♔ Let It Bounce!

〈 ♔ K&A 71st Annual Hunger Games! [[ Our 3rd tbqh ]]

 » chapter five ; Let It Bounce! 

 

 

 

 

               “Midget Squirrel!” President Juliane yelled over the intercom. It scared SS and Naeunicorn so bad that they fell from their seats and clinged to one another, whimpering. SS suspected the worst and Naeunicorn suspected more ghosts. She already freaked out when BaekYeol appeared in the girls’ toilet on the first day of the Arena.

                “I did something wrong!” SS whispered loudly to Naeunicorn, whose eyes widened. She was relieved it wasn’t a ghost, but scared for her favourite dongsaeng.

                “What did you do?”

                “I don’t know!”

                “Melanie!”

                “I’m coming, my bish!” SS yelled, standing up and racing out the door and to the President’s quarters – it was a hall, four doors, another right, and a duck into a secret room before she got there. She was barely able to function when she reached the white door. Before entering, she knocked in a random pattern, trying her best to act like a spy or secret agent. “Announcer One-Five-Five-Nine-Seven here, reporting for duty and to… do stuff!”

                “Come in,” President Juliane said, hitting her head against her desk. Surprisingly it didn’t shake or spill her coffee.

                “Ooh~ Pretty room you have!” SS said, twirling and touching everything she could.  She even picked up Juliane’s coffee and took a sip of it. It was black. “What did you want, my bish?”               

                Juliane winced before replying, “Watch out for Nicole… and the others. Some are being careless and I don’t want to eliminate some of you because some became careless!”

                “Anything else?” Melanie took a sticky note from her desk and wrote her name on it, sticking it to her shirt.

                “I’ve… heard rumors that some of the mentors want to contact the D.”

                “The D?” Melanie asked dramatically, putting a hand on her chest.

                Juliane nodded before scribbling on a small notebook and handing it to SS. SS looked down at it and nodded, closing the cover and stuffing it into her small pocket within her overcoat. No one would notice.

                “Take care of it and tell Sohyun that they need to be more careful. Some can hear them yelling all over this place and well… this place is quite large.”

                SS nodded and bowed to her unnie before leaving the room and making a run for her main spot: the announcer’s room. She was out of breath again, crawling, and hoping she’d survive when she reached the door. She jumped up and raced in, sliding across the table and grinning at her favourite unicorn unnie. “What did I miss?”

                Naeunicorn squished SS’s cheeks. “You saw Ailee unnie die, right?” SS nodded. “Joonkyu, Taeyeon, and Minami died and Chihoon is hurt and HARA IS KICKING SOME !” Naeunicorn jumped up and cheered for Hara as SS turned to stare at the screen. She had met those three briefly and they seemed so nice and awesome and great and awesome and- she hated seeing those she liked die. But she’d get over it soon.

                “Candy?” the FBOG (Chanyeol) offered the poor Shinsadong Squirrel. She grabbed it and stuffed it in , her cheeks becoming larger than normal.

                “Fanks,” she replied to him. She looked back at the screen and looked through the thirty cameras, not noticing a thing until-

                “Unnie!” SS pointed at a corner, at the silver and haired Woohee, “what is that?”

                “Woohee!”

                “No, no. The thing.. behind Woohee!” The two turned slowly to look at each other and then at the screen; intense music filled the air as they clutched on another and panic replaced their expressions. “That’s a….”

                “Volanshippo!” Naeunicorn cried, hugging SS closer to her. “Woohee! Watch out! You will-“

                A canon sounded and Woohee was dead. Naeunicorn pulled away and stared at where Woohee used to be.

                “..die.”

               

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

                “What did they say?”

                “Who’s there?”

                “Are they okay?”

                “What’s the plan?”

                “SHUT UP!” D.O yelled loudly, waving his flashlight around like a maniac. Everyone stopped and looked at him. “Sohyun has to speak. She’s our lead-“

                “Damn right I am!” Sohyun shouted, thumping her chest. Everyone rolled their eyes at her as they waited to hear whatever it was she had to say. “First off….I contacted them. Okay? They said that three of them were there and that there’s a whole other army waiting. Monsters, creatures, and so on. Got it?” Everyone shook their flashlights up and down once, signaling they understood. “Next, they only speak Fadoosk, so you newbies need to LEARN!” Again, everyone shook their flashlights up and down. “Great! They said they contacted Leadernim 2. She should be waiting with orders.”

