Chapter 4

Piano Hands

  The dim orange light reflected off the spinning glass bottle, causing light to dance around the room as twenty-four pairs of eyes watched the bottle closely, their owners mostly praying that it would not point at them when it stopped, while others hoped for otherwise.

  Baekhyun was one of those praying for it not to point at him. From his spot in the circle of teenagers, wedged between Chanyeol and a girl whose name he did not know, he watched, tensed and not daring to breathe as the bottle made an excruciatingly slow turn before coming to a stop, pointing straight at Baekhyun.

  “Baekhyun!” Someone yelled as the girl next to him nudged him up. Silently cursing Chanyeol and the fact that his idea of ‘fun’ was to bring to a party filled with people he barely knew, Baekhyun reluctantly trudged to the centre of the circle and gave the bottle another spin. He closed his eyes, hoping that the bottle would at least end up pointing at a girl when it stopped, but with his luck, he would not be surprised if it did not.

  And he was right. Baekhyun could tell from all the giggles, shouts, whoops and laughter that the bottle had ended up pointing at a boy, but he could not have been more shocked when he heard the name, “Chanyeol!” being called out. Oh crap, he thought, watching as his friend happily got up and bounded over to him.

  “Kiss!” the shout came from somewhere in the far corner of the room, and soon everyone was chanting it, all eager to see if the two boys would go ahead with the game.

“Hey, Baek, let’s just do this and get it over with, kay?” Chanyeol leaned in and whispered, making Baekhyun start to slowly back away. “The you won’t, if you come near me, I will-“Baekhyun gasped in shock as his sentence was cut off by Chanyeol grabbing him and sloppily kissing him on the lips.

  Immediately, the room erupted into cheers and applause, but Baekhyun did not notice that. All he could feel was Chanyeol’s lips, with the faint taste of cola, on his, and he shivered when Chanyeol’s cool minty breath washed into his mouth.

  That moment was over too soon when Chanyeol pulled away, grinning. “Not so bad, right, Baekkie?” He kicked the bottle lightly, sending it spinning again, before grabbing Baekhyun’s hand and towing him back to their seats.

  As Baekhyun slouched down in his seat, his cheeks burning, trying to make himself invisible, he suddenly became very aware that his knee was touching Chanyeol’s. Shifting away, he touched his lips, smiling slightly as he remembered the feel and taste of Chanyeol’s soft lips on his own. Damn, it had felt nice.

  Suddenly, Baekhyun realized just what he was thinking about. Blushing even deeper, he mentally kicked himself. “Stop it, Byun Baekhyun!” he murmured. “That was a boy, your best friend who you just kissed. It shouldn’t feel nice, it should feel weird. You’re not gay, Chanyeol’s not gay!”

  So absorbed was Baekhyun in trying to convince himself that the kiss was anything but great, he failed to notice Chanyeol staring at him, a goofy grin on his face as he remembered the brief kiss he had just shared with Baekhyun.

~*~

  Baekhyun groaned and stretched as the sun streaming in through the curtains hit his face. Rolling over, his hand brushed against something soft and his frowned in puzzlement. There was something off about his bed today. For one, it was too soft, and two, rolling over would usually cause him to be dumped on the floor. And what was that his hand was brushing against? Worst, was that snores he heard?!

  With a girly shriek, Baekhyun suddenly sat up and looked to his side to see a lump under the blanket, with a familiar mop of bright orange hair sticking out from it. “Yah! Chanyeol! Wake up! Why am I here?” Baekhyun prodded the lump, only to get hit in the face by a stretching Chanyeol. “Hi, Baek, you’re awake,” Chanyeol smiled, still half asleep.

  Frowning, Baekhyun swung his legs off the bed, intending to try to pull Chanyeol up, when he suddenly realized that the shirt he was wearing was not his. “Yeollie!” he started tugging the blanket off the other boy, when he was suddenly pinned down on the bed by Chanyeol lying across his chest..

  “Gosh, Baek, you’re really noisy. Can’t you let me sleep?” Chanyeol asked lazily. “Not unless you tell me why I’m here and wearing your shirt,” Baekhyun pouted, trying to wriggle out from under Chanyeol. He heard a sigh.

  “Okay, Baek, here’s the story. Yesterday, you got drunk. After just one can of beer. Honestly, you have the worst tolerance for alcohol ever. And because you were pretty much dead to the world, I brought you back to my house, because do you know how hard it would be to explain to your parents why their son is talking gibberish at 2AM in the morning?” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. “I already told your mother you would be spending the night here… And I changed your shirt because you had spilled beer all over yours. Do you know how disgusting you smelled? Ugh.” Chanyeol flopped back down and was soon snoring.

  “Get up, you buffalo, I can’t breathe, you’re too heavy!” There was a snort and the weight was gone as Chanyeol shuffled back to his side of the bed. “I hate you, Park Chanyeol, why am I even friends with you?” Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at the sleeping boy.

  Getting up, Baekhyun padded his way to the bathroom when he saw that Chanyeol’s computer was still on. Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun moved the mouse to get the screen to light up when he came face-to-face with a picture of himself sleeping with puppy ears edited onto his head.

  “What the , Yeol?” Baekhyun gasped in disbelief, before turning and running back to the bed, leaping onto Chanyeol. “How dare you take a picture of me and edit puppy ears onto my head?” he yapped into Chanyeol’s ear.

  “Because, Baekkie, you look like a puppy when you’re sleeping and even though you’re trying to sound scary, you really sound like a playful puppy,” Chanyeol muttered, pinching Baekhyun’s nose. “Don’t even bother trying to delete the picture; you must have a password to. Joke’s on you, Baek, now let me sleep.”

 


A/N

So, slightly shorter chapter, hope you don't mind. Not my best chapter, maybe cos I wrote it while half asleep OTL 

So, I know its not really related to the plot, but hey, first Baekyeol moment! /waves OTP flags/

Do comment, otherwise how can I know what you think? Until next time!