Chapter 9

Forever Regretting A Moment of Weakness

 

A/N: Thank you everyone that has read or commented on this story. I had 754 views before chapter 8, now I have 909... Wow I haven't been able to stop smiling! Thank you everyone for all the love you have shown to my first SHINee story! I am so happy, I could cry. I decided to include a Super Junior member but he has a very small role...

lolisho: I'm glad that you "squealed each time Jonghyun opened his mouth" that was what I was going for. Do you think that maybe Jonghyun was a little to creepy with the following? Ah and my friend was really excited to see the cake, hehehe my friend is ancient(lol just old. Turned 22)!! When I saw it, I almost died, it looked so beautiful in person!

tsundering: I blushed with your comment*blush*. And I'm still blushing! "CASANOVAHYUN. ROMANCINGHYUN. SECDUCTIVEHYUN. PLAYAHYUN" Lol I could stop laughing at that since I was really worried that Jonghyun was acting too creepy but I am you like it. And just to make sure it's clear. I didn't say who the woman that Jjong cheated on was. I decided to leave that to each one of you. I only have about 6 girl idols that I don't like but could choose so it's up to everyone. Please continue to support me and look forward to the ending.

caline: If you don't mind me asking, what did you think of the chapter?

leennocent: I added the tag! lol. Um... You can't describe my story in words? That's good right? Thank you for the encouragement. Thanks for waiting for the update! Is there anything in particular that you like of my story?

kikicarolinajung: It's fine. I know we all have lives! I'm glad you loved the chapter. What did you like the most? Please don't go insane! lol I don't want that lol. Thank you so much for all the love! I squealed when I read your review... I can't believe you called me adorable!*blush* Please continue to reading this story and thank you for taking care of me! I should be used to people calling me adorable since I am the Maknae in my group of friends but still I get embarrassed... 

shineeowner: Ah. The story is going to end soon so Key will. I hope! Love your username by the way!

kolpupanda: I don't even know how to respond to your review*blush*. First of all, I am so happy that you liked the chapter. My heart was heavy because I wasn't sure if Jonghyun came off as TOO creepy but everyone seemed to like it and I am happy about that. Please, please don't die! You just became my friend! Thank you so much for your support and for reading the chapter so many times*panda hugs you back*. I was looking over the chapter and I was fangirling... I totally forgot that I was my own story XD. When you said that my idea is DAEBAk did you mean my idea for the chapter or for the whole story? Key and Jjong will hopefully make up soon. I am really happy to hearing this from you, I was really insecure about this story but I still can't believe that it has gotten so much love! I wish I could give you that Key cake but we probably live very far apart :(

KeymyLover: Hopefully Jonghyun won't hurt Key and they will be together soon again. Is there anything that you liked about the chapter or story in specific?

 

 

Key walked into his bedroom with a small smile. He knew that if he and Jonghyun had never gotten together as a couple, they would of have been best friends and what had just happened proved it. He settled on the bed and pulled out the two CDs that were inside his backpack. He sat down on his desk, his laptop, and placed the CD with the “PDG” label first. The soft melody filled his room and he listened to the whole song. A sad smile settled on his face and he pulled out the CD out of the disk drive to just place the one that Onew had given him.

 

His laptop took a few seconds to read it and suddenly there was a lot of movement and Onew's blurry face. Slowly, the camera focused and Onew's smile appeared.

 

“This is a documentary on the making of the song 'Please, Don't Go' composed by Kim Jonghyun” The smile turned into a grin. “He doesn't know I'm doing this... But if this song gets released and gets an award, I am releasing this video!” Onew laughed.

 

Key raised an eyebrow as he realized that Onew was in a recording studio. Jonghyun walked in a few minutes later into the video even thought Onew had disappear.

 

 

“Let's get started Onew”

 

“Who goes first?”

 

“You, since you have the beginning of the song”

 

“Alright” answered Onew as he walking into the recording studio. Key had a perfect view of the recording studio and of Jonghyun and Onew. Jonghyun spoke into a microphone as Onew got ready.

 

“Jinki”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Eunhyuk is coming right?”

