Chapter 5

Forever Regretting A Moment of Weakness

 

kikicarolinajung: Again you are welcome! I'm glad you liked that I included SNSD. I don't like them as much as other people. I think they are okay and like a few of their songs. I added them since I liked like SooYoung. I thought it would be a nice touch

kururi: I'm glad you feel better. They get to talk more in this chapter! hehehe. I'm glad you think it's an interesting turn. I was a bit worried about the time skip but it seems like it's okay 

lolisho: Please don;t cry I mean... *pout* Ah okay well Jonghyun and Key are meeting again. Tell me what you think okay? I am not a big fan of SNSD but I like Taeyeon and a few of the girls. I figured it would be a good idea to add them to help the story. I'm glad you like the bodyguard thing. It came to me in class which because I didn't pay attention to the lecture.

caline: I'm glad you think KeyTae is cute! Key's motherly love can't be compared lol

A/N: I totally forgot to mention that the time skip is about 11 months so Key and Jonghyun haven't talked in a very long time. Also, the boy's have their Lucifer hairstyles and just to remind you of the hotness. There is a picture included


 

Jonghyun was glad that there was not a lot of people on the hallways since he was running like a mad man toward the practice room. When he got there, the door was open and he looked inside. Kim Kibum was laying on the floor face down as he scribbled away. The sight made Jonghyun's heart beat increase. He tried to even out his breathing and his hands were sweating. Jonghyun glanced at Key again, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He stood up straight, walked into the room blocking the entrance and cleared his throat:

 

"Key?"

 

"Yeah?" answered the younger male as he looked up into the mirror to find Jonghyun's reflection staring back at him.

 

Key's sharp eyes harden as he recognized Jonghyun immediately. "Is there something that you need?" Key asked coldly.


The moment that Key looked up at the mirror, Jonghyun felt the air in his lungs leave him completely. The younger male looked absolutely beautiful. It only made him more nervous than he already was. "Can I talk to you?"

 

"Kim Jonghyun" said Key in acknowledgment as he stood up. "I don't think that we have anything to talk about"

 

"You know that we do and you know about what so cut out the act"

 

Key glared at him and started to pack his things. "I don't want to talk to you or about what happened"

 

"Key please"

 

"No. Leave me alone"

 

"You look beautiful" Jonghyun's eyes grew as he realized what slipped from his lips without knowing

 

"What?"

 

"I ah-"

 

"I don't want to hear or see you Jonghyun!"

 

"It's been almost a year..."

 

"So?"

 

"You still haven't let me talk to you"

 

"I don't have to let you"

 

"But I need you to understand that it was a mistake"

 

"I don't care what it was or how did it happen"

 

"I never had with her"

 

"And you think that makes things better?"

 

"No but-"

 

"I don't want to know what you did or didn't do with her. It's none of my business"

 

"Key I love you"

 

"Are you listening to me? I don't care!" Key sighted and looked at the producer "I hope that you can understand this. You hurt me Kim Jonghyun. I don't really know why you went out with her, yet I do wonder from time to time what I was or am lacking. I don't think- no, I know I didn't deserve what you did to me but it was your choice. I hope you are happy and-"

 

"I want to win you back"

 

"Impossible. I don't want you back besides now I know the type of person you are so I want nothing to do with you" Key moved around and finished packing his things up quickly

 

"Key I-"

 

"Look," he placed his notebook inside of the bag and closed it. "I don't care what you want or do so" he placed the bag on his shoulder "if you will excuse me, I have more important things to do than talk to you" the designer pushed past Jonghyun as the older male stared after Key. His eyes showed some happiness since he was able to meet Key. The producer smiled when Key was out of his sight and went back to work. He knew that he had to fight for Key, the younger male was worth it. 

 

Later that afternoon, Jonghyun smiled as he looked at the papers on his hands. He held a copy of all of the schedules of the girls in SNSD, that way he knew when they would meet Key giving him the opportunity to see the younger male. It was hard because he had no ties to the girls since he wasn't the producer for their upcoming song and had to beg their actual producer, Lee Jinki, to give him a copy. The producer looked over the papers to find that Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, and Yuri were suppose to meet Key in a week. With a smile, he did some more work before calling it quits and heading home.

 

The grin that had permanently settled on his face didn't disappear even as he sat on the sofa in his living room and looked at the ceiling. Jonghyun knew that it would take a lot for Key to trust him again but he was willing to do anything. The woman that Key has seen him with meant nothing to Jonghyun. The first time he saw her was at work, she was a designer, just like Key, and she had been given the opportunity to talk to him, about the song that he was working on at that time, about her concept. The meeting between them went well and by the end of it, they were planning on having a cup of coffee together. She was a very beautiful woman and Jonghyun realized that it was different than when he went out with Key. People would stare at them and whisper yet when he walked in with her, everyone smiled at them. That was how everything stared. When he was about with Kibum, the judgmental stares and the disgusted looks appeared. And when he was with her, no one seem to really notice except for the occasional "you two look so cute together" and the approving smiles.

 

When he went home even after been with her, Key was there waiting for him. He loved Key and showed him that much when ever they were together yet they didn't really spend much time outside together since they both would be too tired or too busy. She was perfect; had a good personality, and was smart yet she lacked what the producer wanted. He ignored it at first yet around their 2 month anniversary, Jonghyun started to feel guilty, and he missed Key. He started to cling to Key a little more trying to fill the void and even when he was with her, he was thinking of Kibum. The guilt wasn't enough for him to stop seeing her yet the day that he walked into his apartment to find that all of Key's things were gone, he knew that he had made a mistake, a horrible mistake.