셋. Bestfriend

You are not the One

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

Time flies fast as the bell rang, indicated students may go home.

 

 

Yoo Jin couldn’t concentrate in her lesson at all, definitely because of the date with Kris. She decided to stay at library to redo what was she miss in the class today.

 

 

“Jinnie, aren’t you going home?” Eun Ra plopped herself on the seat in front of me.

 

 

Yoo Jin shook my head. “No. I’m staying here for a while. How about you?”

 

 

“Nevermind. I’ll stay with you. Soooo tell me why you daydream in the class today!” She wriggled her eyebrows, made Yoo Jin grinned.

 

 

Therefore, Yoo Jin told her about Kris, how kind he is, how funny he is, and how sweet he is when he asked her for a date. Sometimes, Yoo Jin blushed slightly in the middle of the story, earned playful tease from Eun Ra. But in her mind, she had no idea what was Kris planning to do.

 

 

“Yah!” Yoo Jin exclaimed when Eun Ra kept . “I want to go home.”

 

 

“Bwoh? You little wreck, you will go home and left me here? How evil you...” Eun Ra pleaded, didn’t want to make pass this rare chance. For of course.

 

 

“Aish, you want to sleepover here or what? Let’s go.” Yoo Jin stood up, ready to left the pouting Eun Ra.

 

 

“Neh, neh…” Eun Ra grabbed her backpack. “Oh ! I left my phone. Wait me in front of gate, Jinnie.” She shouted as she made her way to the last class she attended.

 

 

When she got her phone, she heard boys’ sounds from the corridor, none other but Exo. Heard of her bestfriend’s name being talked, she hurriedly hid herself to eavesdrop more.

 

 

When the boys gone, she clenched her fists. After heard those conversation, her blood boiled but she calmed herself and went to meet Yoo Jin.

 

 

Her bestfriend welcomed her with hand wave in front of gate. “Palli, Eunnie~”

 

 

She decided to fake herself and smiled. “Yah, you slowpoke, stop commanding me!”

 

 

Yoo Jin rolled her eyes sarcasticly and received joking glare. “Alright, alright.”

 

 

 

 

YOO JIN’S POV

 

 

I walked home with Eunnie, i mean Eun Ra and finally reached home. I directly took a bath and ate my leftover cake. After fulfilled my hungry stomach, i went up to my room and began to search which dress i should wear on my date with Kris.

 

 

Imagine him just make goosebumps to my whole body.

 

 

This was good but this one looks sweet too. Argh, which one should i wear?

 

 

My mind found an idea and my hand quickly reached my phone to text Eun Ra.

 

 

 

Friday. 11 April 2013. 19:47

 

Eunnieee.. help me to choose dress. I’m confused here~~~

 

 

Sent.

 

 

Not long after that i heard my phone rang signified there was text from Eun Ra.

 

 

Friday. 11 April 2013.  19:50

 

I suggest you to cancel your date with Kris.

 

 

Huh? What was that mean? I pressed some numbers and talked when she picked up.

 

“What do you mean, Eunnie?”

 

 

She took a deep sigh. “I just.. want you to be happy.. Please Jinnie, cancel it. It worth of you.”

 

“No! How can i cancel it after i agree? It’ll hurt him, therefore he’s goddess and i don’t want to pass this chance.”

 

 

“NO! You SHOULD do what i said! Otherwise you’ll regret it!”

 

 

“Why you said that? NO! I won’t cancel it! Don’t you know that i have some feelings toward him?”

 

 

“JINNIE, I SAID I WANT YOU TO HAPPY SO STOP BEING SO DARN STUBBORN.. HE’S BASTARD AND LEAVE HIM BEHIND! I SAY THIS TO YOU BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! I’M YOUR BESTIES, HE’S STRANGER FEW HOURS AGO. AND NOW YOU’RE ON HIS SIDE AND DECLINE MY ADVICE? WHERE’S YOUR BRAIN, JINNIE?!”

 

 

“WHY YOU DO THIS? STOP BEING BOSSY TOO AND TRY TO THINK MY PLACE, WHY YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND?! I THINK YOU’RE MY BESTFRIEND.”

 

 

With that, Yoo Jin pressed the ‘end call’ button and laid on her bed. She never wanted to fight, especially with her bestfriend. Guilty suddenly rushed through her body and tears started to flow across her cheeks, remembered when she shouted at Eun Ra. But she’s the one who start it. She didn’t have any idea why Eun Ra suddenly defy her relationship with Kris. With that, she slowly closed her eyes and hope her relationship with Eun Ra won’t break and she willing to talk with her soon.

 

She even hoped that what happen just now was just a dream.

 

 

 

 

EUN RA’S POV

 

 

I THINK YOU’RE MY BESTFRIEND. 

 

Her words stabbed my heart and shattered it into pieces. I DO! I DO YOUR BESTFRIEND, YOO JIN! WHY YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME. FURTHERMORE, WAE YOU ON THAT JERK’S SIDE?! GODDAMIT!

 

 

I put my phone beside me when i laid on bed. My watery eyes kept staring at the phone. I sighed and felt guilty. But i couldn’t help it, anger rushed and restrained my body made me couldn’t control myself and ended shouting at Jinnie. I closed my eyes in sadness.

 

 

Sorry i did that but please believe on me, Yoo Jin… I am your bestfriend.