 

“Yeah but he can't stay long so we have to work fast”

 

Kibum saw Jonghyun nod, heard the melody once again and Onew started to sing. The older male sang the first two sentences and they stopped once again. Onew recorded two more sentences, and three tries later, Onew finished his parts.

 

The recording stopped and a man that was taller than Jonghyun and about the same height as Onew.

 

“Hey Eunhyun. Glad you can help us” said Jjong as he approached the male.

 

“Glad to help. Did Onew finish his parts already?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Okay so get in there since I have work to do unlike you” Eunhyun said with a laugh as he took a seat on the chair that was in front of the computer of the computer and Jonghyun walked into the recording booth with Onew. The two of them only had two sentences to record and got it down in less than 5 minutes with only two retakes.

 

After that, both Onew and Jonghyun took a break and talked to Eunhyun about the song and after about 10 minutes, Eunhyun stood up and excused himself since he had to “deal” with the group that he was producing making Onew and Jonghyun laugh.

 

The two talk for a bit longer before they decided to record again; this time Jonghyun stepped into the booth by himself.

 

“So Eunhyun placed my parts and our parts in the song already, Jonghyun. Now we need to record your and just add them.” stated Onew as he looked at the computer screen.

 

“He works fast” answered Jjong

 

“Yeah, but I think he did a good job. Put the headphones on so I can play the music and you can just sing the missing parts as you go.” The shorter male nodded as he picked up the headphones. He got comfortable and signaled Onew who started the music and the recording.

 

Key stared at the screen of his laptop and bit his lip as he heard Jonghyun sing. He could see the producer in the booth perfectly. Jjong had his eyes closed and the moment that he opened them, Key saw tears. The producer's voice was strong yet Key could see pain and tears in his eyes. The designer couldn't pretend that the lyrics didn't affect him but now looking at the other man recording the song brought tears to his own eyes. Key's eyes widen when he heard the producer's voice crack as he finish a sentence, and he stared in surprise as Jonghyun broke into sobs as tried to sing “the sadness reflected in my tears told me.” Onew shoot up from his seat and rushed to the other man.

 

“Jonghyun what's wrong?!”

 

The shorter male tried to answer but only sobs came out of his lips. Jinki held on to the sobbing man and took him to the couch that was next to the computer. Jonghyun didn't try to speak again and just cried as Onew tried to decide what to do. Slowly and after about 15 minutes, Jonghyun started to calm down and Onew grabbed a water from the mini fridge that was in the room and gave it to the shorter male.

 

“Better?”

 

“Yeah thanks Jinki”

 

“It's fine but that's wrong? I have never seen you cry”

 

“I-” Jonghyun ran his hands through his hair. “I messed up Onew, and I don't know how to fix it.”

 

“Maybe I can help”

 

“No one can help me, Jinki” Jonghyun stood up with tears in his eyes “I cheated on him, and he found out and left and I haven't-” he stared at the floor “seen him in almost 8 months”

 

“Ah-”

 

“I hate this!” the shorter male said “I miss him so much Onew”

 

“How come you haven't seen him?”

 

“He left without telling me, just left a letter and even as I looked for him at his job, he got me banned from there, so I can't see him. He changed his number and started to live on his own”

 

“So this song-”

 

“I wrote it thinking of him...”

 

“Ah okay”

 

 

Key chose that moment to stop the video, took the CD out of the disk drive, and put his laptop to sleep while glaring at the CD. He fought the tears in his eyes but slowly they started to silently run down his cheeks.

 

“I hate what you do to me Jonghyun, I hate the fact that I still love you...” the designer whispered to himself

 

After a few minutes, Kibum took one last look at the CD, stood up, his tears stopped, wiped away the remaining tears. He made his way to the closet, grabbed some pajamas, and decided to go take a shower before going to sleep.

 

 

 

Jonghyun was going home on a taxi yet the smile on his face didn't flatter. He felt beyond happy. The producer was surprised when Key said that he would think about it yet the hope in his heart grew. It was only a matter of time until the designer was back where he belonged; in his arms. The happiness he felt was so intense that he wanted to scream and let everyone know that Kibum was going to give him a second change. When he got home, he immediately went to bed to just pass out after changing with a small smile on his face.