”

“Actually, Minho’s the reason I came to see you,” Kibum said, taking a seat on Jonghyun’s bed. “I saw him today while I was out with the guys.”

“Really? That’s cool,” Jonghyun said. “I’ve been hoping you two would become friends.” Kibum gave Jonghyun a strained smile.

“I’m not so sure about that. When we saw him, he was dressed in skin tight clothes and was with two other guys. They went into a club and we followed them,” Kibum took a deep breath. “Hyung, it was a gay club!”

“So,” replied Jonghyun with a shrug.

“Don’t you get it hyung? Minho’s gay!” Kibum exclaimed.

“I already knew he’s gay. I figured it out when I walked in on him and Kyuhyun hyung making out yesterday,” Jonghyun said calmly.

“You know! Well, don’t you think you should be asking for a new roommate?”

“Of course not! Who cares if he’s gay? He’s a good guy,” Jonghyun said, getting agitated. “If you’re going to be judgmental about him, Kibum, I want you to keep your distance from this room.” With that, Jonghyun escorted Kibum into the hallway and shut the door on Kibum’s gaping face.

“I don’t care what hyung says, I’m keeping an eye on Minho,” Kibum vowed and walked away.

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I switched from my job at an elementary school to my summer job at a daycare for the summer. Exhaustion is eight hours of work a day, two and three hour field trips, three days a week. But I love what I do :)