iii

"We're Not Dating, But He's Still Mine"

"Now Miss Choi, explain what lex iniusta non est lex means." Professor Woobin's voice echoed across the lecture hall. Nobody dared to make a sound, heck stare elsewhere even. Sulli was still dabbing the last finishing touches of her lip tint. There are no other Chois in the class. Sehun, who was behind her, laughed silently. Sulli groaned as she squinted her eyes to read the label stuck underneath the the tube of her lip color. Wrong color, damnit! I was supposed to use rouge shine no. 34 next Friday!

"Would you like to demonstrate a short beauty lesson to your friends today, Miss Choi?"

Sulli quickly snapped the tube of her tint, not bothering to check if it was properly covered or not. Assuming that it was, she stashed it at the back pocket of her jeans and pulled a I-did-nothing-wrong-Professor-Woobin-face. 

"I believe your classmates would be curious to know your little.. Beauty secrets." He jeered. The other girls were already whispering and snickering to themselves. Sulli cursed in her head. 

"I don't think so, Professor." she replied calmly. "Bet they already have appointments with cosmetic surgeons who are most definitely more knowledgable about that matter." 

"Then what are you 'knowledgable' about, Miss Choi? Do care to explain to me what lex iniusta non est lex means then." I know this, Sulli thought to herself. Beads of sweat were starting to form on her creamy forehead. 

"Um.. that villain in Superman?" Sulli bit her lip. 

The whole class erupted in laughter. Professor Woobin too, was smiling, but it was not because he found Sulli's answer humorous. 

-----

 

"She has had eight grilled cheese and kimchi sandwiches! Eight! She stuffed them all into at once" Soojung fumed dramatically in front of Sulli's parents. "It's just so sad." she added a fake sniffle."Look at her! She's totally adrift now!" 

Sulli has not conditioned her hair in a week. Perhaps she was going for the grunge look. Soojung shuddered at the thought. And her nails were full-on chipped. It SO was not typical of her best friend. Sulli had this distant look when she was Googling her iPad. She flashed the screen to her parents, and Soojung. 

"Do you know who this is?" she asked in a half-dreamy tone. 

"Isn't that the president's son?" 

"Exactly!" Soojung butted in. "The thing is she-" Soojung's voice faded into an awful muffled screech as Sulli stuffed with one of her socks. Soojung spat it out in disgust and kept quiet. 

"He's not just the president's son, Mom, Dad. He's Park Chanyeol, for crying out loud! Third year law degree student at Seoul National University!"

"and you..."

"Choi Sulli! Pre-law degree student at Seoul National University! This is the type of girl that he wants to marry! This is why I need to become more serious!" Soojung rolled her eyes.

"You mean practically deformed?" she eyed Sulli. "Ssul, if you were planning to become serious at least take a look at your appearance first." she scoffed. "Look at what they did to you!"

Sulli's parents couldn't agree more. After that short meeting with one of her lecturers, well... 

"Are sure about this law school thing, sweetie?" Mr. Choi asked his daughter. 

"It's a perfectly respectable place, Daddy." 

"Sweetie, you were first runner up at that Miss Gangnam contest. Why are you gonna throw it all away?" 

Sulli pouted. "It's the only way.."

"Sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for boring, and ugly people.." Soojung nodded furiously at Mr. Choi's words, "..and you are none of them." 

Well she obviously wanted to prove them wrong. Well, Park Chanyeol is definitely not a boring, nor ugly person. 

-----

 

Baekhyun sighed and pressed the end button on his iPhone. "Hey, C?" 

"Yeah?" Chanyeol stopped writing down notes and raised his head to look at his best friend. Judging from his face, something obviously was troubling him. 

"I need help." 

"Sure, 'sup?" 

"Some junior needs serious help."

"Yeah?" 

"And I'd like you to y'know, tutor her or something." Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure she's not trying to hit on you or something? She'd be freaked out if she discovers that..." Chanyeol paused. "It's just that I'm the president's son." he said quietly. "She'd get all formal and stuff."

"Please?" 

"And you're positive that she's asking for your help because she needs it, and not some lame excuse to flirt with you or anything? Cause she'd be disappointed." 

Baekhyun grinned. "Yeah."