                “What kind of orders?” Suho asked, staring at Sohyun with eyes as wide as his lover’s AKA D.O. Sohyun shined her light right in his eyes and shrugged. Next time he’d wear sunglasses.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

                “It is the end of the first day!” SS cheered, waving a flag in the air.

                “It has been a loooong day, Shinsadong Squirrel,” Naeunicorn said to the younger girl, wiping the imaginary sweat from her forehead. Glitter came off instead. “Who has died today?” The screen flashed up the K&A logo before starting off.

                “Hyosung and Jokwon, both from 3.”
                “Minami from 5.”
                “Joonkyu from 7.”
                “Woohee from 8.”
                “Taeyeon from 10.”
                “Taejun from 11.”
                “Ailee from 12.”

                “Ailee unnie can sing very well!” SS told Naeunicorn, still waving her flag. The unicorn woman agreed and clapped, looking back at the camera. The two smiled wide, almost in a creepy manner, as the camera switched off of them and back to the arena.

                “We have lessons to teach,” SS told Naeunicorn quietly, grabbing her arm and dragging her from her seat and out of their announcer station. The two raced down the halls, passing by unimportant people, stylists, and a mentor or two that they didn’t care about.

                “Teaching Fadoosk?” Naeunicorn questioned, raising both her eyebrows. “Are we even fluent?”

                “Fadada [Yer],” SS whispered, dragging Naeunicorn into a hidden room. The unicorn woman blinked a few times as her golden eyes adjusted to the dimly lit room.

                “How the FrackieChan [JackieChan] do we see in here?” Naeunicorn asked loudly, squinting at people, the whiteboard, and then SS. SS stared back at her with wide eyes.

                “Fweh fwok flaa feglar! [Let’s get to work]” Sohyun said, hitting a gavel on the table in the center of the room. Some stared at her, unsure of what she said, while others sat down or stood up, watching her. She moved the whiteboard and a light was switched on; the spotlight on her. “I wanna make your body move~ So don’t stop! Baby, let your body groove~ Let it drop to the floor, floor, floor~ Let it drop to the floor, floor, floor~ Now everybody! Bounce bounce!”

                “Come on bounce! Let it bounce! Bounce!” Ricky sang, standing up and bouncing.

                “Come on now let it bounce! Bounce!”

                “Come on bounce! Let it bounce! Bounce!”

                “Now everybody, shake it and shake it for me!~” Sohyun began shimmying and everyone else starting shaking wildly.

                “Let me see you shake it and shake it for me!” Onew added, shaking.

                “Everybody shake it and shake it for me!” Tia sang.

                “Now everybody!” Sohyun sang loudly and everyone stopped. “Rock’n roll modu da on momeuro neukkyeobwa~ Dagachi sinnaneun rideume matchwo i dapdaphan sesangi sogeseo gatyeoitdeon Neoreul kkaewo~ Gaseum soge modeungeol bultaewo~ boryeo da let it go-oh-oh-oh~ let it go-oh-oh-oh!~ now let it go!”

                “Nan oneul idaero neol bonael su eobseo. Ja jal noneun saramdeulman modu moaseo nal ttarawa! Ttarawa!” Suho began his fail rapping and moving like he was Jay Park or something.

                Following in his footsteps was his secret lover, D.O., “Modeungeol ijeul su inneun got geugotkkaji gal geoya! Neoui mam sogeul naega deureogal su itdorok. Da yeoreojwo Neoreul naege modeungeol matjin chae ja nareul bwa! Nareul bwa!” The two were dancing and fist pumping and being odd. No one cared though. This was fun, so they’d dance!

                “Oneul neowa na jigeum idaero gyesok gaboneun geoya!” Sohyun rapped, ending it and the light going to normal on the whiteboard. “First off, we need to learn the most common sentence our leaders speak. Who knows it?”

                Half of the people raised their hands and Sohyun picked the loyal deer, Luhan. “Fwehishkiny fart flippudy flaa froo frible. [You seriously need to play safely.]”