Chapter 1

Dig A Little Deeper

 

freaking i give up with google docs okay. i got a new laptop and my mw wasn't installed yet so i had to use gd but then freaking the formatting was off and then it said i spelled the word "coughed' wrong and i was like HOW ELSE DO YOU FREAKING SPELL IT and after much frustration this ended up happening.

 

 

“Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me,” Sungyeol muttered, shoving the WALK button as hard as he could. He was already six minutes late to school and if the light didn’t turn green in at least two minutes, he’d be completely screwed over by his teacher.

 

His school was only the next street away, but of course all forces of everything in the universe were against him and refusing to let him walk. He waited another few minutes until the light finally turned and he ran across the street, not giving any heed to his backpack that was flapping back and forth on his back or his hair that was barely combed at all.

 

Sungyeol’s high school was pretty generic; the usual one you saw everywhere - there were the separate department buildings, the grass field to the right, the library to the left, the pathways of sidewalk that led everywhere. He liked it, it was easy to get around the place.

 

He was just about to go running into the office when he caught sight of a teenager’s back, about his age, wearing the school uniform with his feet nervously balancing on their heels and his hands fumbling on his bag straps.

 

“Ah...excuse me? Do you need anything?” Sungyeol asked as politely as he could, half because the boy was standing right in front of the office door and half because he thought maybe he could possibly get something out of this.

 

And he did - because when the boy turned around, Sungyeol was awarded with one of the most gorgeous faces that he’d seen in a long while.  He had soft, brown hair down the front of his forehead and his eyes were filled with a nervous emotion with his bottom lip was tucked into his top row of teeth.

 

“Um, well, yeah, kinda,” the boy answered, and Sungyeol could see him holding a white piece of paper in his right hand, his left hand anxiously climbing up his other arm. “I’m kinda new here and, uh, I don’t really know where my first period class is...I wanna go and ask the people inside but I  already asked them twice already and I keep on forgetting where it is and I just feel like I’ve been bothering them too much all morning already.”


Sungyeol let out a little chuckle, holding out his hand in motion for the other to give him the schedule. “I’m already late for my class, might as well help you on the way. What’s your name, by the way?”


“I’m Kim Myungsoo,” Myungsoo replied, letting a gentle smile cross his lips.

 

“Lee Sungyeol,” Sungyeol introduced himself. “So you’re new?”


“Well, yeah. And this school’s actually a lot scarier and bigger than I was expecting, so I’m kinda freaking out at the moment,” Myungsoo said despite his forceful mind telling him to act cool.

 

“I’ll help you,” Sungyeol offered, looking down at the schedule. “Oh, your homeroom class is right across from mine! That’ll be easy then.”

 

The blush on Myungsoo’s face was quite evident, but he just coughed and scratched the back of his neck. “Ah, alright. Thank you.”

 

When they began walking towards the classrooms, Sungyeol wasn’t sure what had gotten over him but he asked, “Are you usually this flustered?”

 

Myungsoo cringed a bit, stopping in his tracks before sighing. “No, I swear I’m not this awkward or embarrassing on a daily basis. It’s just, I’m new, and it is embarrassing - since I’m going to end up being, like, twenty minutes late to my first class as the new kid. And you’re kinda the first person I met at this school and I really, really wanted to make a good impression but that didn’t go too well for me.”

 

Sungyeol just laughed, stopping in front of a classroom when they’d reached the hallways. He handed Myungsoo the boy’s schedule, and nodded at the door in front of him. “This is your stop. Remember, I’m right back there -” he pointed with his thumb to the door across “ - so I guess if you need anything...you can go over there?”

 

Hesitantly, Myungsoo nodded in agreement before taking his schedule back. “Thanks a ton, Sungyeol-sshi. I’ll try not to...do anything weird anymore.”

 

Casually saluting to the boy, Sungyeol turned around and walked to his class, making sure to hear the slam of the other door before opening the door that led to his homeroom class.

 

It didn’t even matter that he was late anyways - everybody there was rowdy as usual, and Sunggyu saeng was just sitting on his desk with a book in hand, not caring at all.

 

Sungyeol walked over to where his teacher was sitting, bowing at a small degree. “Hey saeng...”

 

“Late again, Sungyeol?” Sunggyu took of his glasses, settling them down alongside his book. “Ah, just take a seat and get out your...homework, I guess. And do whatever.”

 

Sunggyu was usually a strict teacher, but since homeroom wasn’t considered a class that taught you any education necessities, he was pretty laid back and didn’t really bother with anything the students didn’t want him bothering in.

 

When Sungyeol reached his seat, though, he found somebody already sitting in it. Whoever it was - a boy, judging by the haircut - had his head laid down on the desk and his face buried in his arms. There was a sloppy bag thrown at the side, a black color. Sungyeol could see the navy blue

uniform blazer stuffed inside the bag.

 

As his eyes traveled upwards, he could see that the boy wasn’t wearing the uniform dress pants but rather slightly ripped black fabric jeans. He also had a black jacket on, but Sungyeol could see the white uniform dress shirt collar peeking out from the jacket.

 

His hair wasn’t black, which was quite ironic seeing as he was Asian and everything else of his was black, but rather a light brown. Maybe a few shades darker than Myungsoo’s (wait, why was he randomly thinking of Myungsoo all of a sudden?) but still a color enough to not be mistaken with black.

 

“Uh, excuse me?”

 

The figure didn’t budge whatsoever, and so Sungyeol coughed and tried one more time. “Excuse me!”

 

There still wasn’t a reply, and Sungyeol wondered if the guy was actually sleeping because usually, no matter how sleepy you were, nobody could ever sleep in a homeroom as loud and ruckus-filled as his.

 

“Yah.”

 

Nothing.

 

Sungyeol groaned inwardly, grabbing the boy’s shoulder and shaking it harshly, though as lightly as he could. “Excuse me!”

 

The person whined a bit, then shifted until he said, “I can hear you...I’m not asleep you know, I just don’t wanna answer you.”

 

“Well then,” Sungyeol huffed immediately, rolling his eyes. “You better get up and answer me then, ‘cause you’re kinda sitting on my seat.”

 

The boy pulled his head up from the desk and stared Sungyeol in the eye. “I’d rather not, I kinda already got comfortable and all that, you know.”

 

And just then, Sungyeol’s eyes widened in shock and his gasped, so loud that the girl sitting on the other side of him looked over. “M-Myungsoo?”
 

“Myungsoo?” the Myungsoo-lookalike tilted his head, smiling a bit. Sungyeol could see more clearly now that he actually didn’t look that much like Myungsoo - okay, fine, he was nearly identical besides the hair. Myungsoo’s was completely product-free besides the hair dye, while this guy had his tinged and waxed up at the front ends.

 

The boy then raised his eyebrows, stretching his arms. “Seems as if Myungsoo’s already met somebody before I have. Well, if you thought you were going crazy, you’re not. I’m L - his twin brother.”

 
 
this is so short omg :c
i'll try doing more later. next time. def.
okay yeah bye.
 
(myungyeol or lyeol? c;)